Bourbon

Jimbaround

12 hours ago, deac_tracy said:

Got a couple of goodies today. Ignore the horrible lighting.

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.2a78267f9902c0e0293a65dd7ef3a68d.jpeg

Toasted isn’t really very good.  I traded two away for other bottles after opening one. B520 is supposed to be great, tho.  Crack that and try it with another ECBP if you have one.  I’ve only seen them in co-packs at Twin and I’ll be damned if I’m choking down a White Walker to get a B520. 

14 year + Knob Creek picks are delicious. The r/bourbon guys suggesting all bourbon  is overpriced when  KC picks are $50 aren’t entirely wrong.
Know of a place to get one in Austin?

I have an 11 year sib store TL store pick I love and like to add another with a higher age statement.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Know of a place to get one in Austin?

I have an 11 year sib store TL store pick I love and like to add another with a higher age statement.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I saw three bottles of the Longhorn  pick at Premier Liquor on 18th Street in Houston. I bought two, but I should have bought all three. Special thanks to @Hank Kingsley

I’d ask Austin Shaker if they ever get any old Knob Creek picks in. The place that shall not be named on 183 would be another good option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, USCATX said:

Toasted isn’t really very good.  I traded two away for other bottles after opening one. B520 is supposed to be great, tho.  Crack that and try it with another ECBP if you have one.  I’ve only seen them in co-packs at Twin and I’ll be damned if I’m choking down a White Walker to get a B520. 

Yeah I noticed the toasted reviews online have been more mixed than the B520. I've liked all the EC barrel picks I've tried so I figured might as well pull the trigger.

Edited by deac_tracy

4 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Has anybody had Rare Breed Barrel Proof or Rare Breed Rye Barrel Proof? 

I saw them at the same store I bought the Elijah Craig's and thought about pulling the trigger. Reviews online have been mixed.

Any reviews of Rare Breed Barrel Proof that are mixed are fucking insane. It maybe the best bang for your buck bottle around .

And I love Rare Breed Rye as well. 

Buy both and enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m a much bigger bourbon than rye guy. I have a bottle of ORVW and I think it’s good but not exceptional. 

ORVW is definitely better than Lot B. No argument there. 107 proof Pappy is always good in my book. 

I really liked 2017 Handy, and the release this year is supposed to be the best release yet. 

2017 GTS was good, but not exceptional. I loved 2019, and paid secondary for it. 

I remember 2018 WLW tasted like really good Weller. Nearly flawless, but it didn’t blow me away. My palette has evolved, I’d probably eat glass for another bottle of 2018 WLW now. I wish I saved that one. I opened it up on some random weekend because I forget to drink it. I should have stashed it for a special occasion. 

The best thing I’ve drank this Year was 129 proof Blanton’s STFB from the UK. Holy shit that was an incredible bottle. I opened it the during first weekend in the new house. 
619A70DD-963A-42D6-9720-FB25788B5B6D.thumb.jpeg.da4ce0d2d89d84fb829423ca434012f0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2