2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

On 5/18/2021 at 2:26 PM, Octavian said:

Lol. Considering I have to take billions of dollars worth of risk on positions in different companies’ stocks on a daily basis for my job, I assure you I’ve taken more risk than you have and far more frequently. I never said one posting style is better than another - I just said you go on long rants that have very little substance in them given that the point is generally sandwiched between 90 tons of horseshit. People like the information you bring. It has value. I also like this information and value it. Your opinions are average at best and I’ve never seen you actually conduct real analysis that adds value outside of stating your opinion in as forceful a manner as possible and expecting people to fold over. I’m sure this tactic works when you have people jerking you off for the aforementioned information you drop off from time to time.

Wow, I didn't know that you were a nurse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made the OSU game trip Wheeler put together in 99.  One of the best road game trips of all time.  He made sure everyone had a good time.   I hated to hear about what happened on the later trip.  

That being said, it has been over 20 years since I looked at hornfans.  Did longhornfanzone, burntorangefanzone and lmfanzone(miss this little site).  Lurked on shag for awhile, finally signed up right before the split.  Pre www days it was r.s.f.c..  

===

What kind of split between touches will it be between Bijan and Roschon?  

55 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Made the OSU game trip Wheeler put together in 99.  One of the best road game trips of all time.  He made sure everyone had a good time.   I hated to hear about what happened on the later trip.  

That being said, it has been over 20 years since I looked at hornfans.  Did longhornfanzone, burntorangefanzone and lmfanzone(miss this little site).  Lurked on shag for awhile, finally signed up right before the split.  Pre www days it was r.s.f.c..  

===

What kind of split between touches will it be between Bijan and Roschon?  

Bijan- 22 touches

Roschon- 14 touches

other rb/WR- 5 runs

QB- runs/sacks/scrambles- 8

Passes to non RB- 25

punts/figgies- 5

77- Total plays from scrimmage.  Slightly faster pace than prior years.  This is breakdown I'd expect for a competitive game we are trying to win.  Obviously the Bijan touches and passes to non RB will go down against Rice/Kansas/anyone else we decide to buttfuck and end the game early b/c winning isn't that hard (if you are Texas).

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of passes to RBs.  One thing I liked about the Alabama QBs under Sark is that they had a knack for hitting the RB in stride on swing passes.  Not only that, he schemed it so they, the RB, wouldn't get blown up as soon as he caught the ball.

Also, on special teams... I can't wait to see how Banks sets up Jamison.

Marqez Bimage

Football

Corporate Communication

Malcolm Epps

Football

Human Dimensions of Organization, minor in ASL

Matt Frost

Football

Government, minor in History

Michael Grandy

Football

Physical Culture & Sports with an Education track

Russell Hine

Football

Biochemistry (BSA), minor in Business

Tope Imade

Football

Marketing, graduate program

Reese Moore

Football

Physical Culture & Sports, minor in Business

Casey Thompson

Football

Sport Management, minor in Business

Willie Tyler

Football

Physical Culture & Sports with an Education track

Jaren Watkins

Football

Sociology with a Pre-Health Professions certificate

Daniel Young

Football

Applied Movement Science with an Education track

Also notable, from last fall:

Will Matthews

Football

Applied Learning & Development with an Education track

Jason Hall

Football

Applied Learning & Development with a Social Work track

Derrick Johnson

Football

Applied Learning & Development with a Social Work track

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Grad Transfer with 2 years' eligibility? I'd be interested in seeing what offers might fly in the window this next couple of months, were I in those shoes...

It definitely puts the writing on the wall if he's leapfrogged by Card. 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, JFKFC said:

I think this is the 2nd time these guys have tweeted out one of my posts. Let's all pray to Vishnu that they don't find any of my posts about Herman during the overtime against OU, or Surly could get shut down. 

I don't understand why these message board geniuses don't just interact on the message board instead of twatter

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

I don't understand why these message board geniuses don't just interact on the message board instead of twatter

Because it's a way for fans to see funny posts from team-specific boards of teams they aren't fans of. Like, an NC State fan would get a laugh out of that, but would have no reason to actually visit Surly.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, JFKFC said:

I think this is the 2nd time these guys have tweeted out one of my posts. Let's all pray to Vishnu that they don't find any of my posts about Herman during the overtime against OU, or Surly could get shut down. 

Yes, but tell me more about this weed?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

He gets a free transfer regardless. Not sure how it changes the calculus.

Grad transfers don't have to apply for the COVID exemption, though.  It's an interesting choice for a backup who wants to be the starter, that's all.   

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

This is highly interesting... 

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

It definitely puts the writing on the wall if he's leapfrogged by Card. 

1 minute ago, bejezuz said:

Grad transfers don't have to apply for the COVID exemption, though.  It's an interesting choice for a backup who wants to be the starter, that's all.   

Your whole posting on this is way off. No one has to sit out this year or get a waiver, and it’s always been known he’d be a grad transfer by this summer. Nothing has changed, and the situation has been obvious the whole time. There’s a reason Card didn’t get a single snap with the ones the entire spring game. 

46 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yes, but tell me more about this weed?

It is an indica strain, and my favorite I've come across. When I'm flying my plane and I accidentally get drunk, it really chills me out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your whole posting on this is way off. No one has to sit out this year or get a waiver, and it’s always been known he’d be a grad transfer by this summer. Nothing has changed, and the situation has been obvious the whole time. There’s a reason Card didn’t get a single snap with the ones the entire spring game. 

