Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Fud said:

In my opinion, it just means that Bama mods are used to knowing whether or not a recruit with pick Bama, and they don't know this time because he hasn't informed anyone. Nothing more, nothing less. 

That or they know Brooks may not have a spot right now, as others have hinted at

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

That or they know Brooks may not have a spot right now, as others have hinted at

If they knew he didn’t have a spot, they’d be saying that to their subs. And they’d know. If they walk it back after a Texas commit you know for sure it was a head to head Texas win. If they know he didn’t have a spot they’d already be downplaying the outcome. 

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think nobody knows who he's picking between Texas and Bama, and that he's a take right now for both schools

54 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm not sure what our depth chart looked like back in the day, but we should have probably wanted Drew Brees.

Probably wouldn't have killed us to offer 3* Nick Foles as a 2nd QB behind Chiles. Maybe he would have had success backing up an injured starter in an important game.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If they knew he didn’t have a spot, they’d be saying that to their subs. And they’d know. If they walk it back after a Texas commit you know for sure it was a head to head Texas win. If they know he didn’t have a spot they’d already be downplaying the outcome. 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think nobody knows who he's picking between Texas and Bama, and that he's a take right now for both schools

I feel like whomever he chose would be tipped off. The fact that Bama insiders are saying what they're saying leads me to believe it's not them. 

I agree with Sydney here as well with them walking it back to make it appear like it wasn't head to head win/loss.

I don't know guys with fan edits like these, do we really have a chance here?
(Also holy shit are the replies to his commitment date announcement really validating the "UCF fans are waaaay too online" stereotype)
Uhh..reading on down there is a Decommitment edit from Quan Lee (yeah, seems edits for decommitments are a thing now) which school starts with a C and has a camel mascot? Lol..

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, texifornia said:
I don't know guys with fan edits like these, do we really have a chance here?
(Also holy shit are the replies to his commitment date announcement really validating the "UCF fans are waaaay too online" stereotype)

Uhh..reading on down there is a Decommitment edit from Quan Lee (yeah, seems edits for decommitments are a thing now) which school starts with a C and has a camel mascot? Lol..

Campbell. Just down the road from Raleigh.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Mackovic didn’t like his throwing motion or some such shit.

He had blown out his knee (maybe both knees) in HS. Neither Texas nor A&M wanted him.

Since he ended up at Purdue, a lot of schools obviously didn't want him.

43 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.900f32660c376310c01afb1405aedfec.png

With the caveat that I am completely 100% unqualified to do so, and that I don't know shit about fuck, I Daddy98'd the tape of Finkley and Thompson. I thought they were different types of players too. I thought Finkley was more explosive. It's difficult to tell how big each of them are from the tape and I don't know how accurate the reported measurements for either of them are, but Thompson seemed like he had a bigger frame to grow into. I sort of had the opposite take from CoackBobbyFinstock -- my gut was that Thompson would grow to be more of an interior player and that Finkley had more ability to play either inside or out. A lot of Thompson's film is of him at TE including several highlights of him busting up smaller dudes in space, so you can get a little bit better sense of his athleticism which is pretty good for a guy his size. Both of them seem to have pretty good motors, but you better show good motor in a highlight reel. 

From what I can tell, making these positional projections on the DL and LB is going to be futile. I think PK is just collecting body types and athletic profiles, and then he's going to figure it out as he goes. It should be fun to watch because I think he's going to be creative, mix and match and try to play to each guy's strength. It's got to be a bitch to game plan for.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

With the caveat that I am completely 100% unqualified to do so, and that I don't know shit about fuck, I Daddy98'd the tape of Finkley and Thompson. I thought they were different types of players too. I thought Finkley was more explosive. It's difficult to tell how big each of them are from the tape and I don't know how accurate the reported measurements for either of them are, but Thompson seemed like he had a bigger frame to grow into. I sort of had the opposite take from CoackBobbyFinstock -- my gut was that Thompson would grow to be more of an interior player and that Finkley had more ability to play either inside or out. A lot of Thompson's film is of him at TE including several highlights of him busting up smaller dudes in space, so you can get a little bit better sense of his athleticism which is pretty good for a guy his size. Both of them seem to have pretty good motors, but you better show good motor in a highlight reel. 

From what I can tell, making these positional projections on the DL and LB is going to be futile. I think PK is just collecting body types and athletic profiles, and then he's going to figure it out as he goes. It should be fun to watch because I think he's going to be creative, mix and match and try to play to each guy's strength. It's got to be a bitch to game plan for.

I'd rather a guy who knows he doesn't know shit about fuck to speak intelligently about something than a guy who thinks he knows shit about fuck and fucks shit up because he's a fuckup who doesn't know shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, elguapo said:

With Texas prospects offering late only hurts us apparently.

Ohio State offers to Texas kids feel legitimately special, especially given all their success and how many of their players get drafted. Talented kids in Texas feel like a UT offer should be their birthright in a way, and it's not like our record of talent maximization has been even above average prior to this staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting