Washington DC Carjacking Teenage Girls

cabowabo

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Hopefully she got her phone back.  

CNN said it was an “accident”

Old enough to remember when a teenager smiling at an Indian drew way more coverage and outrage.........

I’m gonna disagree with cnn here.   Girls have to have some responsibility here

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Shame you aren’t allowed to defend yourself some places.  

You wanna give 16 and 17 year old girls guns to keep in their cars in big cities?  Dynamite idea.  

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Shame you aren’t allowed to defend yourself some places.  

cue South Africa

WBKC1wCxRCGI2AMxr3nfxg?w=1200&h=675&fm=w

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_(flamethrower)

The Blaster (also called the "BMW Flamethrower") was a 1998 invention by South African inventor Charl Fourie designed to provide a defence against carjackings.

The invention came in response to the increasingly severe violent crime situation in South Africa, which in 1998 had already made the country (particularly Johannesburg) the per capita murder, assault, rape and carjacking capital of the world.[1] The Blaster was a liquefied petroleum gas flamethrower installed along the sides of the vehicle under the doors. Should a group of carjackers suddenly attack the vehicle while it is stopped in traffic (the typical scenario), the occupant could flip a switch and direct 5 metre plumes of flame upward into the facial area of anyone trying to enter the vehicle through the doors or windows. Fourie claims it is unlikely to kill but would "definitely blind" the assailant. In South Africa, it is legal to use lethal force in self-defence if in fear of one's life, and ownership of flamethrowers is unrestricted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I’m so sick of this “I’m happy/sad about a crime because it fits/doesn’t fit my narrative”. People on the right whine about Muslims and immigrants from shithole countries coming and then fake cry when one of them gets killed by black criminals. People on the left turn a blind eye to this shit because it doesn’t fit the narrative they want to push. All the while no one actually cares about this man that was murdered. 

Worst of all, I don’t really care too much either. It’s sad but people get murdered everyday. 

He's not wrong you know.

I'm confused by this thread and why it is a rallying point for some unknown political cause. The girls assaulted a guy and appears are guilty of felony murder. What is the law in DC on trying juveniles as adults? I think in Texas the juvenile has to be at least 14. 

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm confused by this thread and why it is a rallying point for some unknown political cause. The girls assaulted a guy and appears are guilty of felony murder. What is the law in DC on trying juveniles as adults? I think in Texas the juvenile has to be at least 14. 

I don't think anyone is politicizing this. But people are pretending that other people are politicizing it. 

• Like 1

The police said the carjacking lead to an accident, it’s not only on CNN’s website as some sort of bias.  Here’s their statement:

https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/arrests-made-homicide-and-armed-carjacking-taser-offense-1200-block-van-street-southeast

“The Detectives’ investigation on the scene revealed that the suspects assaulted the victim with a taser while carjacking the victim which resulted in a motor vehicle accident.”

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

The police said the carjacking lead to an accident, it’s not only on CNN’s website as some sort of bias.  Here’s their statement:

https://mpdc.dc.gov/release/arrests-made-homicide-and-armed-carjacking-taser-offense-1200-block-van-street-southeast

“The Detectives’ investigation on the scene revealed that the suspects assaulted the victim with a taser while carjacking the victim which resulted in a motor vehicle accident.”

It's why felony murder is likely a better fit than other types of murder. 

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Nobody else finds it sad that our society has degenerated to point where trying to capture a video to post on social media is more important that trying to help your fellow human

agreed.  At that moment dude need help, not for someone to document his death for posterity's sake.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Nobody else finds it sad that our society has degenerated to point where trying to capture a video to post on social media is more important that trying to help your fellow human

The party filming was actively identifying the carjackers so they could be apprehended amidst the commotion . You should prob watch the video again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah, I want to get tazed, as they seem to not care about human life. I'll just stand by and get their faces from afar.

1 hour ago, staboner said:

not sure wtf is wrong in this thread though.

There is an obvious political undercurrent in this thread and everyone is pretending that there isn't one. It's a little fucking weird because this place is full of grown ass men and the behavior is juvenile. Just say what you think and stand by it. The internet isn't going to break if you are upfront with your opinions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

There is an obvious political undercurrent in this thread and everyone is pretending that there isn't one. It's a little fucking weird because this place is full of grown ass men and the behavior is juvenile. Just say what you think and stand by it. The internet isn't going to break if you are upfront with your opinions.

uh...surly right?  I usually attribute those type of posts to being an accident.

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Generally, I do not think it is helpful when we try to nationalize small, local events. Each time something happens in some town does not necessarily speak to our national identity, history, culture, politics, etc. That's exponentially exacerbated by a garbage media that sees no value in checking facts, seeking context, or verifying information.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, F250 said:

If there's one thing (actually 3 things) Surly is known for, it's decorum, discretion, and tolerance.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Generally, I do not think it is helpful when we try to nationalize small, local events. Each time something happens in some town does not necessarily speak to our national identity, history, culture, politics, etc. That's exponentially exacerbated by a garbage media that sees no value in checking facts, seeking context, or verifying information.

Is there something in particular about the reporting of this event that triggers those feelings? I just don't understand why this particular event has engendered this response. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m so sick of this “I’m happy/sad about a crime because it fits/doesn’t fit my narrative”. People on the right whine about Muslims and immigrants from shithole countries coming and then fake cry when one of them gets killed by black criminals. People on the left turn a blind eye to this shit because it doesn’t fit the narrative they want to push. All the while no one actually cares about this man that was murdered. 

Worst of all, I don’t really care too much either. It’s sad but people get murdered everyday. 

Your little #bothsides post looks cute on the surface, but it’s a perfect example of what the media in this country is doing to further tear us apart. Think about how one-sided your choice of words are for the left vs. right. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Yep. That’s why it was posted in the DT forum. It’s a political post hiding in DT so they don’t really have to address it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Is there something in particular about the reporting of this event that triggers those feelings? I just don't understand why this particular event has engendered this response. 

I was not speaking specifically about this event; my point was more general but in the in context of the discussion around whether this even was or was not being politicized and by whom.

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. That’s why it was posted in the DT forum. It’s a political post hiding in DT so they don’t really have to address it. 

Figured you’d still be trying to find a carjacking in Vermont to show us it’s not a DC issue. I mean you have North Dakota and Wyoming covered. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/03/28/local-police-investigating-a-homicide/

Maybe I should start a new thread on violence in Corsicana and pretend I’m not making a political statement.

Maybe you should start that thread, because I'd be curious to know just what political statement you think you'd be making with this story.

• Like 1

It must be exhausting being a nihilist

16 hours ago, 3adays said:

Your little #bothsides post looks cute on the surface, but it’s a perfect example of what the media in this country is doing to further tear us apart. Think about how one-sided your choice of words are for the left vs. right. 

The fact that that was your takeaway kind of proves my point. It wasn’t a liberal poster that started this thread, a liberal poster wouldn’t ever start a thread like this because the story hurts their evil white man worldview. Same reason cabowabo or Johnny sack would’ve never started this thread or posted in it if it was whites that did this.

I’d argue the thread itself wasn’t really political until Johnny’s white teen/Indian post. That incident had nothing to do with this story and he brought it up anyway.