The US and Korea

RomaVicta

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well I'm definitely not in favor of it, and wonder why a civilian would salute a military official, but a salute is not really the same as bowing to someone.  

"You salute the rank not the man", I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.  Seriously though, Presidents/civilians aren't supposed to salute military personnel, 

A bow is typically perceived as an act of subservience.

But don't let me stand in your way at being pissed at Trump.

I think Reagan started the tradition of saluting. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Just a reminder that the guy trying to justify Trump saluting a North Korean military official DEFINITELY didn't vote for him, you guys.

Oh I did, because he was running against Hillary. Satan himself would have gotten my vote over that POS.  That has nothing to do with the comments I made.

Mr. Obama shouldn't have been bowing or saluting anyone ever, and I blamed his admin. staff for not cluing him into the proper protocol.

And exactly how did I justify what he did ?  I stated I didn't care for it.  Maybe a strongly worded letter would have been better ?

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why is Hillary considered more evil than Satan again? 

I need a laugh 

Let's just say when she orders a "pizza" at a well known D.C. restaurant, she asks for toppings to include "extra babies". Wink wink.

For Gods sake, please get your sarcasm meters checked !!  Satan wouldn't let himself get into an election with that woman.
I just don't believe all that talk about her actually eating babies.
Why would they eat the baby after they just got finished... oh, nevermind.

Oh I did, because he was running against Hillary. Satan himself would have gotten my vote over that POS.  That has nothing to do with the comments I made.
Mr. Obama shouldn't have been bowing or saluting anyone ever, and I blamed his admin. staff for not cluing him into the proper protocol.
And exactly how did I justify what he did ?  I stated I didn't care for it.  Maybe a strongly worded letter would have been better ?

But Hillary!

Washington (CNN)The US Department of Homeland Security said that it has identified malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government, according to a new report released on Thursday, just days after the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

DHS and FBI analysts working with US government partners highlighted the use of what are known as Trojan malware variants -- software used by the North Korean government that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems. 

"This malware variant is known as TYPEFRAME," according to the report by the DHS Computer Emergency Readiness Team, noting that "the US Government refers to malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government as HIDDEN COBRA."

"The intent of sharing this information is to enable network defenders to identify and reduce exposure to North Korean government cyber activity," the report added. 

This is not the first time the US government has called out North Korean hackers that have targeted major international corporations and infected thousands of computers around the world in recent years.

"Since June 2017, DHS and the FBI have publicly released 11 national cyber awareness products associated with North Korean government malicious cyber activity; four joint Technical Alerts (TA) and seven joint Malware Analysis Reports (MAR)," a DHS spokesperson told CNN.

"DHS pursues a model of 'collective defense' in cybersecurity, meaning government and industry take collaborative, tangible actions together to mitigate threats and reduce the most serious, enduring and collective strategic cyber risks to the United States and to our international partners," the spokesperson said. 

Previous alerts can be viewed on the US-CERT website

The US has long been aware of North Korea's prowess in cyberspace. North Korean hackers are believed to have been behind or to have played a part in major debilitating cyberattacks including the WannaCry ransomware attack, which infected hundreds of thousands of computers in 2017, as well as the hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment in 2014.

And in February, a report indicated that a group of North Korean hackers known as Reaper was targeting major international companies. 

North Korea is not the only nation state that has been called out by the US for its malicious cyber activity in recent months. 

In April, the US and UK warned that Russian hackers were targeting network infrastructure devices -- the types of devices that most internet traffic travels through, such as routers since 2015.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/dhs-north-korea-malware-campaign/index.html

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Washington (CNN)The US Department of Homeland Security said that it has identified malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government, according to a new report released on Thursday, just days after the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

DHS and FBI analysts working with US government partners highlighted the use of what are known as Trojan malware variants -- software used by the North Korean government that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems. 

"This malware variant is known as TYPEFRAME," according to the report by the DHS Computer Emergency Readiness Team, noting that "the US Government refers to malicious cyber activity by the North Korean government as HIDDEN COBRA."

"The intent of sharing this information is to enable network defenders to identify and reduce exposure to North Korean government cyber activity," the report added. 

This is not the first time the US government has called out North Korean hackers that have targeted major international corporations and infected thousands of computers around the world in recent years.

"Since June 2017, DHS and the FBI have publicly released 11 national cyber awareness products associated with North Korean government malicious cyber activity; four joint Technical Alerts (TA) and seven joint Malware Analysis Reports (MAR)," a DHS spokesperson told CNN.

"DHS pursues a model of 'collective defense' in cybersecurity, meaning government and industry take collaborative, tangible actions together to mitigate threats and reduce the most serious, enduring and collective strategic cyber risks to the United States and to our international partners," the spokesperson said. 

Previous alerts can be viewed on the US-CERT website

The US has long been aware of North Korea's prowess in cyberspace. North Korean hackers are believed to have been behind or to have played a part in major debilitating cyberattacks including the WannaCry ransomware attack, which infected hundreds of thousands of computers in 2017, as well as the hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment in 2014.

And in February, a report indicated that a group of North Korean hackers known as Reaper was targeting major international companies. 

North Korea is not the only nation state that has been called out by the US for its malicious cyber activity in recent months. 

In April, the US and UK warned that Russian hackers were targeting network infrastructure devices -- the types of devices that most internet traffic travels through, such as routers since 2015.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/dhs-north-korea-malware-campaign/index.html

Unknown.jpg

Someone (Onboard) might say "But Hillary.  She put classified info on easily hackable  phones, servers and laptops, while taking donation after donation from foreign entities!"

News flash, this is about homeland security calling out North Korea.  Hopefully Trump uses this info as leverage and can disrupt their cyber attacks.  Eric Schmidt and google should have never gone over there to work with them.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, Smax said:

so keep doing what the past administrations have done which has resulted in NK having a hydrogen bomb and a continental ballistic missile?

knob slobbing? your TDS is flaring up

have you watched anything but msnbc, everyone in the trump admin who has commented on this stated " this is the first step in a long process"

you alls hate for trump is clouding your perception of reality, i know i know you just cant help yourself

Trump, literally just now: "I have solved the problem with North Korea."

Any other deep insights, champ?

2 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Trump rally supporters clapping for Trump's prediction that Chairman Kim will turn N. Korea  around.  

Yeah, well, he had to take over from Kim Jong Obama, who was not even Korean, he was a secret Kenyan Muslim who claimed to be Korean, who colluded with Hillary to molest kids at a pizza place and John Podesta her emails, so Chairman Kim can fix this and make North Korea great again, believe me.

1 hour ago, Pods said:

It was already posted, but don't be sorry. This can never be posted enough. He's telling us in plain English that he wants to be dictator. We need to take him at his word. 

Of course he does, but it's hard to think of someone as stupid as him that flipped a democracy into a dictatorship. Chavez and Putin were smart. So was Hitler.  Plenty of birthright dumbass dictators out there though. He should have had Fred do the dirty work first and then hand him the keys. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, has introduced a new national oath playing down the achievements of his father and grandfather and instead praising his own ideology and leadership.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/23/kim-jong-un-introduces-new-mandatory-national-oath-erasing-father/

What does this mean?  I'm hoping it's a signal that some (good) reform is on the way.

from Vice: 

North Korea has reportedly canceled its annual “anti-U.S. imperialism” rally, an event where tens of thousands of citizens line the streets of Pyongyang to denounce the regime’s most hated enemy.

Though the North Korean government has not publicly announced its decision, the Associated Press confirmed Monday that this year’s rally would not go ahead.

3 minutes ago, Caracara said:

Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, has introduced a new national oath playing down the achievements of his father and grandfather and instead praising his own ideology and leadership.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/23/kim-jong-un-introduces-new-mandatory-national-oath-erasing-father/

What does this mean?  I'm hoping it's a signal that some (good) reform is on the way.

from Vice: 

North Korea has reportedly canceled its annual “anti-U.S. imperialism” rally, an event where tens of thousands of citizens line the streets of Pyongyang to denounce the regime’s most hated enemy.

