Bourbon

Jimbaround

6 hours ago, thestud said:

I know my people skills around here leave a lot to be desired, but this is proof positive that I am at least somewhat capable of being liked. My guy came through in a big way

9c698e77d6409efc1efebca058ed75c3.jpg

nice pickup.  dallas definitely has better allocation rights than Houston or dallas.  cant find that shit or old ezra 7 anywhere and you have it out the ass.

1 hour ago, mbpcb said:

This thread is the only reason I didn’t buy the KO Confiscated.

I haven't cracked mine open yet, but I have higher expectations of it than owa.  owa is pretty run of the mill, and like bozo said we pay for rare bourbon, not for good bourbon. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I haven't cracked mine open yet, but I have higher expectations of it than owa.  owa is pretty run of the mill, and like bozo said we pay for rare bourbon, not for good bourbon. 

Blasphemy! You shouldn't speak about Antique like that. It remains the best thing on earth for $25. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Blasphemy! You shouldn't speak about Antique like that. It remains the best thing on earth for $25. 

I don't know man.  i'm a big weller 12 fan, but the other wellers seem like comparing buffalo trace to blantons.  weller 12 is the recipe, and the all others are fillers. 

14 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I don't know man.  i'm a big weller 12 fan, but the other wellers seem like comparing buffalo trace to blantons.  weller 12 is the recipe, and the all others are fillers. 

To each his own. I've always liked Antique better than Weller 12. I'd imagine the Weller Full Proof will be the best of both worlds and impossible to find. 

I bought my first bottle of four roses small batch select tonight.  quite impressed.  it's no Blanton's, but probably worth the $53.  I also picked up a bottle of 8 buck.  cost me about the same price and they seem to be ndp.  not sure what to make of it yet, but tasting it side by side with the four roses, my first impression is that it's $25 overpriced.

10 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I bought my first bottle of four roses small batch select tonight.  quite impressed.  it's no Blanton's, but probably worth the $53.  I also picked up a bottle of 8 buck.  cost me about the same price and they seem to be ndp.  not sure what to make of it yet, but tasting it side by side with the four roses, my first impression is that it's $25 overpriced.

More blasphemy. 

I guess I assumed there were laws against misrepresentation of product to price gouge like if a grocery store tried to sell low grade beef labeled as "prime" it would be against the law. If not then that seems like something that should be regulated against. 

If there were strong laws against misrepresentation and engineered scarcity there would be no liquor industry. Is that what you want?

The ECBP at $14 would be a tasty pour for a good value in any of its releases.

I’m not as crazy about that one as the rest of the Surl is. I posted that I snagged a bottle a couple weeks ago. I’m warming up to it but it’s mostly just hot to me. I’m not scared of the heat but it has to have some flavor. Definitely opens up some with a couple cubes.

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Oak Cabinet experts, did the old man share the age statement on his Old Scout 107 Store Pick? It's not anywhere on the bottle and there's no tag. Barrel No. 7483, I bought it back in January. 

Reddit tells me that it’s a 9 year MGP blended with a 6 year Dickel. Which means they ran out of MGP and had to mix in some Dickel to make enough bottles. Which also explains why the next release (13 year single barrel select) was 100% Dickel. 

• Like 1

My problem is I had never heard of Castle & Key.   Certainly not their non-existent products coming out in two years.  Anyone had the gin or vodka?

848b04c2606d8025ff766520fcdd0724.jpg

Haven’t cracked it open yet, but it was pretty damn good at the distillery.

Aside from the distillate itself, the grounds out there are incredible. Best tour in KY of the ones we visited, IMO.

Staying on Coronado island and decided to see what I could find at the local liquor stores. Shelves are full of bottles I’ve never before seen in the wild. Unfortunately, pricing is closer to secondary market than msrp. They do have bottles of eagle rare for ~30, so that’s where I’ll wind up. 4 grain, birthday bourbon, btac...it’s all there; so close, and yet so far away. 

Couple of shops off of orange avenue.

Park place liquor and deli

1000 Park Pl, Coronado, CA 92118

The other spot is just a few  blocks north of that one next to the rite aid.  

Edited by That Guy
I’m an idiot and can’t figure out how to share the link.

9 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Staying on Coronado island and decided to see what I could find at the local liquor stores. Shelves are full of bottles I’ve never before seen in the wild. Unfortunately, pricing is closer to secondary market than msrp. They do have bottles of eagle rare for ~30, so that’s where I’ll wind up. 4 grain, birthday bourbon, btac...it’s all there; so close, and yet so far away. 

Ok I'll bite.  How much for the 4grain?

550 for 4 grain. 350 for birthday. 170 for Blantons. 200 for Weller 12. 100 for antique. 200 for michters 10. They did have ecbp a118 for 90. 

The rite aid had old forester rye for 25, so we got that going for us. 

Edited by That Guy
More booze