2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

Are there really that many people who would bet on aggy? I mean, I know the odds are not about how likely something is, they are all about what will generate the most profit. So again, I ask, are there really that many people who would bet on aggy? It mystifies. Put up the roller coaster gif, by all means.

It's only slightly more mysterious than people putting money on Georgia. If you could scientifically prove to me that they were 75% likely to win the championship, I *still* wouldn't bet on Georgia, because... you know, Georgia. They'd fuck it up somehow.

49 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Are there really that many people who would bet on aggy? I mean, I know the odds are not about how likely something is, they are all about what will generate the most profit. So again, I ask, are there really that many people who would bet on aggy? It mystifies. Put up the roller coaster gif, by all means.

It's only slightly more mysterious than people putting money on Georgia. If you could scientifically prove to me that they were 75% likely to win the championship, I *still* wouldn't bet on Georgia, because... you know, Georgia. They'd fuck it up somehow.

You can’t hear the coaster clack-clack-clacking up the hill? There are at least $100,000 aggies who would bet on them right now. No logic necessary.  

53 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Aggy has a shit schedule and only has to beat bama and o'Brien's new O.

15 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

If it involves fisting, most definitely.

you know, the amount of bitterness and resentment I have received from this board simply because I had better sources and knew more about the coaching search than literally everyone here is pretty sad.

• Haha 4

I mean, there are a lot of aggy, no?

So.... I read the Sark transcript and this stood out as, "Nah, coach..."

“Well, what happens is, you start adding those numbers up, 100, 200, 300, 400, 450, 500 transfer kids we take (collectively), that’s 500 less high school kids that are getting scholarships at whatever level that is. That’s my concern, more so than giving kids opportunities in college to go somewhere else and be immediately eligible. … What are those high school kids doing now and what does their opportunity look like?”

Transfer portal is zero sum in relation to the total number of outstanding and available scholarships.  Those 500 players were already playing on a scholarship.  Whether they stay or leave, that scholarship pool is already unavailable to an incoming.

f the offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Snacks said:

So.... I read the Sark transcript and this stood out as, "Nah, coach..."

Transfer portal is zero sum in relation to the total number of outstanding and available scholarships.  Those 500 players were already playing on a scholarship.  Whether they stay or leave, that scholarship pool is already unavailable to an incoming.

f the offseason.

There are 65 P5 schools and they can take 25 new players per year.  Assume they are all high school seniors, and that is 1,625 high schools seniors joining P5 schools each year.  Now assume all P5 schools take 5 transfers per year, from other P5, DII, it doesn't matter.  Now there are only 20x65=1,300 high schools seniors that get to go to P5 schools.  The other 325 now have to go somewhere other than P5.  The issue is the 25 new players per year cap includes transfers.

What is really interesting is it is going to push good high school players down a level, which means more quality guys are going to go to G5 schools and blow up and transfer to P5 for more exposure, which means taking even less high school players, etc.  G5 is going to be like a farm system.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

jatavion looks fat. 

I wouldn’t say fat, but definitely didn’t come in looking like a grown man/instant contributor like I expected for some reason.
Definitely looks like a TE and will need to spend some time in the weight room. 

10 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I wouldn’t say fat, but definitely didn’t come in looking like a grown man/instant contributor like I expected for some reason.

He looks exactly like he looked as a senior, large but kind of baby-faced, why the shock?

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

This site is a lot more enjoyable when you guys refrain from quoting the largely ignored retards. Thanks. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Pretty sure that’s everyone on this site

I’ll be honest, Sal, you may be one of 10 posters I don’t have on ignore and I’m not even sure why you’ve been exempted. I largely come here in an effort to run through my own points and counterpoints. It’s like a personal playground for my own paranoias and incompetence. So, yeah, you’re not that far off, I think. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ll be honest, Sal, you may be one of 10 posters I don’t have on ignore and I’m not even sure why you’ve been exempted. I largely come here in an effort to run through my own points and counterpoints. It’s like a personal playground for my own paranoias and incompetence. So, yeah, you’re not that far off, I think. 

Because you know this is simply a burner account — just like @SydneyCarton is yours.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 7:59 AM, Machinator said:

Broughton

jesus christ

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

i don't know what's more nauseating... the talent on the sidelines or the talent on the field

we're gonna be good, y'all

• Like 1