2018 NBA Offseason Thread -- News, Free Agency, Trades, Etc

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, CBT said:

With Lebron on the floor, Lonzo being off the ball hurts the floor spacing on offense. There aren't many people you could replace him with that would make it worse. Rondo is one. 

Am I forgetting somebody,  or would ball and rondo be the best point guards Lebron has played with?  Wade i guess counts. 

15 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

I'm firmly in the Jordan GOAT camp, buuuut, if they don't land another superstar, or that superstar is lane clogger Boogie, and Lebron can drag this dumpster fire to the Finals, I'm ready to eat crow like a mofo.

There is absolutely no chance this Lakers roster is getting to the finals over the Warriors. 

19 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

I'm firmly in the Jordan GOAT camp, buuuut, if they don't land another superstar, or that superstar is lane clogger Boogie, and Lebron can drag this dumpster fire to the Finals, I'm ready to eat crow like a mofo.

I do find it fascinating how many low IQ guys--or guys with high IQ that are just nut cases--find their way to LeBron's teams. I'm thinking that he really, really likes the "carrying his team on his own" narrative.....and just maybe he likes the built in "well, of course he lost, look at his teammates" excuse as well.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, Surlybastard said:

I think the Lakers f/o is lining up to do at least one major trade this summer. Deng/Lonzo package for cap room, maybe sign Cousins and still make a play for Kawhi with Ingram and Kuzma and if it falls through they will still have cap room for Kawhi next summer.

I think same thing.. They are gonna package all the expiring contracts with a young stud for a guy with 2/3 years left on contract so a team can free up the books and get a young talent at same time. 

Either that or they are a dumpster fire in the making. 

This Lakers team feels like a Lebron team but without the other two stars.  Vets with “something to prove” on short term contracts...  waiting for the big trade for an established star.

This team will be fun as hell....can’t win anything as currently constructed but fun as hell...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

if GS is like half a billion $$ over the cap, i'm sure the Lakers can afford all the luxury tax. 

That's not how it works. You can't just decide to go over and sign whomever. You can go over to sign your own guys.

Active players who've made All-NBA 1st team, by current conf.:

West
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Stephen Curry
Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
DeAndre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Derrick Rose

East
Joakim Noah

TBD
Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade

3 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

great get for new orleans.  wonder if it means the end of boogie though?

Yep..... lonzo for boogie or 3 way trade???  Randle for Rondo basically thus far?  Major win for the Cans...

fuck, Randle at 9 per is robbery....

Edited by Patrick Bateman