DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

38 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Born and raised in Wisconsin, served in Army Reserves, went to "Liberty" University, moved to Texas, and became an asshole cop.

1. Another interloping carpetbagger embarrassing the State of Texas.
  2. Another Gopper, who should understand the meaning of liberty, working against it.
  • Hook 'Em 7

13 hours ago, bolverk said:

Born and raised in Wisconsin, served in Army Reserves, went to "Liberty" University, moved to Texas, and became an asshole cop.

1. Another interloping carpetbagger embarrassing the State of Texas.
  2. Another Gopper, who should understand the meaning of liberty, working against it.

#grifter 

50 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is fucked up. It's going to be open season on Americans with brown skin in Texas.

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/03/1222600892/u-s-citizens-have-been-accidentally-caught-up-in-the-texas-crackdown-on-migrants

No no no. I learned in this thread that the problem is letting more brown people in cuz we can’t count them or something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This is fucked up. It's going to be open season on Americans with brown skin in Texas.

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/03/1222600892/u-s-citizens-have-been-accidentally-caught-up-in-the-texas-crackdown-on-migrants

It's entirely predictable, and I can only hope the blowback at the ballot box is swift and fierce.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That story is so fucking insane. Boxing the car in, unmarked cars, getting out in tac gear with rifles pointed. Think about how many people in Texas keep a gun in their car. They are just looking for any reason to shoot some browns

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

laughcry.gif.213585bfad230f02ebcd3cde3af0fc39.gif

Sadly, you're right. Operating under the assumption that Hispanics will vote for their own self-interest is probably as silly as expecting the same from blue-collar Boomer Anglos.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

A cop has a stroke while using excessive force to arrest a farm worker that doesn’t understand english or spanish. The cop dies at the hospital and the 18yo is charged for murdering a cop 

“ Two other deputies arrived to assist in taking the 5-foot-4, 115-pound teen to the ground as Kunovich repeatedly stunned him with his taser, all seen on body-worn camera video.”

It takes three officers and a taser to handle a 115lb teenager?

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is all political theatre with the R’s driving the false narrative … 

They should be asked this at every opportunity.  They have no solution because they want no solution.  It is purely point and blame Dems.  But they should still be asked in every interview, every debate (lol), every town hall, everywhere.  Make them own it.

Edit:  Well, their ACTUAL solution is to stop ALL immigration immediately and not let ANYONE in again.  At least of the brown persuasion.  This is what they and their voters would actually prefer.  But they know they can't actually say that.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yep.

Biden isn't doing anything is a stupid narrative that only stupid people believe. The guy deployed $$ to build walls at the border a few months ago, for goodness sakes, to which he got zero credit or acknowledgement from republicans and minimal blowback from progressives. Biden has tried to work the border issues, he's not been the absentee landlord that gqp want to paint him to be on immigration.

45 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Yep.

Biden isn't doing anything is a stupid narrative that only stupid people believe. The guy deployed $$ to build walls at the border a few months ago, for goodness sakes, to which he got zero credit or acknowledgement from republicans and minimal blowback from progressives. Biden has tried to work the border issues, he's not been the absentee landlord that gqp want to paint him to be on immigration.

Considering how many stupid people we have in this country, I think it’s a working narrative

• Hook 'Em 1

Individual GOP members: “the border crisis is the most important thing ever. It is so terrible!”

House GOP 2024: “first things first…let’s impeach Hunter Biden. I heard he has a giant dong and that threatens/excites me”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BeardIP said:

The guy deployed $$ to build walls at the border a few months ago, for goodness sakes, to which he got zero credit or acknowledgement from republicans and minimal blowback from progressives.

I emailed the White House and yelled about it on the internet. Not a whole lot else I can do. What?  Email/call my congressmen?  Lulz. I live in Texas. 

Edited by Biff Tannen

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I emailed the White House and yelled about it on the internet. Not a whole lot else I can do. What?  Email/call my congressmen?  Lulz. I live in Texas. 

