Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Ohio State offers to Texas kids feel legitimately special, especially given all their success and how many of their players get drafted. Talented kids in Texas feel like a UT offer should be their birthright in a way, and it's not like our record of talent maximization has been even above average prior to this staff.

Animated GIF

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

The kid and his father are reportedly laser-focused on player-development and making the league. The fact that he was even entertaining Texas was a little bit of a shock to me. 

Why, Bruh Man? Does this staff have a history of lack of development at Texas, or did you just choose to drag your sads across the board for giggle?

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bruh Man said:

The kid and his father are reportedly laser-focused on player-development and making the league. The fact that he was even entertaining Texas was a little bit of a shock to me. 

This is why I was worried about osu. Still odd though given the relationship with the coaches is probably much newer there.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I saw something on Twitter saying Harris and Brooks won't wind up playing at the same school. Is that just random bullshit or is there validity there that I've missed?

Think it was IT that said that a few weeks ago.. how they wouldn't be in the same class

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

So on Brooks, it seems like our 9.95ers all think it's a 50/50 toss-up, but anecdotally from what's been shared, it seems like Bama 9.95ers don't expect it to be them. Is that a fair summary?

Also, supposedly OB said yesterday they heard from a few sources that don't expect it to be Bama if it's a commitment (which it appears to be)

I do wonder about tOSU sneaking in. If Brooks is all about NFL development, they've got a good case. That would suck.

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:

Yeah I have tOSU on the back of my mind here due to the current uncertainty from all the 9.95ers

Where should we send our 9.95 you intelligent bastards

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

think tosu was hurting for CBs, the ones they were on were trending elsewhere..  so they came in with a late push and seemed to have convinced him and his pops

This is exactly wrong. They have a 5* from Florida committed, and convinced another stud corner from Louisiana to move to Ohio. They also have a lower ranked 3* from Florida committed. So Brooks would give them four corners. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Why, Bruh Man? Does this staff have a history of lack of development at Texas, or did you just choose to drag your sads across the board for giggle?

Do they have a history of development at Texas? Why choose an unknown when you have the opportunity to join a program with concrete results?

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is exactly wrong. They have a 5* from Florida committed, and convinced another stud corner from Louisiana to move to Ohio. They also have a lower ranked 3* from Florida committed. So Brooks would give them four corners. 

yeah i was wrong interpreting a tosu buddy of mine

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Do they have a history of development at Texas? Why choose an unknown when you have the opportunity to join a program with concrete results?

Like Kerry Coombs' defense at fOSU? He's a good position coach, but his coordinating is fucking awful and their secondary regressed significantly last season. Anything else, champ?

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Like Kerry Coombs' defense at fOSU? He's a good position coach, but his coordinating is fucking awful and their secondary regressed significantly last season. Anything else, champ?

they keep milking the okudah experience

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Oregon mod

10455835.jpeg

Is this 3 other schools' reporters that have now predicted Texas?  Other schools' guys predicting us seems like a very good sign.

18 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Who else is in it for Brooks, besides us and Bama? Aggy?

aggy's in it for Brooks like they're in it for the national title every year.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

How would any of you recruiting gurus rate the DL we're in on? 

247 has them:

Justice Finkley

Jaray Bledsoe

KJ Miles

Kris Ross

Zac Swanson

Keahnist Thompson

-Bledsoe (if he can keep his academics together)

-Ross (He's got all the projectables you'd want and can grow without losing athleticism)

Finkley (He's really good right now, but he's pretty maxed out on size and strength already. He's a high floor guy)

Thompson (kind of the opposite of Finkley. He's got really good athleticism and room to grow. He's not very developed playing DE, so a lot of room for improvement)

Miles (don't know a whole lot about him and it sounds like we're not taking him)

Swanson (Seems like there's been hints he could get processed. It's possible we ask him to pay his way for a year so he doesn't count towards this classes numbers)

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Mike "I don't feel good enough to put in a CB" Roach

He's pretty much just a parody account at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

NFL doesn’t draft based on well coordinated defenses or defensive unit rankings. Do their dbs get drafted at a high rate?  Yes. Do Texas’?  Not at this time.  Bama?  Also yes.  That is the metric for this kid and his dad, apparently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K just upped his Brooks percentage to 65% Bama, 35% Texas. Either he's way out of the loop on this one or the Brooks family fooled everyone.

