Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I really like the Kosher Rye Recipe. But I will always prefer high rye over a wheater. 

That’s basically just Kosher Buffalo Trace, right?  I have the wheat recipe that I need to open and try next to W12 and Antique.  

12 minutes ago, USCATX said:

That’s basically just Kosher Buffalo Trace, right?  I have the wheat recipe that I need to open and try next to W12 and Antique.  

It's similar. I semi-blinded Kosher Rye Recipe and Elmer T. Lee and definitely noticed more rye in the Kosher. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Holy fuck.
New liquor store just opened near me.
The wife went today to get some vodka.
She casually tells me she saw some Weller there.
I asked her what color.
She said blue, red, black.
Me 10 minutes later.
48d32fda552f7ba11ac3f6be2025b67a.jpg
289903c2150da8ea8d94ec3807ccc414.jpg

You walk in to meet her and she’s holding onto her $16.99 bottle of Tito’s. “DAMNIT, WOMAN! Save the good stuff.. not the vodka! Oh, and thank you sweetie.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Holy fuck.
I asked her what color.
Me 10 minutes later.
48d32fda552f7ba11ac3f6be2025b67a.jpg
289903c2150da8ea8d94ec3807ccc414.jpg

All I can say is...damn.  

20 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Holy fuck.
I asked her what color.
Me 10 minutes later.

I have a lot of my husband's faves in my phone and just restock for him although sometimes he goes on the weekend if he wants to browse. I made a trip today and picked up his usuals plus a few new ones:

A bottle each of Jefferson, Larceny, Maker's Mark (when I buy it I just get the regular one, sometimes he grabs one of the others), 1792, Bernheim, and Bib & Tucker.

Three new ones to try that I don't think he's had before, I hope he likes them: Smooth Ambler Contradiction, a bottle of something called Smoke Wagon, and a bottle of MB Roland.

He has had the Weller and likes it fine but they were out, he did not like the brand with the armadillo on the bottle and wasn't a fan of Redemption but I think that's because I bought a regular one and not one with the wheat for the secondary grain, and I think he liked a Buffalo(?) one they no longer had but the shelves looked a little picked over like the truck hadn't come in for the day. Although, if everyone was stocking up like I was, it explains the empty spaces. I've never seen the Fitzgerald one but if anyone has any others he should try let me know cause I like to surprise him.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Which one bud? That’s either a low price for the rye or MSRP for Confiscated. 

Both sit on the shelf in Houston. 

Never had Kentucky Owl, but the few liquor stores I frequent it is always behind the glass and always available.  That says something to me, and has dissuaded me from trying it.

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Never had Kentucky Owl, but the few liquor stores I frequent it is always behind the glass and always available.  That says something to me, and has dissuaded me from trying it.

I’ll get set on fire, but I like it. It’s not worth the money, but it’s good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, huge said:

I have batch 2 and I paid $120 for it.  I think it was a mistake on the shelf but I certainly like it for $120.

I haven't had any of the later releases more than once in a restaurant/bar setting.

100% same. I enjoyed batch 1, bought a bottle of batch 2 and really liked it, even at that price point (granted, I'm a sucker for slightly sweeter ryes, so it was right up my alley). Have heard bad things about B3 and beyond from folks that recommended B1 and 2 to me ...

Batch 3 KO Rye is fine, but I’m not running out to buy it at $209.  Maybe if I find it on sale at a twin for $150 or something. I have a Batch 1 open along with a spare so no real need for more.  The batch 9 bourbon is also killer and would probably go for Stagg Jr secondary money of their retail pricing was similar.