Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

I suspect there are people who watch the show and disagree with most of Larry's sentiments.  I am not one of those people.

He’s half right / quarter gray area / quarter very wrong. Overall he’s a bad person, but very entertaining, and would be cool to hang out with occasionally.

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

He’s half right / quarter gray area / quarter very wrong. Overall he’s a bad person, but very entertaining, and would be cool to hang out with occasionally.

This is right. Scones need to fucking moist. Thinking they should be dry makes him one-eighth wrong by that fact alone!!!!!

weatherman.gif

You dont get the show. He’s constantly behaving badly and pays the consequences. Its a morality play. Sometimes he’s vindicated. Sometimes not. Sometimes its a little of both.

He runs into the glass door. Lucy Liu loses desire for him. He gets pissed. Wants to prove himself. Says its unfair. Then when Leon’s girl does the same, Larry admits “you can’t come back from it”.

If you had a co-worker you constantly behaved like that, you’d want to punch him in the face, for being argumentative and bitchy and selfish.

Larry David is writing this show as his Id, a character who puts their worst thoughts out there. A truth teller. And he shows what happens when you do that. Other people also tell you the truth and escalate. Doesnt always go well. Usually is funny.

You dont get the show. He’s constantly behaving badly and pays the consequences. Its a morality play. Sometimes he’s vindicated. Sometimes not. Sometimes its a little of both.

He runs into the glass door. Lucy Liu loses desire for him. He gets pissed. Wants to prove himself. Says its unfair. Then when Leon’s girl does the same, Larry admits “you can’t come back from it”.

If you had a co-worker you constantly behaved like that, you’d want to punch him in the face, for being argumentative and bitchy and selfish.

Larry David is writing this show as his Id, a character who puts their worst thoughts out there. A truth teller. And he shows what happens when you do that. Other people also tell you the truth and escalate. Doesnt always go well. Usually is funny.
You're arguing with a gif.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Agreed.   Last season (season 10) might have been my favorite overall, but this is feeling kind of meh to me so far.   I usually like them more as time goes on, though.  We rewatched all the seasons the last couple of months, and some of the things I remembered being kind of subpar (like season 5 when he thinks he’s adopted) were hilarious to me on the rewatch. 

I also confirmed that I’m far less high brow than I like to believe, as the thing I laughed hardest at in the entire series (besides Greg the Pre-Gay Kid) was Chris Farley’s brother savagely stomping the deaf lady’s rat/dog.

Totally agree about re-watches. My wife and I were watching some of the middle-year seasons that I remember not loving originally but found myself laughing my ass off.

And yeah I know what you mean... I don't know why but the thing I've laughed the hardest at this season was when Larry talked about the Three Stooges and Leon was like, "Yeah that fat motherfucker that gets on the ground and goes in a circle going, 'wooo!!!'".... I fucking lost it and couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes. :D 

I think it was because I couldn't get this out of my head:

homer-spin.gif

The first two episodes haven't been as strong as last season so far, but that's not really a fair comparison because last season was arguably one of the 2 or 3 best.  Still enjoying the hell out of it.

I so loved last season. The ongoing “spite store” storyline was insanely good.
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Least favorite episode in awhile. Please kill the Maria Sofia plot soon - it was OK for first 2 eps.

next episode: the blackmailing padre will ask maria sofia to stop acting as per level4 advice. She wont agree. So he will now ask larry to drop her from the pilot.  But hulu execs wont do pilot withou her. More larry schemes will commence. 

Only 7 more episodes of Maria Sofia schemes to go. Rejoice and cherish every second of it!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, remoh said:

She looks hella old. So does susie. Show’s been going on for 20+ years now. 

They are hella old. Susie is 66 and Cheryl is 56. Cheryl looks good for her age. Definitely a candidate for the 40+ thread. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Decent season so far, not the best, but still entertaining. The Stage 4 cancer wisdom thing was pretty funny, and I think that will come up again a few more times this season. Breakfast tacos are definitely a good idea for a taco shop, taquitos are amazing.

I was initially confused with the Patton Oswalt storyline, but then recalled that he's not playing himself. Every new season I have to remember who is actually their own celebrity personality, and who isn't. Totally forgot about Vince Vaughn being Funkhauser's son. 

Still not sure how I feel about Maria Sophia. She was annoying at first, but after she attacked Cheryl, I kinda like her. With the way this show goes, I expect her to end up as a huge comedy star by the end of it all, but she will hate Larry and accuse him of something awful and tell everyone about it.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, utxmike05 said:

Least favorite episode in awhile. Please kill the Maria Sofia plot soon - it was OK for first 2 eps.

The middle dinner table spot was pretty funny though. 

Agree with you on Maria Sofia. I thought she was funny the first 2 episodes but this one was just too over-the-top

Richard Kind is fine, but he’s on this show way too much.

I did enjoy Patton Oswalt returning to Spence from Queens desperate single man roots. 

Vince Vaughn is excellent in almost everything, but he’s playing his character too straight. What makes Freddy great is that he’s a f***ing weirdo. More buying Larry a sex doll and less hotel management. 

Leon is at his best when the show gets him out of Larry’s house. Smoove is better than occasionally chiming in. Give him more to do. 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, Dutchrudder said:

The diversity of every group of writers he pitches to is pretty funny. It's like they were trying to fit the most minorities possible into 3 seats on a couch.

That's been the funniest subtle part of this season. The Netflix black, fat, handicapped girl was an amazing triple threat.

Second More Leon.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron