Bourbon

Jimbaround

There’s always a turd or two floating around my shelves that I can’t stand, so to satisfy my sweet tooth I’ll drown it in Coke Zero, but that’s the only time I’ll do it.

And I keep a bottle of BT in my deep freezer in the barn for those hot days when I’m working and need a pick me up. 20 degree BT is some tasty stuff on a 100 degree day

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My father-in-law is looking for a bottle of Wellers Antique 107 if anyone knows a location in SA that has it in stock.

Don't know of anywhere in stock, but it's floating around the secondary for 100-110

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Went into my local store. Owner and I’m assuming a salesman or distributor were talking about inventory problems. Pandemic apparently hurting supplies still. Anyone else seen this?

havent shopped in over a month.  all my shelves are full and i'm starting to keep bottles on the floor.  i decided to burn through a few before i head out again.  i know i'm missing some good releases but oh well. 

• Like 1

What's everybody drinking if/when we join the SEC? My apologies [mention=883]ISUCyclones[/mention] you seem like a good dude. 
I think it's BTAC or Four Rose Limited Edition worthy. 
I'm drinking a whole lot and hoping for a safe landing spot....I'm in sadness stage

On topic: I ran down to Buffalo trace yesterday, grabbed a couple blantons, and said hi to Freddie.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

How? 

If you are asking how this guy is connected it’s like a full time job for him.

Sold his company. Lives in SA. And is out 7 days a week searching and greasing and stalking and all the other ridiculous shit.

He has over 300 bottles.

Open

He would fit right in here and he’s a longhorn.

I’m glad he’s on my side.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ISUCyclones said:

I'm drinking a whole lot and hoping for a safe landing spot....I'm in sadness stage

On topic: I ran down to Buffalo trace yesterday, grabbed a couple blantons, and said hi to Freddie.

I think you guys will land in the Big 10. To be honest, it’s a perfect fit. I can’t see who else they would. Kansas and yall. 

I’m drinking some sweet 1910

I think you guys will land in the Big 10. To be honest, it’s a perfect fit. I can’t see who else they would. Kansas and yall. 

I’m drinking some sweet 1910
I really really hope so but I can't see it.

I did pour a nice Weller full proof pick tonight, so I got that going for me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Forgive my ignorance,  but is there a term for getting bad bottles?  For instance,  over the past few years I occasionally get a bottle that is overloaded with a flavor I can only describe as fresh wood/lumber. Like it hasn't aged.   It's not pleasant,  I can't drink it on the rocks, and am left using it as a mixer.  Any knowledge from the experts is appreciated. 

Reference: I'm a wheater. I'm a Buffalo Trace guy, used to be a big Makers guy, but the above issues creeped in.  I've had this issue w MM and Elijah Craig multiple times.  Never with BT.

2 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Forgive my ignorance,  but is there a term for getting bad bottles?  For instance,  over the past few years I occasionally get a bottle that is overloaded with a flavor I can only describe as fresh wood/lumber. Like it hasn't aged.   It's not pleasant,  I can't drink it on the rocks, and am left using it as a mixer.  Any knowledge from the experts is appreciated. 

Reference: I'm a wheater. I'm a Buffalo Trace guy, used to be a big Makers guy, but the above issues creeped in.  I've had this issue w MM and Elijah Craig multiple times.  Never with BT.

You could have a “tainted” bottle. I believe if you call the distillery and read off some of the info that’s on the laser etching they might confirm if it’s a bad batch or not. I’ve never had to do it, but I’ve heard second-hand that’s a thing. 

• Like 1

Told myself I was done standing in lines. Done. Too much other good stuff I can grab at my convenience. Yet here I am, like I said I wouldn’t, standing 25th in line 40 minutes before opening at High West for today’s release (wife in tow, obviously). Special release Valley Tan finished in white port wine barrels, you better be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk