Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Ass, No Takes
3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Too late to neg bomb him? Even just for a day to humble him a bit

I like where your head’s at, Sir Ulrich. We should have a neg war to stave off ennui and see who the last man standing is. 

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

he predicted Brooks in the class?

I don’t think so, but I’ve altered my outlook over time as new shit comes to light. I could have had him in the class in a post at some point. He’s always been the stretchiest of in-state DB targets but I’ve always coveted him as a prospect. In my recent updates, I’ve said he was trending Bama and then that they might not have room. They were pushing consideration for NB or safety and it turned the dad off. Had Bama just stayed on the CB grind, they probably win the recruitment as expected. 

I continue to maintain that Texas will get both Anderson and Harris in this class. 

• Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus you people are fucking pussies. 

Seriously. We missed on a guy that we were always trailing for and a guy who's a good developmental prospect, but is extremely replaceable, and we;re probably going to land like 5 commits in the span of a week.  

I wonder if the staff will circle back on KJ Miles now, or if they knew we weren't getting Thompson before they slowed on Miles. We already have Jones and are still in a good spot for FInkley.  Numbers are hard to tell since a lot of Jack prospects could also potentially grow into DL.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Seriously. We missed on a guy that we were always trailing for and a guy who's a good developmental prospect, but is extremely replaceable, and we;re probably going to land like 5 commits in the span of a week.  

I wonder if the staff will circle back on KJ Miles now, or if they knew we weren't getting Thompson before they slowed on Miles. We already have Jones and are still in a good spot for FInkley.  Numbers are hard to tell since a lot of Jack prospects could also potentially grow into DL.  

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Tough day in terms of our 9.95ers shitting down their legs, but missing a guy we didn't think we were getting two days ago and a guy we have an obvious backup plan waiting in the wings in Finkley isn't too much of a dickpunch.

Finkley is a backup plan?

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Really wish we could get Boardingham to consider coming off the edge, but I think I read somewhere that offering at DE was the reason Notre Dame was out of his recruitment.

Fuck this. So what. We missed on a good player. Good luck to the kid. He chose poorly but it is what it is. Fuck that shithole ohio. Until we win it’s gonna happen. Buckle up cuz it’s time to get some big boys in here. Anyone who isn’t jumpin to Austin can go fuck themselves. 

Brooks sucks mainly because of the way we got teased last night. The services were all way off on that recruitment being a two-team race and when the Bama mods started hedging it seemed logical enough to get our hopes up. Most people thought he was a longshot for the class yesterday morning and nobody was panicking about the potential defensive back class. Weird recruitment all around.

Meh on Thompson. Nice player with some tools but if we had taken him half the posters here would be complaining that we are taking UCF level talent and should have kept our powder dry for Finkley or others. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Honestly might not be. Was going off of Gerry saying he might be grumpy if we took Thompson, but Gerry hasn't exactly had a banner couple days.

I'd be surprised if the 9.95ers have any insight into how the staff have prioritized the DL targets.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting