2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

Just now, Beau Vine said:
5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:
Lol I knew going with the racist would unfortunately pay off 

Que?

The creighton coach got caught saying something arguably racist. It sounded racist but I think it came out wrong if I had to guess. It was stupid- something about going back to the plantation or something like that. 

I’m not as old as you and have only been following college hoops passionately since about 1985, but in my lifetime gun to my head I probably go K, Pitino, then Izzo- but Calhoun is a good one is forgotten/overlooked. I think he should be in ahead of Izzo. I’d put Pitino above knight I think. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not as old as you and have only been following college hoops passionately since about 1985, but in my lifetime gun to my head I probably go K, Pitino, then Izzo- but Calhoun is a good one is forgotten/overlooked. I think he should be in ahead of Izzo. I’d put Pitino above knight I think. 

Knight is right after Wooden of great coaches, imo.  He probably has 4 titles and back2back undefeated seasons had Scott May not been injured or they'd most likely have beaten UK in '75 Regional Finals(I'll never admit that to a Hoosier).  But given your timeline, I can see putting RP ahead of him.  

And I completely brain farted on Smith(ugh!) would add McQuire, Sutton, JThomp2.  You could throw in Wright in modern time, 2 titles is nothing to sneeze at, Cal for how he builds his teams, although cocksucker needs to go coach the Liberty. 

Edited by Underdog

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And this is why I said Bama by 15 or so. They just have the chance to put a 10-0 on anyone in the country in the blink of an eye, and I don’t see a 15 seed as the kind of team to avoid that happening, but really fun game. 

Am I crazy thinking I’d rather bama than Iona in the sweet 16. Petino vs Shaka would be a problem 

Edit: well guess it doesn’t matter now

Edited by Fletch

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Knight is right after Wooden of great coaches, imo.  He probably has 4 titles and back2back undefeated seasons had Scott May not been injured or they'd most likely have beaten UK in '75 Regional Finals(I'll never admit that to a Hoosier).  But given your timeline, I can see putting RP ahead of him.  

And I completely brain farted on Smith(ugh!) would add McQuire, Sutton, JThomp2.  You could throw in Wright in modern time, 2 titles is nothing to sneeze at, Cal for how he builds his teams, although cocksucker needs to go coach the Liberty. 

Where does Roy fit? 9 FF's, 3 titles. 

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

This tournament is far more entertaining than anything in college football. The college football playoffs are as boring as watching golf because they're so predictable and the games are ridiculously long. 

Well FBS does not actually have a playoff system. They have a jerk off 3 games that does not even represent even close to all the conferences. March Madness is definitely much better. Imagine if college basketball went to the FBS system and we get 4 teams they tell us are the best and it lasts a few days.

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

One Tarheel is enough for me.  But yeah, another brain fart.  He belongs.

LOL, Just wondering. Roy's my 2nd favorite coach after Dean.  I think he gets overlooked at times because he's had some crazy tourney losses. According to WIKI, he's had 10 2nd round losses. Seems high for a guy who has coached at 2 established blue bloods. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

6920809538c16ca9a9909be63fc7ab01.jpg

Above is what happens when I tell my wife- I just want to lay on the couch all day and watch college basketball. 
the fire department is now here because that trail leads to a huge bonfire of logs. 

If she is anything like the women in my family, those logs have been out there for over a year. But today they just had to be burned.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If she is anything like the women in my family, those logs have been out there for over a year. But today they just had to be burned.

Ha. No. We cleared the land a week ago. Just got back from spring break where I drove home from Santa Fe for 14 straight hours and I told her- setting alarm for 10:55 and not leaving couch. Don’t count on me for anything.  Then I get a call with here yelling come quick- I’m going to burn down the whole neighborhood. Worked at it for about 30 minutes with the shovel before seeing the pile on fire and giving up and consenting to calling fire department as I wasn’t going to be able to get in there or move them while they were burning. She’s a really great woman. I know she didn’t mean to do this, not even in a passive aggressive way, but sometimes they just cannot help themselves. 
will likely be able to parlay that into call your shot sex tonight as she will feel bad. So, that’s an upside I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will take Pitino over Smith and Williams. When Pitino had a blue blood he had an awesome stretch. Then won again at Louisville. Plus what he did at smaller piss ant schools. 
Smith didn’t win enough titles for me to consider him an all time great tournament coach.  

Best to my recollection, Rick is 0-2 vs Dean in the NCAAT.  Not sure if he's ever matched up with Roy in it.   And a lot of Dean's pros/cons of his tournament resume was when you had to win your conference to even get in it and when you did, had to deal with that school out West who was kicking everyone's ass.  Pretty much the rest of the country was Oakland, Miami, Dallas, Houston having to deal with the Steelers in their heyday. 

Could be correlated but no evidence this is the cause.  Regardless, the NCAA probably should have done a 2-week bubble first. And apparently Ayers isn’t doing well health wise.  He’s actually the 1 official I thought would be missed out of that group of 6 that got sent home.  

9 minutes ago, SDG said:

If you already bet on Oregon do you win or push?   

It was ruled no contest...I think that means you get your money back in Vegas, on either team.  Now, how will it be handled in brackets?  Oregon advances but you get no points for them in round 1 is what I would guess.

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread