Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

Lol @ widow privileges and asking someone to tap another person for you.  This show always comes up with common social situations that Larry can call out or make awkward.

Not my favorite this season, but has its moments.  

Did I miss Larry's motive for being nice to the Irma?  I think I recall a season ago (or this season) he has some city ordinance enforced at his house he wasn't happy with...maybe trying to get it reversed, I wasn't fully paying attention..

Edited by utxmike05

4 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Lol @ widow privileges and asking someone to tap another person for you.  This show always comes up with common social situations that Larry can call out or make awkward.

Not my favorite this season, but has its moments.  

Did I miss Larry's motive for being nice to the Irma?  I think I recall a season ago (or this season) he has some city ordinance enforced at his house he wasn't happy with...maybe trying to get it reversed, I wasn't fully paying attention..

I think it goes back to the first episode this season about the ordinance for a fence around his pool.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, remoh said:

He wants it reversed, so he can kick out maria sofia from young larry. 

Can you remind me why he is saddled with her?  I can't remember what the trade off was, but at this point, if it doesn't land Larry in prison, seems like he should just rip the bandage off.  

31 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Can you remind me why he is saddled with her?  I can't remember what the trade off was, but at this point, if it doesn't land Larry in prison, seems like he should just rip the bandage off.  

Guy tried to rob Larry's house and fell in his pool because there was no fence around it. Irma's dad was the robber's brother and threatened to sue Larry ... settlement was Irma in Larry's show.

Guy tried to rob Larry's house and fell in his pool because there was no fence around it. Irma's dad was the robber's brother and threatened to sue Larry ... settlement was Irma in Larry's show.

He’d make more money from a hit show than he’d pay in the settlement. I do love when she uses her sexy voice at inappropriate times.

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Huh? Irma's dad was the brother of the robber...?  You mean Sofia Maria's dad?

On 11/17/2021 at 5:58 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Not a great episode. I think we're stuck with endless cameos for the rest of this season, but I wish it wasn't so.

I am just now catching up.  I thought this was the best episode I've seen in a long time.  The scenes with the klansman and Woody and the scene with the watermelon in the Supermarket were just too great.  Cream shaming? Milk fingers?  Too much. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1

Oh man, those Irma scenes are so cringe, but I love it. The fact that Larry has no clear path to get the fence ordinance repealed is even better. He's in too deep, and has to stick with it, and I feel every bit of repulsiveness he does when he has to do anything for her. That actress is really good for the part.

I have to think this season ends with Larry getting Maria removed somehow, but his show fails, and instead, she goes on to star in a hit comedy and becomes a huge sensation. It would be so Larry for that to happen.

Loved the house guest part, house husband job, and joking during the vow renewal. All good stuff, this season is getting better.

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Oh man, those Irma scenes are so cringe, but I love it. The fact that Larry has no clear path to get the fence ordinance repealed is even better. He's in too deep, and has to stick with it, and I feel every bit of repulsiveness he does when he has to do anything for her. That actress is really good for the part.

I have to think this season ends with Larry getting Maria removed somehow, but his show fails, and instead, she goes on to star in a hit comedy and becomes a huge sensation. It would be so Larry for that to happen.

Loved the house guest part, house husband job, and joking during the vow renewal. All good stuff, this season is getting better.

That's Tracy Ullman if you haven't caught it yet.

8 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
2 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I know the name, but don't know much about her besides trying to take credit for the Simpsons. Looking at her IMDB, I think the most notable thing she's done that I remember,u was playing the ugly girl in Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Very talented comedian, had her own TV show for a few years (can't believe how long ago that was after looking it up).  You can see her talent in her perfectly understated performance as Irma.  I'd guess that most actresses would have played that role over the top, but she elicits disgust with just small gestures and comments.  Her scenes with Larry seem effortless for both.

It was definitely a classic recipe of Curb....lots of great subplots that all tie in somehow in the end. 

Larry using the jew card was good, lol.  He actually came out on top in a situation which is rare.

Great to see Leon's plan backfire in a Larry way in the end.... and also revealing Jeff's burner lol. "You don't have a handsome card"

The early guest thing is great...the awkward / annoying social situations / mannerisms this show keeps coming up with crack me up. Always something that we can relate to or know someone who has done it..love it

14 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
16 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I know the name, but don't know much about her besides trying to take credit for the Simpsons. Looking at her IMDB, I think the most notable thing she's done that I remember,u was playing the ugly girl in Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Tracy Ullman is a comic genius. She had a long running series early on for HBO IIRC. 

According to a source on the show, a camera assistant made a complaint to her department head about Garlin’s use of the word. After the actor found out, he reportedly put his hands around her and kept saying “vagina” in her face over and over again. Overall, Garlin’s go-to jokes that a number of people on the show found offensive were talking about grandma’s vagina, balls and brassier, a co-worker said. Additionally, he would not address some longtime female crew members by name, using instead nicknames that some also considered offensive.

I AM NOT condoning Jeff's alleged actions or minimizing the alleged mental trauma of some of these victims on the set of "The Goldbergs"......and I'm not saying he's above "being cancelled" or whatever we're calling it this month.  But politics aside and whatever comes of this/doesn't come of this...........

If you're telling me you aren't secretly rooting for another a new episode next year where Susie confronts Jeff about what he what was doing while visiting a TV show set, just to hear that verbal tirade she would go on...I won't believe you.  It would be the profanity tirade to end profanity tirades.  Like we'd all have to quit swearing after the episode because she would have brought society to peak insult.  She just goes off on him, he shrugs in defeat, and Larry looks at him like, "So I guess we're not going golfing later?"