2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It still boggles my mind that Alvarez is either incapable of or just doesn't want to play 1B. He should be the heir apparent to Gurriel. Having to suffer through 70+ Taylor Jones PAs should light a fire under the organization's ass to get this man on board with moving to 1B.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Damn that is two hard hits (Yordan and Aledmys) off the top of the wall today that probably missed by a foot combined. Instead of one or more being HRs, they were both doubles.

I am a "blind" Astros fan. I listen to all the games but watch none. I feel like it gives me a bit of detachment from seeing the games.... The impression I am getting is we are in a jinxed run of missing shit by inches continually -- doubles down the line foul by a hair, tough calls on pitches on the corners, just missing the second out on DPs, doubles hitting off the top of the wall instead of clearing it, and line drives hit right at fielders with guys on base. This shit evens out over time and we will be okay.

This is just a cruel joke to have 2 off days in a 4 day stretch, and to have to sit in the stench of losing to the Twins and seeing the A's/Yanks/Blue Jays coming up so fast in our rearview mirror.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs b/c it can't beat the little sisters of the poor that aren't even really trying to win I think I'm going to lose my mind. 

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is just a cruel joke to have 2 off days in a 4 day stretch, and to have to sit in the stench of losing to the Twins and seeing the A's/Yanks/Blue Jays coming up so fast in our rearview mirror.

2 days off in a 4 day stretch, the week after we were forced to play a game the night after landing at 9am is some bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

2 days off in a 4 day stretch, the week after we were forced to play a game the night after landing at 9am is some bullshit.

Yep.  It really is so stupid.  Also the 2 days off in 4 days in SF and LA.  Grrrr.   Especially when both us and the dodgers had Monday off. We could have gone Friday-Wednesday like normal and then had Slursday off for travel.  Fuck Bud Selig. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Me. 
baseball player slumps, news at 9:00. Look at the follow up tweet right below you. He’s a top 10 player. That’s the going rate. Those guys are rare. Pay him accordingly. 

He’s a nice player but top 10 overall? What are you smoking?

Edited by TonyTexas

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Dusty sits his best players when they are healthy when we are already down 2 starters.

That’s some of it but not all. Also we seem to okay like shit. Also we are a little snake bit. If you look at the run differential we should be doing better. Had some rough losses.