Bourbon

Jimbaround

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

PG 2 required an advance ticket, and you had to pick it up at the "distillery" East of Downtown Houston. I haven't seen it at any Houston liquor stores. 

I walked into a release of PG 1 when I was picking up something else, and it went in a hurry. 

PG2 was released around town after the release at the "distillery", similar to the other releases 

Specs gets a lot of bottles, but I got PG2 at Ryan's Liquor 

Was too busy around the time of release to grab the latest 

Still working on my Series 5. Bought into the hype and picked up a bottle. Good but not a fan for the price. Better, cheaper alternatives out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction. Upon further examination - still working on Series 4.

I completely forgot I ordered this L'Encantada Armagnac until Total Wine emailed me this morning and said it was ready to pick up.  
It's a blend of 10 24-36 year old blends finished in ex Weller barrels.   Holy shit there is a lot going on there.  It's freaking amazing.
image.thumb.png.989376c5787a142ea1f365a1098a5928.png

What’s this ordering process? Is this the sort of thing you do through a wine concierge like a buddy of mine uses?

It was through their concierge program.  Link for it was posted in my local FB group a couple of months ago.

Gotcha. I’m sure I saw it in one of my waking up or going to bed scrolls and didn’t process it. I think I end up seeing more posts here based on my notification settings that say “look at me!” because of my OCD that makes me click to clear everything.

My main focus at this point is figuring out when this year’s hazmat JD special release is going to hit and MWND, since I missed the OK release by a day.

• Hook 'Em 1

It was through their concierge program.  Link for it was posted in my local FB group a couple of months ago.

Gotcha. I’m sure I saw it in one of my waking up or going to bed scrolls and didn’t process it. I think I end up seeing more posts here based on my notification settings that say “look at me!” because of my OCD that makes me click to clear everything.

My main focus at this point is figuring out when this year’s hazmat JD special release is going to hit and MWND, since I missed the OK release by a day.

On 11/1/2021 at 2:50 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

PG 2 required an advance ticket, and you had to pick it up at the "distillery" East of Downtown Houston. I haven't seen it at any Houston liquor stores. 

I walked into a release of PG 1 when I was picking up something else, and it went in a hurry. 

PG Batch 2 was sitting behind the counter at Richard's Liquor on Kirby last week. 

On 11/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, BigDHornfan said:

I completely forgot I ordered this L'Encantada Armagnac until Total Wine emailed me this morning and said it was ready to pick up.  
It's a blend of 10 24-36 year old blends finished in ex Weller barrels.   Holy shit there is a lot going on there.  It's freaking amazing.

image.thumb.png.989376c5787a142ea1f365a1098a5928.png

Look at this muhfucka’s bar.

• Haha 2

Is Kentucky Spirit good? I have never had it.

I like it. And my aversion to everything Turkey with the exception of RR SiB is well documented around here. But Rare Breed and KS are very much a bottle I always keep on hand. It’s not one I go to every day, but I’ve never been disappointed when I do go to it.

The Houston Whiskey Social was fun.

Some highlights:

- Eagle Rare 17

- Handy

- 2020 Birthday Bourbon

- Jack 10

- 1960s Four Roses

- 1975 Old Medley

- 1980s Wild Turkey 101

- 1970s IW Harper 

- Pappy 20

- Four Roses LE 2020

- Rebecca Creek 12 Cask Strength 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

So I am a rum drinker and don't know shit about bourbon . Son in law comes over for thanksgiving every year and I usually buy him a bottle. Big bourbon drinker , but not the drunk guy. Looking for a bottle that will be more of a "cool really appreciate it" than a " meh, rolling eyes " bottle 

Past bottles include :

Angels envy

Woodford reserve

Evan Williams single barrel

Gentleman Jacks (yes I know that's a whiskey )

Looking around $50. What does Surly suggest? 

So I am a rum drinker and don't know shit about bourbon . Son in law comes over for thanksgiving every year and I usually buy him a bottle. Big bourbon drinker , but not the drunk guy. Looking for a bottle that will be more of a "cool really appreciate it" than a " meh, rolling eyes " bottle 
Past bottles include :
Angels envy
Woodford reserve

Old Forester 1920
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Past bottles include :

Angels envy

Woodford reserve

Bowman Single Barrel if you can find it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

Past bottles include :

Angels envy

Woodford reserve

Jack Daniel’s single barrel barrel proof

WB Saffell (375ml)

Knob Creek 12

1792 Full Proof barrel pick

Makers FAE 01 or 02

Also second the Bowman Single Barrel

• Hook 'Em 2