Y'all Think That Rundberg Fiesta Is Rough

MaybeACoordinator

HPD: At least 8 people hit by car at Fiesta Mart in south Houston

It's got nothin' on Southside, Southside yeaahhhh

Houston police are investigating a major crash Saturday afternoon at a Fiesta Market in south Houston.

Officials said at least eight people were struck by the vehicle at 9420 Cullen Boulevard. Around 3 p.m., a gold SUV drove through the front windows and traveled through the store, according to HPD.

The injured people were transported to local hospitals. The youngest victim was 9 years old while the oldest was in their mid-30s.

HPD said the most significant injury suffered was a head injury and that person is expected to survive.

Jhannee Armstead was getting her nails done nearby when the crash happened and rushed over to help.

“I actually didn’t know that a car went through until someone told me but I was more focused the lady that was laying down on the ground, face down and I just saw blood all over the ground,” Armstead said.

All victims are expected to recover.

The driver is in custody and was showing signs of impairment.

Apparently all these people were run over or injured by flying debris inside the store. 

On 1/31/2021 at 2:30 AM, RPM said:

No curbside delivery?

Curbside...Bestside!!!

Always loved that Blues Brothers mall scene.  My dad took me to see that mall before it was supposed to be demolished in the 1980's.  It sat decaying for 35 years after that.  We rented a house right by the Fiesta at IH-35 & 39th street in college.  Never occurred to us to drive through it though.  csbalert/ last time I was in a Fiesta, I was buying a keg of beer with Bob Wheeler way back when, and a 4' Vietnamese woman reminded my hungover ass that my fly was open.  I'd like to think Wheeler and that little lady ended up together

23 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's always a fiesta at the rungberg heb!!

You're goddamned right there is!  That's my favorite HEB, by far.

And if you want something super messican and they don't have it....hop across the street to either La Finca or La Michoacana.  Need some Indian or middle eastern stuff?  Hit the Halal World Market across the way.

But, you know, I guess steer clear of angry people in SUVs.  Always a good move.

34 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's all Rundberg to me...Isn't that whole area called "Rundberg," the same way Gulfton Street encompasses that entire barrio in Houston?

Um. No. Rundberg is a street. I'm not even sure that's what the neighborhood is called. 

On 1/31/2021 at 5:25 AM, deadshank said:

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year. 

crazy-old-drivers.jpg

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's all Rundberg to me...Isn't that whole area called "Rundberg," the same way Gulfton Street encompasses that entire barrio in Houston?

Even if you called the area Rundberg, there is not a Fiesta to be found anywhere in the area. 

Curbside...Bestside!!!
Always loved that Blues Brothers mall scene.  My dad took me to see that mall before it was supposed to be demolished in the 1980's.  It sat decaying for 35 years after that. 

CSB.
Interesting story behind Dixie Sq mall, google some articles. Mall was already closed by the time they filmed Blue Brothers. It was unique that it was very successful when it opened and less than 7 years later, had declined rapidly. The area turned hood quickly (robberies/murders in the parking lot and mall)and the new, larger malls like Orland Sq killed it.