2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

The backbone of those Crimson Tide teams will be the 2021 recruiting class, an all-time record-breaking haul that includes the No. 1 quarterback, No. 1 running back, No. 1 receiver, No. 1 offensive tackle, No. 1 center and No. 1 linebacker in the state of Texas.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Better be ready early in conference play-- @tcu/ou/okie lite tough stretch

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2021

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 9/4
vsULUL
TBD    
Sat, 9/11
@ARKARK
6:00 PM

espn-red@2x.png

Sat, 9/18
vsRICERICE
TBD    
Sat, 9/25
vsTTUTTU
TBD    
Sat, 10/2
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, 10/9
vsOUOU *
TBD    
Sat, 10/16
vsOKSTOKST
TBD    
Sat, 10/30
@BAYBAY
TBD    
Sat, 11/6
@ISUISU
TBD    
Sat, 11/13
vsKUKU
TBD    
Sat, 11/20
@WVUWVU
TBD    
Sat, 11/27
vsKSUKSU
TBD    

* Game played at neutral location

SIAP...  @satyanash will love this optimism 😋

Sark won’t get a honeymoon at Texas

By Zach Barnett -   May 20, 2021

Season will be determined before the bye week

I don’t think he ever would. But if CDC ever thought about taking Texas OU from the cotton bowl, the response should be like soccer recently had when they announced a super league.

Fuck that. It’s one of the best traditions in sports. You don’t just throw that away.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, Zeus said:

I was on campus for the Vince/Colt era, so it should be them, but right now today the first to come to mind was Sam. Sam WAS our team's identity for the last four years.

Obviously I hope Sark finds a way to be more consistent and get us to that next level where we're regularly contending for conference championships and playoff berths, but overall I did not hate the Tom Herman era and I think Herman and Sam were in some ways a perfect match for each other, which was lucky because neither one of them chose the other. Say what you will about Tom Herman, and there's a lot there to criticize, but throughout his career he has consistently gotten impressive production out of QBs with significant limitations. JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, Greg Ward, and Sam Ehlinger were not guys with elite ability, but the constant threat of QB Power clearly makes life hard for a defense and creates opportunities that a less-polished QB can take advantage of.

I understand firing Herman, especially if the powers that be really believe Sark is the future and didn't want to lose the opportunity, but I don't understand nobody snapping him up as an OC or even HC. Like if I was running things at Tennessee I would've gladly picked up a clearance-priced Tom Herman if my best alternative was Josh Heupel. I still feel like Herman could stroll into most G5s, out-recruit the rest of the conference, and have them good enough to knock off ranked teams a couple times a season and whip ass in a bowl game (even if they would get inexplicable losses to dogshit teams a couple times a season too). Surely he would've been a solid choice for a place like Boise State, who instead hired a guy with no HC experience and a 4-3 record in his one season as a coordinator?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I was on campus for the Vince/Colt era, so it should be them, but right now today the first to come to mind was Sam. Sam WAS our team's identity for the last four years.

You say that like it's a Good Thing™.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Obviously I hope Sark finds a way to be more consistent and get us to that next level where we're regularly contending for conference championships and playoff berths, but overall I did not hate the Tom Herman era and I think Herman and Sam were in some ways a perfect match for each other, which was lucky because neither one of them chose the other. Say what you will about Tom Herman, and there's a lot there to criticize, but throughout his career he has consistently gotten impressive production out of QBs with significant limitations. JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, Greg Ward, and Sam Ehlinger were not guys with elite ability, but the constant threat of QB Power clearly makes life hard for a defense and creates opportunities that a less-polished QB can take advantage of.

I understand firing Herman, especially if the powers that be really believe Sark is the future and didn't want to lose the opportunity, but I don't understand nobody snapping him up as an OC or even HC. Like if I was running things at Tennessee I would've gladly picked up a clearance-priced Tom Herman if my best alternative was Josh Heupel. I still feel like Herman could stroll into most G5s, out-recruit the rest of the conference, and have them good enough to knock off ranked teams a couple times a season and whip ass in a bowl game (even if they would get inexplicable losses to dogshit teams a couple times a season too). Surely he would've been a solid choice for a place like Boise State, who instead hired a guy with no HC experience and a 4-3 record in his one season as a coordinator?

Is this sarcasm?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

LMAO

28 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

11.gif.421ab9b10ef12cda90a66fbad4deb639.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Is this sarcasm?

No? I didn't say he's the greatest, but his resume is objectively way better than the hires some places made. A guy who was always a position coach before going 4-3 in one season as a coordinator vs. a Broyles award/national championship winning OC who is 54-22 as a HC with a couple of NY6 bowl wins in there?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

No? I didn't say he's the greatest, but his resume is objectively way better than the hires some places made. A guy who was always a position coach before going 4-3 in one season as a coordinator vs. a Broyles award/national championship winning OC who is 54-22 as a HC with a couple of NY6 bowl wins in there?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

9 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Without extenuating circumstances, you're totally right. Resume looks a lot better than a tub of lard like Heupel. But he's just suuuch a douche, with off-field issues, who clearly needs some time to get his mind right. Dude looked gaunt and unhealthy at the Alamo Bowl.

3 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

How many wrong things can I include in one single post? Well let me see.

Season will be determined before the bye week

You know I didn’t notice we don’t have a bye week before OU this year. I feel like there’s usually one in there at some point before then. Maybe I’m just crazy. At least there’s Rice.

Michelle? Hi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

There's also the thought (not sure how true this is) that Herman wanted to get out of the college game after flaming out here, or at least see if the NFL ranks suited him.

Probably a good idea if he doesn't believe in momentum. The NFL is also more suited for the "win by not losing" idea where execution and ball control trump big plays

• Hook 'Em 1