DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

They are not trying to enter legally.  The political asylum horseshit is a lie and everyone knows it.

The whole situation is coy as fuck by the left.

Why all the sudden did the burning desire to come to America ignite with such an evil and sinister person running the country?

You know why...

Why does this not apply to personnel of the  US government?   We enter other countries illegally all the time. Seems only fair others do the same here. 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS LEGAL jesus fucking christ.

even if it were NOT legal, we should STILL treat them with compassion.

we don't have to be evil. we are abusing these people on purpose.

these are fucking human beings!

D-bVdKZXsAA4wjd.jpg

THIS IS NOT NECESSARY. can you admit we can do better? 

brown people in cages. how can we do better than that?

/slorch

Just now, slorch said:

They are not trying to enter legally.  The political asylum horseshit is a lie and everyone knows it.

Why all the sudden did the burning desire to come to America ignite with such an evil and sinister person running the country?

You know why...

Wrong, wrong, wrong.   Their effort to legally enter at a port of entry, as provided for by federal stature, is wholly independent from the merits of that claim.   

Just now, Fozzz said:

Why does this not apply to personnel of the  US government?   We enter other countries illegally all the time. Seems only fair others do the same here. 

Our folks aren't exactly crying about the alleged abuse they face, nor do they ignore that they chose to put themselves in that position of their own free will.

Next?

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.   Their effort to legally enter at a port of entry, as provided for by federal stature, is wholly independent from the merits of that claim.   

so wrong.

I know.

everything is absolutely on the up and up.

No borders.  Ever.

Edited by slorch

Send them home...that is compassionate, no?  or to your house.  You are soooooooooo elite in your compassion.

you aren't capable of admitting that we are being cruel to these people on purpose. 

it's amazing to behold.

you clearly hate these people. why? because they want to live and work in the united states? what an awful desire.  

how did we get to this point? because people like you simply don't want to show these other human beings any compassion. 

we can send them home after we process their asylum claim if they do not qualify.

in the interim, i think we can do better than locking them in cages. it doesn't have to be the ritz, but we can provide some fucking facilities. it's not that difficult.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Thousands and thousands of people living in horrid circumstances to which we contributed. They pick up everything their family has (probably a couple of shirts/pants) and make a dangerous and arduous journey to come here to contribute and make a life for themselves. They could make our country even stronger. 

And we shit on all of them.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

you aren't capable of admitting that we are being cruel to these people on purpose. 

it's amazing to behold.

you clearly hate these people. why? because they want to live and work in the united states? what an awful desire.  

how did we get to this point? because people like you simply don't want to show these other human beings any compassion. 

we can send them home after we process their asylum claim if they do not qualify.

in the interim, i think we can do better than locking them in cages. it doesn't have to be the ritz, but we can provide some fucking facilities. it's not that difficult.

Or simply ask them to show up to court- which overwhelmingly they do

so wrong.

I know.

The legal process they are trying to invoke exists precisely to decide whether their claim is legitimate.   If you don't like the law under which they are LEGALLY seeking entry, you need to change the law.   Supporting the physical blockade preventing them from exercising their legal rights puts you on the wrong side of the law, not them. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 3

Just now, slorch said:

Our folks aren't exactly crying about the alleged abuse they face, nor do they ignore that they chose to put themselves in that position of their own free will.

Next?

I don’t think the pilot who bombed Syria the other day had to face any consequences. Seems only fair that he or she should be forced to drink from the shitter. 

Just now, hayden_horn said:

it's amazing to behold.

No we are not being cruel to them on purpose.

They are being used as a political punishment for the current administration.

If we were rounding them up and forcing them into America, you might have a point.

Just now, retread said:

Thousands and thousands of people living in horrid circumstances to which we contributed. They pick up everything their family has (probably a couple of shirts/pants) and make a dangerous and arduous journey to come here to contribute and make a life for themselves. They could make our country even stronger. 

We shit on them because they are non-white.

That's the sad fact of this whole immigration debate.

We are cruel because white cruelty is a feature of America.

1 minute ago, retread said:

Nope.

just follow the laws.

As has been posted many times, Obama's Family Case Management System had great success in managing immigrants and having them return for their court dates. Of course, Cheeto shut it down b/c brown people and brown people in the WH.

Edited by retread

Just now, Captainant said:

Yall getting slorch'd hard. 

meh.

Just getting a nice helping of shame, guilt, and hatred for America.

What's not to like?

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

You know why...

It’s a lie to say they aren’t trying to enter legally. But you’re a liar so...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

so wrong.