I mean, shit, I'd say they fooled everyone either way.

Wishful thinking for sure but I would note that Fong only went 6 confidence on his CB. Lower than usual

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Is this 3 other schools' reporters that have now predicted Texas?  Other schools' guys predicting us seems like a very good sign.

aggy's in it for Brooks like they're in it for the national title every year.

-Bledsoe (if he can keep his academics together)

-Ross (He's got all the projectables you'd want and can grow without losing athleticism)

Finkley (He's really good right now, but he's pretty maxed out on size and strength already. He's a high floor guy)

Thompson (kind of the opposite of Finkley. He's got really good athleticism and room to grow. He's not very developed playing DE, so a lot of room for improvement)

Miles (don't know a whole lot about him and it sounds like we're not taking him)

Swanson (Seems like there's been hints he could get processed. It's possible we ask him to pay his way for a year so he doesn't count towards this classes numbers)

He's pretty much just a parody account at this point.

He reads Surly, gets his takes from this board, regurgitates them, then we post them here.  It's like choking on your own vomit.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K just upped his Brooks percentage to 65% Bama, 35% Texas. Either he's way out of the loop on this one or the Brooks family fooled everyone.

Wasn't super K the first 9.95er to actually mention tOSU as a possibility? Weird that he gave the info about the tOSU stuff and then doesn't even include them in his prediction.

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

His scheme as a DC is poor, but it will only get exposed once or twice a year. His player development is still very strong. He's a damn good DB coach. It's possible him being a shitty DC will make his DBs look worse and hurt their draft stock a little, but there's no doubt he knows how to develop players.

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Marshon Lattimore

Gareon Conley

Denzel Ward

Jeff Okudah

Damon Arnette

Those are their first rd CB picks over the last five drafts. We haven't had a 1st rd pick at ANY position since Malcom Brown in '15. Last DB was Kenny Vaccarro nearly a decade ago. 

The fact that I have to spell this shit out for you and that you believe a coaching change w/out showing any results should be sufficient enough to turn the tide w/ every recruit, let alone one w/ a dad hell-bent on getting his kid to the league, shows how incredibly stupid you are. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Quick hand wringing diversion: 2 hours before an announcement, Fong drops a 6 confidence? I think he's guessing a bit, too.

I think he's hearing it from Ohio State commits at Elite 11 

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don't necessarily read that as a Texas prediction. I read it as Texas is the only threat to Oregon, but no comment on which leads. Although yeah it does imply we're ahead of aggy

But otherwise, there's the one LSU guy and idk, is there another school's reporters that predicted us? 

Edited by Tex-19

My guess is, this program will continue to have problems recruiting kids with dads that played high-level football until they actually start pumping out 1st/2nd rd picks on a more consistent basis. No amount of pinterest photos of lady bird lake and SoCo will overcome this deficiency in our program. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

If you look at his recent CB history, it's pretty split between 6s and 7s. Looks like slightly more 7s

yeah that Hullaby commitment recently burnt a whole lotta people including him lol.  he used to dish out 8+

Edited by westexhorn

Well at the end of the day, we never really thought we were getting Brooks anyway until the reports yesterday that Bama wasn't confident (now we likely know why and it wasn't necessarily because leaped Bama). Harris, Anderson, Guilbeau would still be a killer haul so back to where we were.

We're all focused on UT but what's really strange is how OSU jumped Bama, especially with 3 CBs already committed. Bama's NFL track record ain't so bad.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting