The US and Korea

RomaVicta

16 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Other than nuclear weapons, geography, and number of MLB level baseball players what are the differences between the two?  

This is impressively ignorant in its presumptions.

Cuba and NK are not similar in essentially any way.

14 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

"Other than nuclear weapons", is a pretty fucking big qualifier, so still not sure if serious...

But for one thing, Cuba is a major vacation destination and a trading partner for pretty much everyone else in the world except for the US.

Not sure how anyone could see them and NK as even remotely similar.

Cubans are also better educated and don't worship the Castros as gods.  They don't have complete freedom of movement or expression, but they have a hell of a lot more than North Koreans have.  They can also, theoretically, participate in the Communist party and be a cog in the machine as the people, again theoretically, own everything.  In North Korea, you can't really do shit unless you were born to someone who was doing shit already, and KJU owns everything because he's god.

Nobody else that I can think of has ever run the NK combo of emperor worship/fascist-communism.  

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Who could have possibly predicted Donald Trump would be all bluster in front of one audience and then walk back his promises when it was time to deal with a different audience?

Have y'all watched the excruciatingly self-aggrandizing film "trailer" Trump showed to kick off the press conference? Cornball morning in America production values framing the greatness of Un and Trump as men who will change the world....forever!

I like how the word "tiny" appears before wiping the entire word Destiny occurs.

I'm sure Donald has plans for this film in his Presidential Library which will be located on the National Mall beside the Trump obelisk which will be several feet taller than the Washington Monument. All this will be done by fiat through executive orders.

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Have y'all watched the excruciatingly self-aggrandizing film "trailer" Trump showed to kick off the press conference? Cornball morning in America production values framing the greatness of Un and Trump as men who will change the world....forever!

I like how the word "tiny" appears before wiping the entire word Destiny occurs.

I'm sure Donald has plans for this film in his Presidential Library which will be located on the National Mall beside the Trump obelisk which will be several feet taller than the Washington Monument. All this will be done by fiat through executive orders.

Only two outcomes it says. Seems a a bit simple.

So I guess this was not really produced for the Supreme Leader, but for all the folks back home.  Seem like a real estate fluff production to entice purchasing.

That's a really fucking major negotiating chip that should have been reserved for full denuclearization and signing of a formal peace treaty. Preferably, it shouldn't happen until a 5 or 10 year anniversary of the peace treaty being signed to ensure actual compliance. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I like that trailer.

It's nice.

Needs more tits, though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This guy is a fucking terrorist that wanted to vaporize all of us six months ago and now we’re like “come on over!”

Imagine if Obama invited the ISIS top guy into the White House... if only they had nukes.

Yeah, but at least Trump is white and Christian.

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What's to stop us from throwing his ass in jail while he's in the US?

Well, that would disrupt the accepted rules of diplomacy for the last 100 years, cripple our credibility an unrecoverable amount, and maybe cost us the UN HQ, so I expect Trump to do it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well, that would disrupt the accepted rules of diplomacy for the last 100 years, cripple our credibility an unrecoverable amount, and maybe cost us the UN HQ, so I expect Trump to do it.

To be fair, the UN is taking up a lot of valuable NYC real estate.

• Like 1

To those of y'all who keep citing the fact that Lil' Kim being educated in West somehow means he wants to open his country up to globalization and negotiate in good faith with the community of nations, I can only say: Trump was also educated in the West and expresses neither of those desires. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I just had a chilling thought. What if this is a return to out Latin American policies of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s?

Set up an autocrat who welcomes American corporations to exploit their resources and markets. The autocrat gets huge kickbacks, CIA protection, and death squad/torture training in Georgia.

Good times.

You want another chilling thought?  Other than the Nukes, the Norks have some of the best cyber criminals in the world.

Seems like Kim owes someone a favor.

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Maybe they can go to Disney World on the way to Mar a Lago

Trump doesn't profit from a visit to Disney World. So that ain't happening. But someone ponied up $6,000/night for Kim to stay in Singapore. Trump is all over that. 

5 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I wonder how many Big Macs it would take for Trump to allow Kim to pose for photos sitting at the desk in the Oval Office.

Shit, throw some mcnuggets into the mix and the Dotard will sit in rocketman's lap.

10 hours ago, Caracara said:

I didn't vote for Trump.  I did think he had a special relationship with the military, and was about to accomplish something major and drastic due to previously un-utilized US military intelligence and strategic power.

We'll need allies in the coming war with Canada, this is true.

• Like 1

Dude, you're fucking nuts. 
Or maybe he's just more aware of things going on around him and how they relate and doesn't rely on corporate media and politically tinted glasses to perceive the world around him

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I believe in human rights and democracy and that those are positive values that should be promoted around the world. The Republcan party used to stand for those values. Trump doesn't. You obviously don't. I also believe that by replying to you twice I've paid you more respect than you've earned. 

saudi arabia tho

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I believe in human rights and democracy and that those are positive values that should be promoted around the world. The Republcan party used to stand for those values. Trump doesn't. You obviously don't. I also believe that by replying to you twice I've paid you more respect than you've earned. 

Hate to break it to you, but the American government, the MIC, and the intelligence apparatus don't really believe in any of that shit, except to the extent that they can peddle it to idiots while they lay the necessary groundwork for American hegemonic interests. You and I may think that they are values that should be promoted around the world, but the reality is that our government doesn't represent those interests.  And hasn't for a long time.  But rhetoric!

Edited by Anastasis

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Hate to break it to you, but the American government, the MIC, and the intelligence apparatus don't really believe in any of that shit, except to the extent that they can peddle it to idiots while they lay the necessary groundwork for American hegemonic interests. You and I may think that they are values that should be promoted around the world, but the reality is that our government doesn't represent those interests.  

You mean the government that was built on a foundation of genocide and slavery?

I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

This guy is a fucking terrorist that wanted to vaporize all of us six months ago and now we’re like “come on over!”
Imagine if Obama invited the ISIS top guy into the White House... if only they had nukes.
Kinda like when it was reported by virtually every main stream media site that Kim Jong Un fed his uncle to a pack of dogs and had his ex-girlfriend executed by firing squad but then they both turned up alive and well. Maybe we're not being given the most accurate info. Not saying the guy is a saint, just saying we've been spoon fed a few blatant lies about him

• Like 1

Just now, NateHitch said:

Kinda like when it was reported by virtually every main stream media site that Kim Jong Un fed his uncle to a pack of dogs and had his ex-girlfriend executed by firing squad but then they both turned up alive and well. Maybe we're not being given the most accurate info. Not saying the guy is a saint, just saying we've been spoon fed a few blatant lies about him

I wonder what his brother thinks about this.

Oh, wait.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NateHitch said:

The 100% verified stuff, like the prison camps, is enough to make him one of the worst guys on earth.   A couple of incorrect stories doesn't change that. 

Just now, NateHitch said:

see video i linked earlier, think it was in this thread. 

While we would all agree that the promotion of human rights is an important duty of the United States, I had no idea there was such a fervent drive to tie denuclearization to also human rights improvements. If someone could just summarize what we did for the Iran deal, perhaps that is a terrific blueprint for how to negotiate the NK deal.

• Like 1