I know.

No borders.  Ever.

Your inability to even address the most basic premise of your argument (that they aren’t attempting to enter legally) shows that you are completely full of shit

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

You know why...

Why allow jury trials? Shouldn't we just convict everyone accused of a crime since 90% of the time they are guilty anyway? The whole situation is coy as hell. Or, you know, not, because of this thing called due process. You know, one of those things guaranteed by the constitution. Maybe that doesn't matter to you, but as a real American, it does to me.  

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS LEGAL jesus fucking christ.

even if it were NOT legal, we should STILL treat them with compassion.

we don't have to be evil. we are abusing these people on purpose.

these are fucking human beings!

I think this is the disconnect b/t you and slorch.  Only one of you views these people as having equal humanity to yourselves.  It would appear that the first step in the condoning of torture and other human rights abuses has been successfully implemented - that being the dehumanization of the 'others'.  

Hypothetically, if say, Louisiana closed its borders, started detaining all Texans who tried to cross, and treated them the way our govt is treating the migrants, I bet slorch would be condemning the absence of compassion and human decency similar to that which is occurring at the border.

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yall getting slorch'd hard. 

no, we are getting insight into how a trump supporter thinks and rationalizes. it's really incredible. slorch is the 40%. this is how they think.

look at how this started.

i asked a simple question: should we treat other human beings with compassion?

it really is a simple question, but it makes the trump supporter/current-day republican uncomfortable, because somewhere in what remains in the shell of their heart, there is actually a remnant of humanity. so that discomfort manifests as anger. i mean, it costs slorch nothing to say that we should treat other human beings with compassion, but he knows the follow up is "why aren't we?" so he moves to deflect to make it about the law, even though these people haven't broken a law.

it's the first rationalization.

starting to realize that's a losing one and having to face the small bit of humanity in that heart, and he can't bear that, not now, he moves onto to somehow blame the "left" with his "it's a coy move by the left." somehow, the left has organized and infiltrated central american countries rife with crime, gangs, extortion, drugs, and abuse, and convinced these frightened and desperate central americans to seek asylum in the us. it's the left.

that's the second rationalization. 

and it always comes back to this for the modern day republican and trump supporter.

then he must realize how fucking ridiculous that sounds, and he returns to the law question, now not caring if he is right or wrong. these people are here wrongfully, and therefore they somehow DESERVE to be treated like animals, because they are common criminals and tools and pawns of THE LEFT, instead of tools and pawns of the fucking administration who orchestrated this whole tragedy AS A PUNITIVE DETERRENT for seeking asylum. so he manages in his head to not take any responsibility for the terrible conditions, make it not about trump's decision to enact this shameful policy, thus assuaging that small bit of humanity. shrug, it can't be helped. they broke the laws, and besides, it was the left anyways. 

so he gets to delude himself while at he same time STICK IT TO THE LIBS. 

abusing other human beings to show the libs. 

and that's what it all about people. 

very illustrative, @slorch 

thanks for the insight in how the 40% engage in self-delusion and rationalization of evil. 

• Like 8

no, we are getting insight into how a trump supporter thinks and rationalizes. it's really incredible. slorch is the 40%. this is how they think.
it really is a simple question, but it makes the trump supporter/current-day republican uncomfortable, because somewhere in what remains in the shell of their heart, there is actually a remnant of humanity. so that discomfort manifests as anger. i mean, it costs slorch nothing to say that we should treat other human beings with compassion, but he knows the follow up is "why aren't we?" so he moves to deflect to make it about the law, even though these people haven't broken a law.
starting to realize that's a losing one and having to face the small bit of humanity in that heart, and he can't bear that, not now, he moves onto to somehow blame the "left" with his "it's a coy move by the left." somehow, the left has organized and infiltrated central american countries rife with crime, gangs, extortion, drugs, and abuse, and convinced these frightened and desperate central americans to seek asylum in the us. it's the left.
and it always comes back to this for the modern day republican and trump supporter.
then he must realize how fucking ridiculous that sounds, and he returns to the law question, now not caring if he is right or wrong. these people are here wrongfully, and therefore they somehow DESERVE to be treated like animals, because they are common criminals and tools and pawns of THE LEFT, instead of tools and pawns of the fucking administration who orchestrated this whole tragedy AS A PUNITIVE DETERRENT for seeking asylum. so he manages in his head to not take any responsibility for the terrible conditions, make it not about trump's decision to enact this shameful policy, thus assuaging that small bit of humanity. shrug, it can't be helped. they broke the laws, and besides, it was the left anyways. 
very illustrative, [mention=354]slorch[/mention] 
thanks for the insight in how the 40% engage in self-delusion and rationalization of evil. 