Depends on how you look at it.  What you're telling me is that Texas is doing everything it can to keep him here and make it look like he's QB1.  You're also telling me he could still insta-transfer without graduating and that his ability to graduate by the summer was a known situation forever.  Basically, this was foreseeable and meaningless.  

But my perspective is that if you don't have to graduate to transfer, why graduate?  It's like packing a suitcase.  It doesn't mean you're leaving, and you could always leave without the suitcase, but it sure makes it hard to argue you don't want to leave.  

1 minute ago, bejezuz said:

Depends on how you look at it.  What you're telling me is that Texas is doing everything it can to keep him here and make it look like he's QB1.  You're also telling me he could still insta-transfer without graduating and that his ability to graduate by the summer was a known situation forever.  Basically, this was foreseeable and meaningless.  

But my perspective is that if you don't have to graduate to transfer, why graduate?  It's like packing a suitcase.  It doesn't mean you're leaving, and you could always leave without the suitcase, but it sure makes it hard to argue you don't want to leave.  

Maybe he’s graduating because he has completed the requirements to graduate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I imagine this was his plan from awhile ago, before it was a sure thing there'd be a free transfer rule. He either A) wins the starting job and has a lot more time to devote to football, or B) would not win the job and be able to grad transfer. 

Is this a joke? He will get a free master’s degree funded by football, be it at UT or elsewhere.

He was already on track to graduate early, as that’s a decision that had to be made pretty early on given the additional course load each semester and summers in order to get four years into three. At this juncture, why would he not?
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Is this a joke? He will get a free master’s degree funded by football, be it at UT or elsewhere.

He was already on track to graduate early, as that’s a decision that had to be made pretty early on given the additional course load each semester and summers in order to get four years into three. At this juncture, why would he not?

It's probably nothing, but WTF else do we have to gossip about.  

Was listening to the Horn and they listed out a few stats that were a bit concerning. Mel Kiper’s early 2022 draft list of the top 10 players at each position had zero Horns and 9 Sooners. That was a bit surprising. Now Kiper is an idiot, but Pro Football Focus also had a similar list with no Horns. Yikes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Was listening to the Horn and they listed out a few stats that were a bit concerning. Mel Kiper’s early 2022 draft list of the top 10 players at each position had zero Horns and 9 Sooners. That was a bit surprising. Now Kiper is an idiot, but Pro Football Focus also had a similar list with no Horns. Yikes. 

Did they mention the aggy representation on that list? I saw this tweet earlier: 

I know Spiller is getting some hype as one of the top rb prospects but there is no fucking way even Kiper is dumb enough to put Ainias Smith as the 3rd best back in the draft is he?

28 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Did they mention the aggy representation on that list? I saw this tweet earlier: 

I know Spiller is getting some hype as one of the top rb prospects but there is no fucking way even Kiper is dumb enough to put Ainias Smith as the 3rd best back in the draft is he?

Gotta maintain the offseason tradition of nfl mocks being completely useless.

OU and A&M have lots of talent for sure. OU's only real question marks are if the OL will be good or great and if the secondary will be good. A&M's are if the rest of their OL outside of Green overcomes its inexperience, if King can match Mond's performance last year, if they can get another contributor in the WR corps (Demas, Muhammad, Chapman) outside of Ainias and Chase Lane, and if their secondary becomes a plus unit. OU will be 11-1 at worst while A&M will be 9-3 at worst.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Overshown could play himself into a top 10 LB but, yeah, not a ton of NFL-bound seniors or surefire early entrants as I see it. Keep in mind that the draft prospects for this year are essentially the the remnants of the 2017 and 2018 classes, from which many have either transferred out, graduated, or already declared. Team is fairly young.

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Overshown could play himself into a top 10 LB but, yeah, not a ton of NFL-bound seniors or surefire early entrants as I see it. Keep in mind that the draft prospects for this year are essentially the the remnants of the 2017 and 2018 classes, from which many have either transferred out, graduated, or already declared. Team is fairly young.

I'll add Coburn, Sweat, and Jamison to that list. 1 of the 20 edge transfers might hit, and I'll give Josh Thompson and Casey Thompson honorable mentions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'll add Coburn, Sweat, and Jamison to that list. 1 of the 20 edge transfers might hit, and I'll give Josh Thompson and Casey Thompson honorable mentions. 

Bijan and Collins are the two best prospects on the team and aren’t draft eligible.

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I was thinking Coburn and Jamison were on the cusp if they each had really strong years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I was thinking Coburn and Jamison were on the cusp if they each had really strong years. 

I would have to imagine that Jamison will have really good measurables, and his 2 minute highlight reel is really fucking impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

IIRC I don't think Jamison gave up a TD pass all year. Either that or he has a current long streak of not giving one up. If he has a comparable year and runs well at the combine I could see him climbing up the draft boards

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

A&M will be 9-3 at worst because their schedule is a fucking joke, not because they're any good. If they're good, they'll be 11-1 or 10-2.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5102325

Idk what to tell you if you think A&M isn't a good team. I almost said a floor of 10-2 but I could see a team like Ole Miss catching fire and making Jimbo compete in a track meet along with LSU eking one out at home. The Henson hire and their recruiting wins along the DL are really going to pay off for them.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

All A&M really needs from King is to match Mond's level from last year. Jimbo's schemes in the run game plus the Spiller/Achane duo are hell for teams lacking physicality/talent in their defensive fronts. Wydermyer is a great safety blanket that shouldn't be overlooked as well.

King won't match but that's an astonishingly forgiving schedule so it'll all lead to a nice top 10-15 season regardless.