Curb Your Enthusiasm: Best scenes, scenarios

Gil Bang

I can't remember the exact line from Seinfeld towards the very end, but Jerry about Janeane Garofalo:

"I can't date myself.  I hate myself."  or "I can't date me.  I hate me."  

I just hope we get one more season.  It's a lot to ask for after 20 years.  But then again, here we all are...

Pos rep.  I know Larry wasn't with the show at that point, but I feel his whole handprint on that entire episode.  

Also, the way Kramer at the end, "Too bad you got engaged..."   reminds me so much of Dean Martin in "Ocean's 11" with Frank & Angie.  

Larry and Cheryl worked so well together for so long because they were so different but Cheryl still accepted his nuances and he loved her for it.  Him dating is just a man alone at sea looking for shit...he don't even know.  

tonight was funny...

but i've been doing a rewatch and also watched The Table Read tonight...

it's my favorite for obvious reasons...the entire Seinfeld script was so PERFECTLY Seinfeld 🤣 i had forgotten George losing all his money he made on the iToilet app bc of Madoff 🤣

...and the same ep where Larry has the little girl stalker who has a pussy rash, so magnificently awkward and borderline inappropriate 🤣

Funkhauser crashing the set 😄 then Michael Richards blowing up at peak Leon and everybody filming it 🤣 just so much greatness!

On 12/27/2021 at 5:27 PM, Gil Bang said:

There's a documentary about Bob Einstein.  Running on HBO tomorrow night.  As I understand it, Seinfeld, Steve Martin, and everybody from CYE take part. 

It was OK. Einstein did his best work on Curb playing off of Larry. 

The Super Dave stuff really isn't my kind of humor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

When I was a kid one of the local UHF channels showed Benny Hill and Bizarre back to back late at night before signing off.  You could occasionally see titties which was pretty amazing for early 80s broadcast TV.  They'd also swear without getting beeped out.  Anyway Super Dave was on Bizarre and I found it funny as hell back then.  Looking forward to the doc.

I've been behind most of this season. I only have the finale left. I don't this season is as good as the last, which I will put up against any other (love the spite store storyline and my favorite coffee mug is a Latte Larry's mug I got off Etsy or something), but it's pretty damn close. Tracey Ullman is killing it as Irma. Her character is hysterical.

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've been behind most of this season. I only have the finale left. I don't this season is as good as the last, which I will put up against any other (love the spite store storyline and my favorite coffee mug is a Latte Larry's mug I got off Etsy or something), but it's pretty damn close. Tracey Ullman is killing it as Irma. Her character is hysterical.

Ha, I love funny mugs from TV shows. I have a Troy and Abed in the Morning mug, and a Dumb Starbucks one. Trying to figure out which Latte Larry's mug I want. here are a few good ones I see. 

I like this one, because it has the 4 pillars of Larry's business model. No Defecators is a pretty good requirement. 16.99:  https://amzn.to/3zxMpq6

61Cg5nm7B5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This one on etsy is pretty good for $15.50, I like the cartoon Larry and the black coloring to contrast the boring white mugs:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/807910851/larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm-latte?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-home_and_living-kitchen_and_dining-drink_and_barware-drinkware-mugs&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn4W6qH1aS1UyGoe5bWfnpwn1vk6ug74LkdJNhHJdJRJp7Z3fgRjfQIaAp1UEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12569673740_119546978357_507439172771_pla-498657395952_c__807910851_129253769&utm_custom2=12569673740&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn4W6qH1aS1UyGoe5bWfnpwn1vk6ug74LkdJNhHJdJRJp7Z3fgRjfQIaAp1UEALw_wcB

Larry David Curb Your Enthusiasm Latte Larry's Hot Cup of Black+White

This one is 13.99 and has both Mocha Joes and Latte Larry's on either side of the same mug. I never liked Mocha Joe, so I don't really want one with his name on it, cause fuck that guy. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/905984115/mug-with-both-mocha-joes-vs-latte-larrys?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-home_and_living-kitchen_and_dining-drink_and_barware-drinkware-mugs&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn6kpFLaNZIm-WUGOcOpPrjrNRhhu9J90sssy1p5X8y-AHT8_29UZWYaAvcsEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12569673740_119546978357_507439172771_pla-498657395952_c__905984115_528430413&utm_custom2=12569673740&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9qOBhC-ARIsAG-rdn6kpFLaNZIm-WUGOcOpPrjrNRhhu9J90sssy1p5X8y-AHT8_29UZWYaAvcsEALw_wcB

Mug with both Mocha Joe's Vs Latte Larry's the   Curb image 1

Now this one is a real gem.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/1001441744/curb-your-enthusiasm-susie-painting?click_key=53cdd17acf9e40377b66681d19ed873c9a5413a4%3A1001441744&click_sum=e5046c15&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=larry+david+mug&ref=sr_gallery-1-5Curb Your Enthusiasm Susie Painting Coffee Cup Latte image 1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I applaud the ingenuity of the creator of that mug.  But it's an anachronism.  I don't drink coffee from anachronisms, could throw off the whole timeline.  

• 3 months later...

Most comedies lose a lot of their humor after 4-8 seasons, but this show just keeps keeping on. The writing is top notch, and they do a great job introducing new characters every season. Season 10 with the spite store coffee shop is one of my favorite seasons of the show. I liked it so much I even bought a Latte Larry's coffee mug complete with a "No Defecating" sign on it. 

• 6 months later...