Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

giphy.gif

Everyone is *so excited* when they hear about a silent, then they trend away and wHaT hApPeNeD?! Then we get to endure a few pages of your sandy, football board vaginas dragging over our faces. So, excuse me for seeking to mitigate the pitfalls of your collective ignorance.Ā 

And, to be fair, I'm not talking about you (despite your insistence on abiding by the "trust the corches" fallacy). It's the lemmings.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

No chance either of those were true, no offense.Ā  Stevens just turned IU down, I don't think he'll come here.

The first one was definitely true. Or at least rumored to be true. Two different people I knowĀ with pretty good connections were saying he was gone. Those same 2 people are even more adamant that heā€™s gone now.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Everyone is *so excited* when they hear about a silent, then they trend away and wHaT hApPeNeD?! Then we get to endure a few pages of your sandy, football board vaginas dragging over our faces. So, excuse me for seeking to mitigate the pitfalls of your collective ignorance.Ā 

And, to be fair, I'm not talking about you (despite your insistence on abiding by the "trust the corches" fallacy). It's the lemmings.

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on June OVs

Ā  Hide contents

Inside Texas has learned Texas has scheduled a big time official visit weekend June 18-20.

The list of prospects expected to visit Texas June 18-20:
Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
Denver Harris, North Shore
Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
Kristopher Ross, North Shore
Armani Winfield, Lewisville

Ā 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on June OVs

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Inside Texas has learned Texas has scheduled a big time official visit weekend June 18-20.

Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo

Ā 

Jaydon Blue and Tavorus Jones as wellĀ  based on Twitter.

Edited by Strat

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on June OVs

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Strat said:

Jaydon Blue and Tavorus Jones as wellĀ  based on Twitter.

Ā 

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

WR Shazz Preston, (St. James (LA)) will OV the weekend of June 4-6.

giphy.gifĀ 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

OK, list is updating so quickly I'm going to repost:

Spoiler

June 4-6 has official visitors scheduled:

WR Shazz Preston, St. James (LA)
DE/EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High

June 11-13

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra
RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Davis
RB Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burgess
WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville
OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek
DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore
DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond
LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (CA)
LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin
DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
CB Denver Harris, North Shore
CB Terrance Brooks, John Paul II

June 24-26 is also a date Texas is scheduling official visits.
LB Ish Harris, Pilot Point
CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial

Ā 

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on June OVs

Ā  Hide contents

QB Malik Murphy, Junipero Serra
DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
DB Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo
CB Denver Harris, North Shore
CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
DB Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (LA)
DL Kristopher Ross, North Shore
WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville
RB Tavorus Jones, El Paso Burgess

Ā 

maya rudolph snl GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Huh?Ā  Am I the only who thinks Swanson is in no way similar to Ross?Ā  Ross is an interior guy and Swanson looks like what PK wants at OLB/DE.Ā  Maybe they think Swanson puts on a lot of weight to eventually play on the interior, but he looks pretty good on the edge on film IMO.

Zac Swanson from Brophy Prep in Phoenix has some similarities to Ross, but given the compositeĀ of traits (mainly size and quickness) he could easily fit in the class too. Weā€™re watching to seeĀ if Swanson makes a summer official visit. As weā€™ve maintained since he was offered, Texas can get himĀ but youĀ doĀ wonder if his similarity to Ross hurts his chances.

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

Mike at Night: Texas scheduling official visitors for summer

Spoiler

I mentioned earlier in the week that Texas was falling behind other schools in setting up summer official visits. That changed tonight as the Longhorns sent out a flurry of invites and multiple prospects tweeted their visit dates. Here is an initial list of who we have on those dates with some quick thoughts.

ā€”The most frequent question Iā€™ve seen has to do with elite wide receiver Evan Stewart. The former Texas commit is slated to visit Austin June 11th for an official trip but will be a week ahead of the big group anticipated June 18-20. I could probably make an argument both ways why that is either good or bad for Texas. On one hand, having him with the rest of the guys including a large group of commits could be a big boon in their favor, but on the other hand, Evan is a different type of kid who could benefit from a more intimate visit environment. In the end, I donā€™t feel this recruitment is going to be won on a visit at this point and I think Texas is still a dangerous team in the race if they just stay the course with him. His OVs are all set and will go (in order) Florida, Texas, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama.

ā€”One part of the list I find interesting is Tavorus Jones making his trip the same weekend as Jaydon Blue. Like Iā€™ve said a few times, I feel Jones is probably the best bet to end up in this class as the second back, and I feel there was a lot of intention with having Blue there. Heā€™s the type of kid who can be a good recruiter and heā€™s never going to freak out about a second back being recruited. If the two from a bond that weekend, I could see Texas shutting the door.

ā€”Iā€™d expect to see some California targets join that June 18-20 weekend. Niuafe Tuihalamaka just confirmed heā€™s in for that weekend at the time of this writing, and I think the Longhorns will want to maximize the west coast influence by getting those kids all in on the same weekend. Iā€™ve got my eye on CJ Williams, Earnest Greene, Malik Agbo and a few others to add their name to that date.

ā€”This list will morph over time. Guys will change their dates and some might not even be viable targets by the time visits come around. We will continue to dig and keep you guys as up to date as possible.

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Fine, Iā€™ll ask. Anything on ewers? Or is IT just being IT.

(Not that IT is saying heā€™s coming, just only ones still mentioning him here and there).

Same on Ewers - I didnā€™t ask. They all think heā€™s going to make a real decision that is final before the summer ends, but that had previously been ā€œbefore the spring endsā€. Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting