2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

watching greinke tonight makes me even more sure that the key to this season is someone like jose urquidy.  we know we don't have a true dominant ace.  a lot of teams don't.  but we can get by if we have a bunch of 2's and 3's.  if we have a bunch of 3's and 5's, we in trouble.

guys like odorizzi, urquidy, javier - they're going to tell the story.  not worried about our bats, our bullpen, or our top 2 starters.  i'm not saying they're perfect, but i feel like i know what to expect.  i know what we have there.

I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m reasonably convinced we have 7 or 8 guys that are 2’s and 3’sn(if you consider that to basically be someone who is somewhere between the 20th and 70th best starters in baseball. 
If one of those guys turns out to be a 5 we have options to replace them. 
I think Uriquidy, for example, is more likely to get a cy young VOTE than he is to suck/be terrible. 

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

fucking kalas.  god dammit.

Ha, in fairness though he didn't have the advantage of seeing it from the stadium broadcast booth. We all thought the same thing I bet. I sure did because it looked like a bomb off the bat, he just hit it to the deepest part of the stadium. 

I love watching that man hit. If he stays healthy he has Pujols potential. 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Ha, in fairness though he didn't have the advantage of seeing it from the stadium broadcast booth. We all thought the same thing I bet. I sure did because it looked like a bomb off the bat, he just hit it to the deepest part of the stadium. 

I love watching that man hit. If he stays healthy he has Pujols potential. 

my favorite non-hit hit of the night was tucker's that pinder made the play on.  i'm getting really excited about tucker.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does anybody have a stream for the Astros games? 

is r/mlbstreams no more? I assume so. Try bilasport.net tonight, you can probably find a link there. I'm using MLB.tv with Express VPN and had no problems last night.

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Does anybody have a stream for the Astros games? 

Does AT&T SportsNet have an app on any of the streaming players? Roku, fire, etc

I have Roku but don’t see anything. I have a login through uverse to stream AT&T SportsNet but don’t want to have to mirror my phone to my TV to see the games on TV

46 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why did they intentionally hit yordan last night ?

13 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Oh fuck off bitch. You get punked in your first career appearance and try to get some cred in the locker room by plunking Yordan. Just shows you’re a bitch. 

Guy gives up back to back homers on his first two career batters, ends his first career appearance by throwing a tantrum. 

Edited by Planet Houston