Planet Houston

Just now, Scraps said:
10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have been there for 13 of them

not sure ill be able top watching him drop that dagger in the yankees 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

not sure ill be able top watching him drop that dagger in the yankees 

Joe Buck seems more invested in this series.   Let's give Tuve a shot at it...

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Have to think every Astros fan is more interested in a potential game 7 than dropping a few hundred dollars on a game that, at best, can result in forcing another game. 

Well I for one hope we can at least have the place half full tonight...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Have to think every Astros fan is more interested in a potential game 7 than dropping a few hundred dollars on a game that, at best, can result in forcing another game. 

Right

same thing happened in LA in 2017.

reverse happened in Houston in ‘19 (game 6 tickets were ridiculous and bottom fell out the day of game 7 because everyone shot their load the day before).

15 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yep, I sold my SROs yesterday on tickpick over face value because I couldn't justify the expense of a non-clinching game plus the added expenses of parking, pre-game meal, getting drunk at the ballpark, and a hotel room overnight just to hopefully extend the series to gm 7.  If they had just won gm 4..... 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

A few pairs available now on astros.com for tonight in 105-107.  $849 each before fees.

Looks like a few in the 400s level too.

i see a couple in 107 but they are ADA restricted. Dumb question amnesty: how does that work exactly? what prevents one from buying those tickets and using those "seats"? ushers?

If your seat is in the 100s and have an ADA seat, you're in the last "row". You will have the SRO crowd about 5-10 people deep directly behind you. You'll hear from them about your supposed handicap especially as the alcohol hits them.

I could be wrong but aren't some of the ADA seats just a spot for your wheelchair and a chair for a friend?

41 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

i see a couple in 107 but they are ADA restricted. Dumb question amnesty: how does that work exactly? what prevents one from buying those tickets and using those "seats"? ushers?

Your conscience

Edited by UTexasFight
…as if anyone on surly has one of those
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If your seat is in the 100s and have an ADA seat, you're in the last "row". You will have the SRO crowd about 5-10 people deep directly behind you. You'll hear from them about your supposed handicap especially as the alcohol hits them.

I could be wrong but aren't some of the ADA seats just a spot for your wheelchair and a chair for a friend?

Yep.

all of this.

although for game 7 in LA in ‘17 no one was giving the clearly fully abled folks in front of our SRO spot any shit… but they looked pretty rough and I think it was unspoken that no one wanted to become disabled by them in the parking lot afterwards

for game 7 in ‘19, Allie LaForce (Joe Smith’s wife) and her parents (or in-laws) were using the ADA spot in front of me (with wheelchair…but even if they didn’t have that, all they would have needed was Joe to come and sit and everyone would have completely understood)

Edited by UTexasFight

14 minutes ago, YChang said:

How y'all feeling? Nervous? Excited? Stoic about whatever happens—happens?

Great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Braves have the Astros at the brink of elimination despite scoring 18 runs to the Astros 20. 

The Astros have scored exactly two runs off homers, both solo shots from Altuve.

The Braves have scored 12 runs off homers. 

Stop giving up HRs and we probably have a pretty good chance of winning tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1