2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

On 5/27/2021 at 2:45 PM, closetojumping said:

Anything less than 10-3 this season is an immediate signal that it is time to go ahead and light the cigarettes, because we've already been properly fucked. 

Shit, ctj, I'm still trying to figure out who the 3 teams we lose to might be.

I mean, we might lose to OU, because it's a rivalry game, and the winner of that game is up for grabs, even if one of the teams is great and the other's complete ass.

Not sure how a decent coaching staff, which we have, with our talent level, which is very good, loses to 3 teams on our 2021 schedule.

I guess we could lose a bowl game? That's two.

Shit, ctj, I'm still trying to figure out who the 3 teams we lose to might be.
I mean, we might lose to OU, because it's a rivalry game, and the winner of that game is up for grabs, even if one of the teams is great and the other's complete ass.
Not sure how a decent coaching staff, which we have, with our talent level, which is very good, loses to 3 teams on our 2021 schedule.
I guess we could lose a bowl game? That's two.
Well, we hope we have.
We traded Horney for a monkey. Think we are much improved just on optics alone.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Bevo said:

I messed around with an Arky girl. She was good looking in a librarian sort of way. She ended up marrying a New Orlean's Saint. Might be fun to stir up some shit for the game.

New Orlean's?????

What in the everlasting gobstopping fuck is wrong with you????

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Hopefully we have settled on someone by the TCU game.

Hopefully we win the first two games of the season and they both get to play in those two games so we know what we are dealing with.

Sark has never been a rotating QB guy. I think we ride with whoever he chooses.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Sark has never been a rotating QB guy. I think we ride with whoever he chooses.

which also makes me think once he settles on his top 3 WRs and TE... they will be on the field 90% of the time.. no more 6 deep rotations... and we all are going to see Bijan eat

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Domedriver said:

I still enjoyed 2005 and you can’t take that away from me!

No, we can't!

Sark is going to rip some Arkie and okie shit this fall!

He sure is!

And I will remember 2021 as a great year!

I bet you will!

Commie spell check!

We're back in the U.S. ... back in the U.S. ... BACK IN THE U.S.S.R.!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

which also makes me think once he settles on his top 3 WRs and TE... they will be on the field 90% of the time.. no more 6 deep rotations... and we all are going to see Bijan eat

I'm not sure we have three WRs that are going to be able to separate, so rotation may be part of the deal there, which isn't necessarialy a bad thing as long as you're not giving reps to clearly inferior players. But yes, I do not expect anymore Bijan single-digit touch bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Daichee Bell said:

Fify. I think we’re going to see a heavy dose of those guys until the wide receivers settle out a bit.

Probably gonna be a heavy dose of Bijan and Roschon regardless of the WR rotation to take pressure off of the QBs.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I'm not sure we have three WRs that are going to be able to separate, so rotation may be part of the deal there, which isn't necessarialy a bad thing as long as you're not giving reps to clearly inferior players. But yes, I do not expect anymore Bijan single-digit touch bullshit.

Troy Omeire, Joshua Moore, and Jake Smith will be the three whenever they do. I'm gonna guess there will be significant snaps for Kelvontay Dixon and Xavier Worthy.

41 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Probably gonna be a heavy dose of Bijan and Roschon regardless of the WR rotation to take pressure off of the QBs.

Troy Omeire, Joshua Moore, and Jake Smith will be the three whenever they do. I'm gonna guess there will be significant snaps for Kelvontay Dixon and Xavier Worthy.

No Whittington?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Some numbers on Arkansas from last year.

– Sacks: Opponents 34 for 186 yards- Arkansas 14 for 103 yards

– Time of Possession: Opponents 34:43 – Arkansas 25:17

– 3rd Down Conversions: Opponents 74-of-158 (47%) – Arkansas 46-of-136 (34%)

Scares ya to death

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A healthy dose of Bijan and Roschon will ensure they lose the time of possession game. 

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

2020 Arky defense was usually pretty salty for at least the first half.   Then they wore down in the 2nd half of several games...

2020 Arky offense's inability to sustain drives and score TDs was the primary reason for most of their losses...

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Lulz. Moore, Whittington, Dixon, and Omeire can all get separation. When you actually run an offense that also helps the skill position players by putting defenders into conflict positions it also helps. The Herman offense was built to showcase two positions, the QB and the slot WR. Go look at his offense at UH, it was the exact same there, QB and slot.

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. Moore, Whittington, Dixon, and Omeire can all get separation...

I think Sark mentioned the separation problem pretty early on. He said something along the lines of "we'll find a way for each guy to separate", which appeared to me to imply that he thinks with the proper techniques and the right calls, the receivers would be able to separate without a huge problem. 

FWIW, I speculated that this issue may have been the catalyst to send Epps out the door. Seems like Epps just didn't really put in enough effort  into learning, lifting, and practicing whatever escapability methods coaches gave him. After the Spring work, Sark apparently had a sit-down with each player, to discuss what they needed to do this summer to continue their improvement. I have a feeling that Epps was one of the ones who were told that their mental and physical situation made it look like he wouldn't bother, or perhaps be able, to do the expected work and it might be a good idea for him to look around for another place to play. Not a rumor or anything, just seemed to fit the way it's played out to this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I think Sark mentioned the separation problem pretty early on. He said something along the lines of "we'll find a way for each guy to separate", which appeared to me to imply that he thinks with the proper techniques and the right calls, the receivers would be able to separate without a huge problem. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

2020 Arky defense was usually pretty salty for at least the first half.   Then they wore down in the 2nd half of several games...

2020 Arky offense's inability to sustain drives and score TDs was the primary reason for most of their losses...

To be fair, Feleipe Franks is the human form of liquid shit. 

On 5/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, Bevo said:

Ohh, quit acting all uppity. Who hasn't banged South Austin's mom? Own it and enjoy being a part of the hotdog aisle club. Now tasting is a bridge too far...

I just don't want Snacks cutting in line. It risks upsetting the rotation. You all know the saying.. once you go slacks, you never go back.