2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

To the casual observer, it's brutal.

To every baseball writer who gets paid to travel and see all these big playoff games and hobnob with players and team personnel on the lush green fields, it's even worse than that. They all seem to hate their jobs.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

No, who wants to see a pitcher hit?

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ford: fans heading for exits

sparks: probably a dead Battery right about now too

These guys are fantastic.

35 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Now those Atlanta collars get just a bit tighter. Two long days for them to stew on what might have been but wasn't. 

32 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

After that grand slam, every single person in that stadium thought they were gonna see a celebration tonight.
The mental mind fuck that follows that, combined with the knowledge that this team blew a 3-1 lead last year, and there’s gonna be some puckering in Houston.

Atlanta fans, more than anyone, should know that it's not over until it's over. Especially when up 3-1.

30 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I had a friend from Georgie message me for the first time in the world series after the grand slam saying it was over. I told them they jinxed it and they did!

Given Atlanta's history regarding blowing big leads (see above), your friend is a special kind of stupid.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Thought I would post this there in case any of you want to send Maton a wedding gift.  I may get him a blender. 
https://www.zola.com/wedding/katelynnandphillip

I just want to know if the wedding was originally scheduled for October and then on/around July 31st re-scheduled for November…

36 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Get new friends

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Given Atlanta's history regarding blowing big leads (see above), your friend is a special kind of stupid.

They don't even watch baseball and did it more to mess with me. I did bring up 28-3 right away to piss them off. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I loved the different approach today.  Each guy who got on told the next guy just to keep it going, and so they rallied instead of trying to kill the ball.

Get Yordan a hit or two (and out of LF), and then we will be rolling.

If Yordan can lay off and stop chasing the off speed pitches vs lefties he’ll get some hits in game 6

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

They don't even watch baseball and did it more to mess with me. I did bring up 28-3 right away to piss them off. 

I have a frenemy who is the Helobious of Georgia. Grew up in Savannah but is a Yankees fan and not via family connections. Every year he comes chirping on my Facebook page about the cheating Astros and when I set him straight, he goes away in a huff saying it's impossible to argue with someone who won't just, I don't know....renounce the Astros? Delete my social media accounts in shame?

And of course he just ignores me when I ask him what's up with the sealed letter and remind him how Carlos Beltran taught us how to cheat the Yankee Way. That's when he takes his ball and goes home....and then when things look bad for the Astros he pops back up again, but somehow he managed not to tonight. He must have been in jail or the ER because there is no way in hell this dude could have resisted taunting me after the grand slam...

PS: Before they moved to LA, when this guy would invite my wife and me to dinner at his house, he would say "would you two like to come dine with us?"

Yes, "dine."

And he says his favorite sport is "Fußball." Not soccer, or futbol, or football with a tiresome lecture about how soccer is not its real name. Fuckin "Fußball."

No, just as he is not from New York, neither is he German. I think he just likes the German national team because it's part of his front-running nature.

The sonofabitch can cook his ass off, though, and he has this supersexy little Indian wife who is way, way out of his league. (For those of you wondering why I put up with this douche.)

45 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I have a frenemy who is the Helobious of Georgia. Grew up in Savannah but is a Yankees fan and not via family connections. Every year he comes chirping on my Facebook page about the cheating Astros and when I set him straight, he goes away in a huff saying it's impossible to argue with someone who won't just, I don't know....renounce the Astros? Delete my social media accounts in shame?

And of course he just ignores me when I ask him what's up with the sealed letter and remind him how Carlos Beltran taught us how to cheat the Yankee Way. That's when he takes his ball and goes home....and then when things look bad for the Astros he pops back up again, but somehow he managed not to tonight. He must have been in jail or the ER because there is no way in hell this dude could have resisted taunting me after the grand slam...

PS: Before they moved to LA, when this guy would invite my wife and me to dinner at his house, he would say "would you two like to come dine with us?"

Yes, "dine."

And he says his favorite sport is "Fußball." Not soccer, or futbol, or football with a tiresome lecture about how soccer is not its real name. Fuckin "Fußball."

No, just as he is not from New York, neither is he German. I think he just likes the German national team because it's part of his front-running nature.

The sonofabitch can cook his ass off, though, and he has this supersexy little Indian wife who is way, way out of his league. (For those of you wondering why I put up with this douche.)

need pics of sexy wife

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Turns out he was traveling. I knew there had to be some compelling reason he didn't come dance on our grave. (His track record with predictions is Helobious level too.)

Game 6 ticket prices are dropping while Game 7 definitely went up over the last 12 hours. I assume that many Astro fans don't want to "waste" their money on seeing us even up the series and only want to see an Astro WS celebration.

buying Game 7 tix on StubHub would seem to offer little downside except for a credit card temp charge.  When the Astros win Game 6, I imagine there will be a mad rush to buy Game 7. You could probably buy the tickets today and resell Wed for a profit. 

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

buying Game 7 tix on StubHub would seem to offer little downside except for a credit card temp charge.  When the Astros win Game 6, I imagine there will be a mad rush to buy Game 7. You could probably buy the tickets today and resell Wed for a profit. 

Maybe still true but the time for that was after the first inning yesterday.

good luck covering ~50% in fees/taxes on both sides of that transaction.