Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, LCHorn said:

He sounds like a good kid but I think we could spend the same money more effectively (how about $50k to four lineman and $100k to Denver Harris).  

It sounds like A&M considers himself the missing piece; also in an arms race we may need to exhaust them before they quit the fight.  

aggy will celebrate this and put it on the wall.  those doofs are all about propaganda.  They won't utilize him properly and maybe, as more knowledgeable people here have opined, he will portal out in short order.  But they know he would kick all kinds of ass here, and preventing that is no doubt a maroon fever dream.  C'est la vie.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

There’s a group out there who claimed to have Stewart taken care of a couple of months ago. Every time I asked about this group I was told Stewart was just playing the game and they would likely need more $$$ to land him if another school upped the bid for him. That was before A&M really got involved. Then it turned into we wouldn’t lose him to A&M over money.

The guy telling me all this was likely involved, this isn’t something he would lie about. Now he’s saying the rumors of the $$$ a&m put together are undershooting the amount. I asked him if the door was closed for sure, and he said we will remain in contact until he signs but doesn’t think the $$$ is there to match the offer. I asked him why they don’t just say fuck it and put that money towards the OL NIL stuff and do some good, but he thinks the money will be used to bag elsewhere. 

The reality is cash is king for these top prospects. I just don’t see it going away. I think that’s hopeful thinking and ignores the emotional impact these cash offers make on the receiving parties. 

I read this in the voice of Christopher Moltisanti

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

The best part is you do a good job of proving me right every single time. This is a stupid person's response. Now I'll ignore you moving forward because you're screwing up yet another thread.

Please don't. This is solid entertainment. I'm setting the O/U for posts until he tells you his dad can beat up your dad at 3.5.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting