Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

50 times, the bible expressly points out the hypocrisy of using your faith as a means to gain riches.  My wife's Catholic Church bulletin--- 2+ pages of parishioner commercial advertisements.

1 vague passage in the bible about gay marriage.  Catholic Church:  "Sinners, burn them!"  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

50 times, the bible expressly points out the hypocrisy of using your faith as a means to gain riches.  My wife's Catholic Church bulletin--- 2+ pages of parishioner commercial advertisements.

1 vague passage in the bible about gay marriage.  Catholic Church:  "Sinners, burn them!"  

Not exactly.  I get the hyperbole.  Below is the official Church teaching on how homosexuals should be treated.  Basically, it's hate the sin, but love the sinner.  You likely will not agree that homosexuality is a "disorder" or even a "condition".  That's fair.  But nothing in the catechism suggests a "burn them" attitude.  It's pretty much the opposite of that.  

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 10:34 PM, mulletpelini said:

Janice Dickinson might be the one person who would not fully support Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn 

I was watching an old episode of the Tonight Show earlier, this interview in fact.

where the video starts, he's talking about him and OJ being announcers for the upcoming summer Olympics in Moscow.  So odd.

BBQ is overpriced and a complete gamble. $10.89 chopped beef sandwich this last weekend set me off. I just want lunch not your recipe. "And as long as you can afford to pay that much for a sandwich, here's a dollop of potato salad and cole slaw @$3.95. Each. "

People who tell you about that tiny, dirty, backwoods place by their weekend camp  that is soooo good. Apparently the mark of a world class bbq'er is being poor. And dirty.

Edited by Nolacycling
Buzzies in Kerrville sux

Rod Stewart released the song "Young Turks" in 1981, which you'd probably recognize from the refrain that starts each chorus, "young hearts beat free tonight". In the song, the protagonists are Billy and Patty, who elope; the song's denouement is Patty giving birth to a baby boy. Let's assume the song is set contemporaneously, in about 1980. We don't know Billy's age, but Patty is referred to as being 17.

That means Billy and Patty would be almost 60, and their ten-pound baby boy would be just about to turn 40.

Young hearts beat free indeed.

17 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Rod Stewart released the song "Young Turks" in 1981, which you'd probably recognize from the refrain that starts each chorus, "young hearts beat free tonight". In the song, the protagonists are Billy and Patty, who elope; the song's denouement is Patty giving birth to a baby boy. Let's assume the song is set contemporaneously, in about 1980. We don't know Billy's age, but Patty is referred to as being 17.

That means Billy and Patty would be almost 60, and their ten-pound baby boy would be just about to turn 40.

Young hearts beat free indeed.

I'm sure he thought about that sort of thing when he and Rachel Hunter split up because the age difference simply became too big an issue (you know, the age difference between Rachel and the 17 year old girl he was boinking.)

Apparently a big part of what led to the temperance movement was the domestic violence happening at the same time here in the United States.  Also coincides with a mass onslaught of Italian immigrants at the exact same time.  Coincidence?  Not for me to say.  

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Honest question.

Is it, "Fuck's sake" or "Fuck sakes"?

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fuck's sake. 

This.

Fuck Sakes is what you tell your Japanese friends when you don't want to go out drinking with them.

• Like 1