2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, YChang said:

How y'all feeling? Nervous? Excited? Stoic about whatever happens—happens?

Saddle up, fellas. This is where legends are made. 

I'm actually pretty mellow. Of course, had 2017 never happened, I'd be staring down from a high, precarious ledge. Don't get me wrong, though...I'm still eager to see this franchise truly validate its place in history with another title. I realize it won't convert the haters, but in a historical context, these Astros' achievements will become that much harder to downplay.  

Regardless of the outcome, I take solace in knowing this series was the absolute worst-case scenario for the MLB brass. In that sense, it's already been a lot of fun to watch. And if we're indeed going to fall short, I'd much rather it be to Atlanta than LA. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Oops. I am all hopped up on coffee and nervousness/excitement. Need to start drinking to take the edge off. 

nah i'm just using you to fuck with TT, he gave me shit recently for posting a lineup tweet within one minute of his post that was the same tweet

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

nah i'm just using you to fuck with TT, he gave me shit recently for posting a lineup tweet within one minute of his post that was the same tweet

What’s wrong with a little shit talking amongst friends?  We are on the same page on most things Astros. 

Edited by TonyTexas

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

am i the only one happy about freeman's move to 3?

every time we clear the pitcher i start worrying about freeman.

Name your poison, I suppose. If we keep serving Soler fastballs on the inner half, we'll certainly boost the chances of Freeman then batting with the bases empty. 

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

The Braves have the Astros at the brink of elimination despite scoring 18 runs to the Astros 20. 

The Astros have scored exactly two runs off homers, both solo shots from Altuve.

The Braves have scored 12 runs off homers. 

Stop giving up HRs and we probably have a pretty good chance of winning tonight.

I think we're due to hit 4 tonight and 5 tomorrow

Just want to point out that Fried's previous career-high for IP (inc. post-season) was 169.  He's now at 187 IP plus however many tonight.  And he's been shelled in his previous two starts.

So, he may have hit the wall.  Or his confidence may be dented after the last two outings.  Or both.

Conclusion: train gonna move tonight.

Choo, choo, motherfuckers...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1