2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Astros have 33 games remaining, 14 of which are against losing teams--- 7 vs ANA, 4 vs TEX, 3 vs ARI. The remaining games are against Oakland, Tampa, San Diego and Seattle.

The Astros have to finish 22-11 to get to100 wins.

Do you think they do it?

I honestly DGAF about season win totals.  Get the Division and then more pennants.  That's shit that matters.

Yesterday our heroes put a 1/2 game on the A's and a full game on the M's.  That's how I look at at right now.

Edited by slorch

Is there a rule that a team can only have one set-up guy?

I think the reporter was correct to ask the question.  I also feel Dusty's response was proper.  Baker is not my favorite manager ever, but damn...

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Astros have 33 games remaining, 14 of which are against losing teams--- 7 vs ANA, 4 vs TEX, 3 vs ARI. The remaining games are against Oakland, Tampa, San Diego and Seattle.

Do you think they do it?

Seattle technically I guess is a winning team, but they actually suck. Run differential out front should have told you. Inland is out bitch as well, so really, it’s not like we couldn’t do it, but... I think if we needed to go 22-11 to get to the playoffs we would. Because we don’t I expect us to coast once it’s pretty clear we have this locked up and end the year with 97 wins or something like that. 
which sucks because before the year I was on here predicting 100 and us being a great team again while everyone else was high 80’s and low 90’s. This is a great team. Still. That mess last year just didn’t count/wasn’t a real baseball season. We saw what was up in the playoffs when everyone kind of woke up and got over the sleep walking earlier in the year. 

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Do you think they do it?

31 remaining, need to go 22-9.  Currently 78-53.

Probably come up just short especially when we clinch with a week left.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

"They say the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat,” Baker said. “Well, I’m still trying to figure out why the thrill of victory is never as satisfying as the agony of defeat.”

“I admire them. Especially Altuve and Correa, because they get the brunt of it. And [Alex] Bregman when he’s here. They’re great players,” Baker said before pausing and considering for a second. “This job was a gift from God, really.”

roto bringing the lulz...

BRAD PEACOCKSP, BOSTON RED SOX

Brad Peacock will start Tuesday's game against the Rays. 

Peacock was just acquired from the Indians on Monday and the Red Sox are throwing him right into the fire. The 33-year-old had an ugly 7.68 ERA with a 38/14 K/BB ratio over 34 innings in Triple-A this year. It's likely to be a bullpen game. Peacock isn't a fantasy option, but it's a great place to watch your favorite TV shows, live sports, and much more. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

1) they are afraid to pitch graveman up in Seattle because he’s still pining away for them and has a broken heart 

2) Dusty Baker is as big a moron as most of us tend to believe, especially as it comes to bullpen usage. 

No way No. 1 is true. These guys are professionals. Graveman is a professional.  He'll go today or tomorrow.

I think almost all of Dusty's decisions have been within the realm.  Sometimes players don't execute; other shit happens. Not every failure, bullpen or otherwise, goes back to a manager's decision.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

No way No. 1 is true. These guys are professionals. Graveman is a professional.  He'll go today or tomorrow.

I think almost all of Dusty's decisions have been within the realm.  Sometimes players don't execute; other shit happens. Not every failure, bullpen or otherwise, goes back to a manager's decision.

# 1 was sarcasm. 
#2 in well aware. That’s why I don’t second guess decisions or care what the results were. Stanek struck out the side. It was still the wrong decision to bring him in. This the complaint. Graveman blew a game last week. It was the right time to bring him in. No complaints. Process not results. 

• Like 1