So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

anybody done any investing in marijuana, as in stocks? anecdotally it seems the few Canadian pot stocks don't do well/haven't done well over the years. our money guy has said some US tobacco companies are poised to cash in if/when federal decriminalization happens. 

hindsight is 20/20 on everything, shoulda bought apple in the 80s, Ford in 2008, etc....would be fun to get in at the beginning of something like that and i can't help but think it's gonna happen at some point...may have a bit of money to play with in a few months, just wondering if anybody has an insight on anything like that? 

I'd say now is a good time to go long on Altria stock.  When legal weed goes nationwide it's gonna be a bumper crop of tobacco stock dividends...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The people I know who do it say a checked bag is actually the safer option.

Never put it in my checked bag. 

28 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I bet you were puckered up tho.

I don't think it's any big deal coming back from CO with some goodies in your backpack, the TSA folks give zero fucks about that stuff.

Yeah, I've flown a decent amount out of CO with stuff to Texas (even Mexico once) with not a single issue.  Especially with TSA Pre

• Hook 'Em 2

Better be really damn careful bringing any type of edible or oil back to Tx, that one gummy that has 5mg of thc is a weed charge by the weight of the edible. Whole pack of edibles is equal to an intent to distribute amount. And the oils are even more severe.

But generally correct tsa don’t give a shit.

28 minutes ago, bluto said:

Better be really damn careful bringing any type of edible or oil back to Tx, that one gummy that has 5mg of thc is a weed charge by the weight of the edible. Whole pack of edibles is equal to an intent to distribute amount. And the oils are even more severe.

But generally correct tsa don’t give a shit.

Texas is backward and it's really sad.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Texas is backward and it's really sad.

It’s based on racism.  Cities like Ennis, Madisonville, and Huntsville want to arrest darkies and who cares if the upscale suburban / city folks in Austin, Dallas, or Houston want to get high. They enjoy shutting down anything the city folks want, they see it as OWNING THE LIBS.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ve started having migraines later in life so this is interesting to me. Supposed to wrap up in December.

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/pages/2021-05-19-new-high-for-migraine-treatment.aspx

Purely anecdotal and didn’t really think about it until a decade after the fact, but I’ve gotten migraines immediately preceded by scintillating scotoma since I was in 8th grade. Anywhere from two times in a day to a couple years or more between them. Thinking back over the last 20+ years, the time when they were least prevalent was in college when I was regularly smoking weed. 

I haven’t been in a position to test the effect of smoking at the onset of one. 

“As is often the case with cross-sectional, survey-based studies such as these, causality can’t be determined: we can’t say whether the psychedelic use is causing the symptom reduction or, for instance, that people with lower symptoms are for some reason more likely to take psychedelics,” Healy explained. “To more robustly and causally demonstrate the efficacy of therapeutic psychedelic use in naturalistic settings, future studies will need to have a longitudinal design, meaning they will need to do assessments (e.g., of complex trauma symptoms) before the participants use the psychedelic, then follow up with them later to assess what, if anything, has changed or gotten better.”

“Another problem is that the sample of this study was predominantly White,” Healy added. “It’s a longstanding problem in psychedelic science that people of color, especially Black people, are dramatically underrepresented in study samples. More research needs to be done using samples higher in racial and socioeconomic diversity in order to represent the experiences of oppressed and marginalized peoples in our findings.

https://www.psypost.org/2021/09/psychedelics-might-reduce-internalized-shame-and-complex-trauma-symptoms-in-those-with-a-history-of-childhood-abuse-61903

I don't know about you, but if I had the choice of a clinical setting or outside in nature, it's going to be the less formal one.

Set and setting yo.

It’s based on racism.  Cities like Ennis, Madisonville, and Huntsville want to arrest darkies and who cares if the upscale suburban / city folks in Austin, Dallas, or Houston want to get high. They enjoy shutting down anything the city folks want, they see it as OWNING THE LIBS.

It’s not much more complicated than that. It still amazes me how many “conservative” issues are just attempts for the white power structure to hold on to power (and….to what end? Who gives a fuck?)

Help me understand…

My neighbor just told me that she has a medical card her in Texas and with that, she gets gummies with 5 mg THC.

From the Compassionate Use Law, it appears that the list of qualifying conditions has some room for creativity.

What am I missing? Is the THC delta-8? She says that it’s not.

I should know this as a prosecutor, but I haven’t really paid attention since I reduce/dismiss any weed charge that I get assigned to.

2 hours ago, scottsins said:

Help me understand…

My neighbor just told me that she has a medical card her in Texas and with that, she gets gummies with 5 mg THC.

From the Compassionate Use Law, it appears that the list of qualifying conditions has some room for creativity.

I should know this as a prosecutor, but I haven’t really paid attention since I reduce/dismiss any weed charge that I get assigned to.

No it’s medical grade low-THC

It is an outrage that Texas politicians are not heeding the will of citizens on this issue. I want to start the next battle, for God’s sake. Mushrooms. 

Micro-dosing is legit. The studies support claims of benefit.

But, psilocybin isn’t even the mushroom headline. Mushrooms, or really, mycelia, are gonna save the bees. And maybe even us.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

It is an outrage that Texas politicians are not heeding the will of citizens on this issue. I want to start the next battle, for God’s sake. Mushrooms. 

But, psilocybin isn’t even the mushroom headline. Mushrooms, or really, mycelia, are gonna save the bees. And maybe even us.

Texas doesn’t care about what you or anyone thinks on any issue. Look at how they didn’t winterizing our power plants after that ice storm we just had.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, scottsins said:

Help me understand…

Bro, if you don't know I damn sure don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Ever watched Hamilton Morris?

Nerd alert.

Edit: It's an hour and 17. Worth it.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

potential dumb question: could all the major Texas cities pass laws legalizing weed thus effectively making it legal in the state? force the state legislature's hand? I mean, Austin has basically done it with their 4oz limit, but it's still not legal-legal.

Local control is communist and satanic. Guy in a wheelchair out front should have told you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

why the FUCK do democrats not capitalize on the fact this is literally the only truly and completely bipartisan issue??

they are going to FAFO and let the republicans cash in on this one. i'm shocked it wasn't Trump honestly, he's opportunistic enough. 

i mean support is unilateral. dummies.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

why the FUCK do democrats not capitalize on the fact this is literally the only truly and completely bipartisan issue??

they are going to FAFO and let the republicans cash in on this one. i'm shocked it wasn't Trump honestly, he's opportunistic enough. 

***puts bong down***

fuckin-a, man

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm shocked it wasn't Trump honestly, he's opportunistic enough. 

Agree.  Surprised he didn't set up a bunch of Trumpy corporations to rush in and be the first in line to benefit upon federal decriminalization.

2 minutes ago, Matuka said:

Agree.  Surprised he didn't set up a bunch of Trumpy corporations to rush in and be the first in line to benefit upon federal decriminalization.

he's probably one of those that thinks weed is for the bleks and therefore sees keeping it illegal as a way to suppress them. would bet money that's it

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

35 minutes ago, Hate said:

It’s so cute that y’all think politicians do what the people want.

Yea, once Phillip Morris and some of the other big "vice" companies figure out how to crush the little guy, they'll give their bought and paid for representatives and senators the okay to legalize. Then we'll all be stuck with shitty, chemical soaked mass produced weed. 

• Like 2

Because they are more like Republicans than their supporters and haters will admit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Because they are more like Republicans than their supporters and haters will admit.

For all we know it could be in the 3t bill that they haven't read.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Yea, once Phillip Morris and some of the other big "vice" companies figure out how to crush the little guy, they'll give their bought and paid for representatives and senators the okay to legalize. Then we'll all be stuck with shitty, chemical soaked mass produced weed. 

I don't think that WE will, but yeah most will. The thing is that these companies really don't have to restrict access to choices anymore. The consumer will, often enough, choose the big brand regardless of quality. Look at how much shit beer is sold vs craft beer day in and day out. Yes, there are more buying craft beer now, but the macros do juuust fine with nearly 70% of the market. 

I'm optimistic that we'll have a decent market when the time comes.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

>90%???!!! Come on, Joe. This is a political slam dunk. Just decrim and get it over with (and maybe attract some new voters for the next few elections):

You mean like other wildly popular bipartisan issues such as abortion, infrastructure, universal healthcare, and most importantly stricter gun control laws? Those slam dunks that have been pushed through and aren't about to be subverted? Get back to me when elected officials actually represent the views of their electorate.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

looks like D8 is in danger yet again, i know this thread is primarily d9 related but god damn texas fucking sucks

Thank you, Republican voters, for continuing to make Texas a provincial backwater of 30 million people.

Embarrassing.

Edited by David Dennison