Gronk catches football dropped from 600' helicopter, guy who drops the ball gives a hook 'em

Hornius Emeritus

I have to admit that is kind of funny and even more so because it was Gronk (that I am a fan of because he is damn good and does funny shit and has a lot of fun in life)

but the real question is did someone have to explain terminal velocity to Gronk or did they just tell him "Gronk go catch ball"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have searched high and low for the terminal velocity of a football hurtling toward the earth but can't find it. How fast do y'all think that football is falling when he catches it?
From 600 feet? Of course it depends on the rpms of the toss, the fewer rpms then slower.

I'd say 80ish watching it.

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I have searched high and low for the terminal velocity of a football hurtling toward the earth but can't find it. How fast do y'all think that football is falling when he catches it?

perfect spiral strait down 229 ft/s or so? I guess that's 150 mph, friggin fast. looked like he tossed it at an angle sort of, so probably like 90 mph. 

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/termv.html

http://users.df.uba.ar/sgil/physics_paper_doc/papers_phys/fluids/drag_football.pdf

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Pretty great.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He’s a complete meat head but I have to admit that was pretty cool

Gronk is like a hairless caveman, but there is something really endearing about his "Gronk...catch ball!" ass that just cracks me up and puts a smile on my face that is difficult to get rid of.

It would be pretty awesome to be that dumb and happy. (And all of that money wouldn't hurt either... nor would the insane babe girlfriend.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Gronk is like a hairless caveman, but there is something really endearing about his "Gronk...catch ball!" ass that just cracks me up and puts a smile on my face that is difficult to get rid of.

It would be pretty awesome to be that dumb and happy. (And all of that money wouldn't hurt either... nor would the insane babe girlfriend.)

I have heard from people who know him and are familiar that he is extremely smart and shrewd compared to his public image.

Not that it's just a big act, just that he emphasizes certain aspects of his personality because that's really who he is and who people want to see.... he's not a dumb jock all the way through. 

Regardless of the image, that was a cool video.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I have heard from people who know him and are familiar that he is extremely smart and shrewd compared to his public image.

Not that it's just a big act, just that he emphasizes certain aspects of his personality because that's really who he is and who people want to see.... he's not a dumb jock all the way through. 

Regardless of the image, that was a cool video.  

I know that he's rumored to have saved/invested all of his actual salary each year (after taxes, agents...) and only spent endorsement money from his playing days.

That is very smart.

Plus, I don't think that he could even buy a drink or pay for a meal in all of New England for many many years and probably now in the great Tampa area.

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

He’s a complete meat head but I have to admit that was pretty cool

There are a lot of idiots, buffoons and "meatheads" in the NFL.   Gronkowski is far from that.  

He's a kid in a man's body and lives life to the fullest.  But he's smarter than the vast, vast majority of professional athletes. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/rob-gronkowski-retires-patriots-nfl-money-advice-2019-3

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I know that he's rumored to have saved/invested all of his actual salary each year (after taxes, agents...) and only spent endorsement money from his playing days.

That is very smart.

Plus, I don't think that he could even buy a drink or pay for a meal in all of New England for many many years and probably now in the great Tampa area.

He’s highly invested into the CBD market I heard 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:41 AM, General Specific said:

Was it an African or European football?

Dude, posting a clever reference = surly.  Following it up with a video clip of the source = aggy/Captain Obvious (or General Specific in this case)/Ben Rothlisberger.  Don't be that guy.  Post your clever quip and trust that your Surly brethren will understand and appreciate it.  Sure, some won't, but that's the part of the fun. 

Dude, posting a clever reference = surly.  Following it up with a video clip of the source = aggy/Captain Obvious (or General Specific in this case)/Ben Rothlisberger.  Don't be that guy.  Post your clever quip and trust that your Surly brethren will understand and appreciate it.  Sure, some won't, but that's the part of the fun. 

• 2 years later...