Well it is the off season. Roadtrip? Take @Brisketexan

I will come along as a translator.

Baby Food, Blow Torches and beer. Might as well cut a Longhorn into that fucking wall.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’m almost 100% certain that in 6 months I’ll be posting a tweet that says Biden built more miles of new wall than Trump.

maybe since he government seems competent and he knows we will pay for it, not Mexico.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:31 AM, StassneyHorn said:

I’m almost 100% certain that in 6 months I’ll be posting a tweet that says Biden built more miles of new wall than Trump.

I am also 100% certain.

And, despite pretending the wall being built is the most important thing ever, nobody with an R next to their name or who vote R will give Biden credit for being the one to do it, but he will take a pretty big blow back from progressives and anyone who things there should be no borders, etc.

Edited by BeardIP

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Happy Feeling Good GIF

Sane people: "Huh.  So....just what we said all along -- walls are only as effective as your ability to back them up with manpower all along the wall.  Meaning that a hundreds of mile long wall in the middle of ass-nowhere isn't going to do shit but be a futile and expensive gesture."

MAGAs: "This proves we need to build even MORE wall!  BUILD THE WALL!  BUILD THE WALL!"

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sane people: "Huh.  So....just what we said all along -- walls are only as effective as your ability to back them up with manpower all along the wall.  Meaning that a hundreds of mile long wall in the middle of ass-nowhere isn't going to do shit but be a futile and expensive gesture."

MAGAs: "This proves we need to build even MORE wall!  BUILD THE WALL!  BUILD THE WALL!"

Funny how that Biden’s most pressing political pressure points seemingly revolve around walls on borders not working without some to patrol it.

Israel is bombing Gaza into the Stone Age after Hamas ransacked, raked, and pillaged Israeli villages on the other side of their wall AND we have a wall that does jack shit to keep people out.

Biden must really hate Pink Floyd.

I think you'll start to see real movement on this issue when it's clear that federal bailouts for social services in Democratic cities and states are needed. Eventually that will get wrapped up into some kind of omnibus spending bill. 

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

biden fails on the border and immigration for goddamn sure

Well, how about we look at immigration and border issues from January 2021 to present, and compare the population-adjusted numbers and impacts to those of prior administrations/years/decades.  When you do, you see that we don't actually have much of an OBJECTIVE crisis.  Ignore the noise and shrieking from the nativist crowd who has revived the "great replacement theory" bullshit.

Generally, our immigration issues are no worse -- but also no better -- than they have been for the past 30+ years.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

every POTUS and Congress for the last 45 years has failed border and immigration, for goddamn sure

Yep.  Want to know the last one of those to even make a run at intelligent, effective immigration policy action?  Good old W.  But alas, he was a few years too later -- by his time, the nativist trend on the right had taken control, and the democratic opposition to everything W thought or did trumped any objective consideration of policy.

We've always had cross-border immigration of brown people, generally to find work.

We've always had a broad spectrum of asylum seekers or similar types fleeing persecution, failed states, desperate circumstances, etc.  We've had nativist stupidity reactions multiple times....

32af1833-f667-4a30-b85a-4df1c5df98e9_tex

....and it's been utterly stupid each and every time.

Fuck the Chinese.

Irish need not apply.

Those dirty jews bring their communism.

Damned mexicans will bring us a taco truck on every corner.

Every fucking time, we've been dead-wrong.  Yet, we keep playing the stupidity hits, because

3gwdow.png  

Simple measures to manage, control, and monitor immigration are there for the taking.  Again, we don't even need to reinvent the wheel -- we can just dust off various programs and mechanisms we've used in the past and update them (will be even easier now with technology and interconnectivity).  But as we all know, 0% of the current conversation is about the actual issue of immigration.  It is entirely about setting political fires and fanning the flames, using good old fashioned demonization as an (effective) political tool.  It's effective because it works.  As demonstrated by people on this very thread who THINK they're smart, but are just being sheep led down the same old nativist path like their idiotic forebearers were.  ANTI-CHINESE LEAGUE!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2