Though the North Korean government has not publicly announced its decision, the Associated Press confirmed Monday that this year’s rally would not go ahead.

Trump made him a god just like everyone knew he would.

DO NOT CONGRATULATE 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump made him a god just like everyone knew he would.

DO NOT CONGRATULATE 

Trump made him god?    Hugo, I'm just hoping some of the old ways of oppression, torture and nuke development may be on the wane.   Maybe if there is actual evidence at some point that something good is happening in Korea, you'll give the green light to your Horn minions that it's okay to acknowledge it.

• Haha 1

In the eyes of the North Korean people, Kim Jong Un’s grandfather is their god.

Now that lil’ Kim has brought the mighty United States to it’s knees, he’s going to very easily surpass his grandfather as a deity in the eyes of his people.

That’s why the Summit was such a bad idea.  It made North Korea stronger and more indoctrinated/in-prisoned. 

12 minutes ago, Caracara said:

Trump made him god?    Hugo, I'm just hoping some of the old ways of oppression, torture and nuke development may be on the wane.   Maybe if there is actual evidence at some point that something good is happening in Korea, you'll give the green light to your Horn minions that it's okay to acknowledge it.

Yeah, it's the people who await "actual evidence" who are brainless, Mr. "denuclearization is a done deal." 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Man, that summit got forgotten about with a quickness.

It's all kids in cages for now

but like Stormy Daniels and her lawyer in the cockpit of a MiG, NK news will zoom to the fore when the time is right.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah, it's the people who await "actual evidence" who are brainless, Mr. "denuclearization is a done deal." 

I guess there's a process, but if we never see another nuke test from NK, who's to say it isn't? 

5 minutes ago, Caracara said:

I guess there's a process, but if we never see another nuke test from NK, who's to say it isn't? 

Huh?  You can maintain a nuclear arsenal without testing.  Our last test was in 1992; have we denuclearized? 

Edited by Mojo Hand

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Huh?  You can maintain a nuclear arsenal without testing.  Our last test was in 1992; have we denuclearized? 

"Nuclear testing" was a narrow way to put it.  My bad.  Just saying that it's possible the process toward a less dangerous, de-nuked NK has begun.  if it has, that's a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Caracara said:

"Nuclear testing" was a narrow way to put it.  My bad.  Just saying that it's possible the process toward a less dangerous, de-nuked NK has begun.  if it has, that's a good thing.

Lol if you believe this.  No evidence to support they’re denuking, in fact there’s more historical evidence that indicates they ain’t doing shit.

They got everything they wanted and more already.  There is no incentive for them to denuclearize now.

South Korea is also in a worse position if things go south.

4 minutes ago, Caracara said:

Right, but that is a separate point from whether it's wiser to wait for "actual evidence" than spin from a pathological liar. 

18 minutes ago, Caracara said:

You get dumber every single day. I'm impressed that you've managed to put together such a flawless streak.

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Right, but that is a separate point from whether it's wiser to wait for "actual evidence" than spin from a pathological liar. 

I've invested some time in this thread, so I keep an eye on NK news. Just noticed these little developments today, and thought I'd post a heads-up.  I understand they can be interpreted in various ways or dismissed.  But in my opinion these little items could indicate positive change.

2 minutes ago, Caracara said:

I've invested some time in this thread, so I keep an eye on NK news. Just noticed these little developments today, and thought I'd post a heads-up.  I understand they can be interpreted in various ways or dismissed.  But in my opinion these little items could indicate positive change.

Sure, but you also mocked those who are waiting for actual evidence before they draw conclusions about NK denuclearization.   Hence my response. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Sure, but you also mocked those who are waiting for actual evidence before they draw conclusions about NK denuclearization.   Hence my response. 

if I've mocked, it has only been aimed at histrionics, name-calling and repetition.  Not at anybody's opinion that we should wait for evidence. I already acknowledged after the summit that I jumped the gun, thinking things were farther along than they were.

• Like 1