And some people think these people are reachable by appealing to their emotions and better angels!

When they cannot acknowledge objective facts (these people are seeking asylum legally) and refuse to admit anything their side does is wrong (separating families and locking babies in concentration camps) they are simply unreachable.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Compassion is only achieved by taking the world in our borders and crippling our own nation?

You ignore what their own parents have done to their kids, but all of the responsibility is on our side...the evil United States.

Negged for cowardly obfuscation of a simple question about how to deal with people. You continually present false dichotomies and dishonestly reframe the words of others to bend them to your pedestrian debate style.

Crossing a border isn't breaking into a house. Humane treatment of detainees is not opening the borders to everyone. How scummy to use these inane tactics to defend such a vile policy.

You seem to prize your outrage. Embracing shamelessness and partisan identity surely makes that easier. 

I don't think I've ever addressed you before. I won't waste my time doing it again. I hope there is poetic justice in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for cowardly obfuscation of a simple question about how to deal with people. You continually present false dichotomies and dishonestly reframe the words of others to bend them to your pedestrian debate style.

Crossing a border isn't breaking into a house. Humane treatment of detainees is not opening the borders to everyone. How scummy to use these inane tactics to defend such a vile policy.

You seem to prize your outrage. Embracing shamelessness and partisan identity surely makes that easier. 

I don't think I've ever addressed you before. I won't waste my time doing it again. I hope there is poetic justice in the world.

It is absolutely breaking into someone else’s property.

I’m not outraged.  I just get a kick out of the misrepresentation on this board and in the media of what is actually happening...

and then there’s the moral high road.   Lolz.  Yeah... because I want people to abide by our borders doesn’t make me cruel or unjust.  Sorry... it just doesn’t. We don’t owe the world a living.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I’m not outraged.  I just get a kick out of the misrepresentation on this board and in the media of what is actually happening...

and then there’s the moral high road.   Lolz.  Yeah... because I want people to abide by our borders doesn’t make me cruel or unjust.  Sorry... it just doesn’t. We don’t owe the world a living.

No, we don't owe it to them, we owe it to ourselves. We've set a standard for ourselves. That standard is due process. They are entitled to it under the law. We've promised to give it. There is no principled or legal justification for ignoring it here and not elsewhere. Again, why go through jury trials when we know the accused are guilty the vast majority of the time?

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

It isn’t. You’re fucking stupid.

Whats misrepresented?

You are advocating violating our asylum laws. They are following a legal process.

You’re also a gigantic pussy.

33 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

very illustrative, @slorch 

Rationalization 2 is one of the most salient points I think.  Everything is the fault of the left.  Everything.  The 40% have had this beaten into them for 30+ years.  That's how they can support the dotard even when he clearly says 2+2=5 and completely shits on them.  "It's the Dems' fault!"

They’re turning our good nature against us and abusing the asylum process. They know they’ll be turned down because of their bullshit claim, but they’ll pop out a couple kids and voila, more dreamers for the libs to protect. I can’t believe you guys fall for this nonsense. 

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

They’re turning our good nature against us and abusing the asylum process. They know they’ll be turned down because of their bullshit claim, but they’ll pop out a couple kids and voila, more dreamers for the libs to protect. I can’t believe you guys fall for this nonsense. 

How would you know that they are “bullshit claims?” Because Fox News and the trump administration said so?

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Those kids wouldn’t be dreamers. They would be American citizens 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

They’re turning our good nature against us and abusing the asylum process. 

Exactly. Guys like me and my guy Crispy (white American men) are the real victims, not these little brown criminals who abuse our amazing generosity. I mean just look at these people: 

D-bVdKZXsAA4wjd?format=jpg&name=900x900

They are the obviously the abusers in this scenario and the victims are me and my main bro Crispy, a white guy in a polo shirt and khakis who lives in Cypress and works at the Verizon store. Crispy and me don't pay barely anything in taxes so that money can be funneled into the pockets of people like this, who are only trying to get into this country to destroy Crispy and his family (ex-wife and 2 kids that he gets to see on alternating federal holiday weekends). When I see pictures of these people I am just terrified because I know they are here to get me: 

D-cDmjtX4AE4sR2.jpg:large

Thank Jesus Crispy and I have a big strong man in the White House who will stop these animals from abusing us any more. 

• Like 1