Bourbon

Jimbaround

Tonight’s lineup:

‘21 A Smith Bowman
‘21 Warehouse C

The former crushed and it’s not even close. Could not be more disappointed with the Taylor. It was entirely lacking of character.

Can’t speak to the Bowman but 100% agree the Warehouse C was underwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Tonight’s lineup:

‘21 A Smith Bowman
‘21 Warehouse C

The former crushed and it’s not even close. Could not be more disappointed with the Taylor. It was entirely lacking of character.

I mean, you’re in Maryland, so there might be a local bias, but I could see it. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, H_Boogie said:

Can’t speak to the Bowman but 100% agree the Warehouse C was underwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like we’re approaching consensus on Warehouse C.  But don’t get me wrong, if I see one for a grand or less I’ll be buying it to flip into a WLW in about 15 minutes on Facebook. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
On 10/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, billfromlaketravis said:
Side by side tasting the cheap stuff tonight. Early Times BiB currently smoking Ezra 7 Barrel Strength. 

The more i drink Ezra 7, the less i like it. Probably won't buy again after i kill the bottle i have.

Same. I liked my first bottle. Loved the second, and I haven't liked it since. I won't go back to it again. 

• Like 1

Trying to get an idea on how much a 2019 GTS is going for. A friend of a friend called me up last week wanting to buy mine (Got it in 2020) He'd read there wasnt going to be any this year, and was looking. I'm not even sure I want to part with it...

I could be wrong but after that announcement of no gts this year I was thinking National prices jumped up to $1000 or more…

55 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Trying to get an idea on how much a 2019 GTS is going for. A friend of a friend called me up last week wanting to buy mine (Got it in 2020) He'd read there wasnt going to be any this year, and was looking. I'm not even sure I want to part with it...

I believe the 2020 GTS should draw a higher dollar amount than the 2019. 2019 was rather unpopular with Stagg fans because it was the lowest proof in the short history of GTS. I loved it, and I was happy to pay secondary for it. 

I paid $400 cash for the 2019, but that was roughly 12-14 months ago. 

3 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

There were a few stupid transactions (allegedly) at 1000-1200 but it’s falling fast.  He can have mine at 950.  

It’s good, not great. Good enough to be enjoyed neat. It gets way too much hype because it’s a pretty bottle and this people pay 4-5x what it’s actually worth $54-$60.

Nobody is paying 4-5x for it. It’s settled in at 2x, unless it’s a store pick and then it’s going for $150.

1 hour ago, RichUT said:

Nobody is paying 4-5x for it. It’s settled in at 2x, unless it’s a store pick and then it’s going for $150.

the big problem with the secondary market is that nobody sells bottles for 1.5-2x retail.  i can't find blanton's here for $110-$125.  i can find it for $55 or $200+.

5 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

unicorn auctions most recent round (end of sept) had them in the ~$750 range, but that was pre-announcement.  a new round starts sunday, so you could get an idea in a few days.  i haven't opened my 2020 gts yet but planned on it.  $1000+ might change my mind.

6 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

It's going for around 850 secondary right now

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know where you are but I can walk in to just about any store in the DFW besides the 3 big box stores and find Blanton’s for $199 and up.

I phrased things poorly. Surely some stores are price gouging Blanton’s and some idiots are still buying it.

That said, if you have access to FB secondary groups, Blanton’s is $120 on the regular and Blanton’s store picks are $150-ish.

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Stopped off for a back up bottle of Buffalo Trace at the local liquor store and noticed they are selling raffle tix (50.00) each for a shot at a bottle of O.F.C.  I'm now I shoulda bought in.  Probably run by there tmrw and get a ticket or two.  Somebody's gotta win. 

Or the owner of the liquor store collects the raffle money, announces the winner is John Smith, and sells on the secondary market or just takes it home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After a side by side tasting, the High Rye Jim Beam Signature Craft is better  than Rolled Oat. Imagine OGD BiB aged for 11 years. I liked the novelty of Rolled Oat on the first run, but palette and finish is better in High Rye. 

I think the half bottle and brand is scaring people away. Signature Craft just sits on the shelf at all the big box stores. It’s fair value at $40. 

Bottles I like to keep in stock: 

JB Signature Craft 

Jack Daniel’s SiB Rye 

Bowman SiB