Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I witnessed a couple lawyers drink Weller 12 with a ton of ice last night. Straight nightmare fuel. Of course they killed the restaurant's only bottle and I had to drink Blanton's. Thanks a lot assholes. 

They did redeem themselves by ordering a couple bottles of Silver Oak for the table. 

Poor you having to drink Blanton’s.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Thanks. That's what led me to grab it, it seemed like a good deal and the overall reviews seemed fairly positive. Will be breaking it open soon.

Total Wine had a Jefferson's Twin Oak pick probably back in 2018 or 2019 was my favorite double oaked bourbon. It was excellent, but the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is pretty close. 

I haven't had the pleasure of trying Michter's Toasted. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Total Wine had a Jefferson's Twin Oak pick probably back in 2018 or 2019 was my favorite double oaked bourbon. It was excellent, but the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is pretty close. 

I haven't had the pleasure of trying Michter's Toasted. 

I had the Michter's and it was one of the best bourbon's I have ever tasted. It was damn near a "dessert" bourbon. Really sweet with some serious brown sugar tastes.It was pricey but definitely worth it.

7 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Remus Repeal V is dropping. If you find a bottle, grab it.  It’s phenomenal. I found one at Total Wine on Wednesday night on the shelf for $79. 

I celebrate Repeals entire catalog. Want badly. Will have to order online because I live in a shitty control state now. 

Opened it last night.  Lots of berry fruit flavors came through for me.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Thanks. Bought Remus RR IV last year and went thru the bottle pretty quickly so your post was relevant to my interests. Scored a bottle of V this morning. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

What is EHT Warehouse C going for on the secondary market? I've heard some crazy numbers being thrown around. 

Chaos hundred dollars. It’s ridiculous. Saw one recently on a national site posted for 5000 that went for 4000 + Blanton’s Gold + Blanton’s SFTB. Then one went last week locally for like 1800-1900. I personally haven’t seen one actually move for more than that first one, but they’re bound to be out there.

41 minutes ago, H_Boogie said:

Chaos hundred dollars. It’s ridiculous. Saw one recently on a national site posted for 5000 that went for 4000 + Blanton’s Gold + Blanton’s SFTB. Then one went last week locally for like 1800-1900. I personally haven’t seen one actually move for more than that first one, but they’re bound to be out there.

$4k was the number I heard. A buddy with a good palate, but a bad ice habit says it's a slightly better than EHT Single Barrel. 

That is not worth an extra $3930. 

TL end of Summer sale not the same as dollar days, but some decent buys. Picked these 2 up, both hyped bottles I wanted to try. Got the Seagrass for $69, and the Wathens’s for $39.a662c16cfd8274d1d2bb693e10820261.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been eyeballing the Seagrass for awhile now.
Please get back to us with your impressions.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:48 AM, Yev Kassem said:

Remus Repeal V is dropping. If you find a bottle, grab it.  It’s phenomenal. I found one at Total Wine on Wednesday night on the shelf for $79. 

I went to buy this on Friday, and accidentally bought a III that I guess was a leftover

Furk

I’ve been eyeballing the Seagrass for awhile now.
Please get back to us with your impressions.

Seagrass is a definite buy. The Rye shines through, but the flavors from the various barrels it’s aged in definitely show up in a positive way. I also have the Armida, but the Bourbon gets lost in that one and it doesn’t really work as well.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichUT said:

Seagrass is a definite buy. The Rye shines through, but the flavors from the various barrels it’s aged in definitely show up in a positive way. I also have the Armida, but the Bourbon gets lost in that one and it doesn’t really work as well.

How does it compare to Dovetail?