Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

I don't think Burton ends up at Texas just based off of a gut feeling and nothing factual.  We've basically whiffed on every elite skill player from centex under Strong and Herman.  

I think you can right Kelvin Banks off.  I don't think he has any interest in Texas.  He's going to end up at aggy.

Thank god he at least pulls guys like Alfred Collins. Ewers should pull in Burton. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Getting Stewart, Winfield, and Burton would be the equivalent of Bama' trotting out Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.  Throw in Wilson for good measure.

I would have gone with Roy, BJ, Sloan ... throw in Tony Jeffrey (or Bo?) for good measure.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

When Wells hangs out with teenagers on a Friday night in a parking lot everyone thinks it’s cool but when I do it the Wendy’s manager calls the police. 

Maybe you should wait for the Wendys to grow up, and then their manager would be cool with it?

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Maybe you should wait for the Wendys to grow up, and then their manager would be cool with it?

Well I knew I had to have her so I sent off in the mail
I saw her picture in that magazine
And when the postman brought her, I thrilled as I blew up
The prettiest plastic girl you'd ever seen

I called the new girl Wendy and Wendy blew my mind
Figured that I'd keep her around
Her plug kept her inflated when I had it in
But when I pulled it out she'd go down

[Chorus:]
She's a life sized, wife sized, full grown blow up plastic girl, nothin's missin'
Yeah she never had a headache, she ain't got bad breath when we're kissin'
Yeah she's there when you need her, she's more than just a friend
And her skin is as smooth as a pearl
She's a life sized, wife sized, full grown blow up plastic girl

Well I didn't tell nobody except my best friend Earl
You can't trust just anyone you see
When I'd come home late at night all tired from makin' pizzas
Wendy, she'd be waitin' there for me

One night I came home anxious with Wendy on my mind
And it broke my heart in two when I walked in
And I found the one I'd always thought would always be just mine
Layin' there with Earl my best friend

I never dreamed that Wendy would be the cheatin' kind
I never figured Earl would let me down
But you don't know what can happen in these modern mixed up times
Cause there's a lot of wierdos runnin' round
  • Hook 'Em 1

OU side of TFB on Bowman:

Quick Hitter | Commits Still Putting In Work
– Charlie S

Back in late July, the Sooners extended an offer to 2021 ATH Billy Bowman.

***Bowman is currently committed to Texas

***Many of you have seen Caleb Williams publicly state that he is ‘Picking at Bowman’ in his weekly Sports Illustrated blog

***In checking with some of the commits who are heading to Norman this weekend, I was told they are working on Bowman.

***Source told me that they are ‘not sure’ if Bowman will be in Norman this weekend.

***Regardless if he shows up in town this weekend or not…bottom line is that it is clear that multiple Sooner recruits are working on Bowman which means their directive is coming from the staff.

***Bonus note for those of you who do not already know…Bowman’s girlfriend is planning on playing softball for OU.

***Definitely something to keep an eye on as the season gets underway coupled with the fact that Texas just lost the QB in their class when Jalen Milroe flipped to Bama.

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU side of TFB on Bowman:

Quick Hitter | Commits Still Putting In Work
– Charlie S

Back in late July, the Sooners extended an offer to 2021 ATH Billy Bowman.

***Bowman is currently committed to Texas

***Many of you have seen Caleb Williams publicly state that he is ‘Picking at Bowman’ in his weekly Sports Illustrated blog

***In checking with some of the commits who are heading to Norman this weekend, I was told they are working on Bowman.

***Source told me that they are ‘not sure’ if Bowman will be in Norman this weekend.

***Regardless if he shows up in town this weekend or not…bottom line is that it is clear that multiple Sooner recruits are working on Bowman which means their directive is coming from the staff.

***Bonus note for those of you who do not already know…Bowman’s girlfriend is planning on playing softball for OU.

***Definitely something to keep an eye on as the season gets underway coupled with the fact that Texas just lost the QB in their class when Jalen Milroe flipped to Bama.

That's some see spot run writing. Their readers must be true idiots for the writers to breakup into 8 separate lines what could've been said in one sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ear to the streets

— Early in the week, I was informed that an informal workout was being put together by Quinn Ewers with a few top prospects in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. We were told we could attend the event under the condition of keeping it quiet and not disclosing the location. The event was organized by Ewers in an effort to work out with some of the top pass-catchers in his class and do some recruiting. The group came together tonight, and Ewers was joined by Texas commit Phaizon Wilson and Texas targets Armani Winfield and Evan Stewart.

— It was a bit funny watching all the guys get to know each other. Wilson and Ewers have been talking a lot in the last week, but neither really knew what the other had as a skillset. After the workout was done, Wilson was blown away by the way Ewers threw the ball. He kept marveling at how effortless it was for Ewers to put it right on the money in any kind of situation. Ewers was also pleased with how big of a target Wilson was and the way he caught the ball.

—The guys went through the route tree running a variety of different looks for Ewers to throw to. The early going was pinpoint accuracy and zip on stops, slants and comebacks, but the main event was the deep post. On five straight throws, Ewers threw picture-perfect deep balls from 50-yards out dropping them right over the shoulder and in-stride with the receiver. At one point, Winfield yelled "Oh my God, it's so pretty," while running a route watching the ball in the air. The deep accuracy was as impressive as any quarterback I've ever seen.

— Winfield and Ewers were somewhat familiar with one another. Southlake Carroll beat Lewisville 84-6 last season, and Ewers made sure to get a few jokes off about that. Winfield is really polished as a wideout and he's filling out in his upper body. Sometimes I have to remember that I've known him since he was a freshman, and I've watched him physically develop over the last four years. Winfield is probably the most natural receiver of the group with great route-running ability and exceptional hands. It's one thing to see Ewers work from the other sideline, but Winfield got a new appreciation being on the other end of the pass. While I don't sense anything imminent with him as of now, I feel really good about my 247Sports Crystal Ball pick in favor of Texas.

6COMMENTS

— The best interaction of the night was watching Ewers and Evan Stewart get to know each other. They had only talked before this, but they blew each other away many times. Stewart is one of the fastest players in the country, and he was very pleased that Ewers could hit him in stride instead of underthrowing him as many others do. Stewart showed off insane athleticism and speed changing gears fluidly through breaks and a vertical that blew everyone away. Ewers' jaw dropped when he saw Stewart elevate one time to catch a touchdown pass. They seemed like two people who had only heard of each other eyeing one another from across the room. Stewart really likes Texas, and he talks with Jay Valai more than anyone. That said, he wants to enjoy his recruitment and take his time. I don't get the sense he's ready to shut anything down.

— I saw Ewers during the spring and he looked like he was carrying a lot of burden from his recruitment. He's never been ungrateful about it, but it can take its toll on a kid. Seeing him today, he was as light as a feather. The weight was really off of his shoulders and he was having fun with everything. It was awesome to see him recruiting in action. He's not over the top about it, but he is effective. He has the type of personality that can thrive in any situation, and his skills speak for themselves. Talking with him, it was clear that Texas was his dream school and he didn't want to miss the opportunity to commit there. I can't see the future, but barring anything crazy, I don't think there's anything to worry about with his recruitment.

excited andy samberg GIF

Fuhhhhhhh drinking all the kooooool aid

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Ear to the streets

— Early in the week, I was informed that an informal workout was being put together by Quinn Ewers with a few top prospects in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. We were told we could attend the event under the condition of keeping it quiet and not disclosing the location. The event was organized by Ewers in an effort to work out with some of the top pass-catchers in his class and do some recruiting. The group came together tonight, and Ewers was joined by Texas commit Phaizon Wilson and Texas targets Armani Winfield and Evan Stewart.

— It was a bit funny watching all  the guys get to know each other. Wilson and Ewers have been talking a lot in the last week, but neither really knew what the other had as a skillset. After the workout was done, Wilson was blown away by the way Ewers threw the ball. He kept marveling at how effortless it was for Ewers to put it right on the money in any kind of situation. Ewers was also pleased with how big of a target Wilson was and the way he caught the ball.

—The guys went through the route tree running a variety of different looks for Ewers to throw to. The early going was pinpoint accuracy and zip on stops, slants and comebacks, but the main event was the deep post. On five straight throws, Ewers threw picture-perfect deep balls from 50-yards out dropping them right over the shoulder and in-stride with the receiver. At one point, Winfield yelled "Oh my God, it's so pretty," while running a route watching the ball in the air. The deep accuracy was as impressive as any quarterback I've ever seen.

— Winfield and Ewers were somewhat familiar with one another. Southlake Carroll beat Lewisville 84-6 last season, and Ewers made sure to get a few jokes off about that. Winfield is really polished as a wideout and he's filling out in his upper body. Sometimes I have to remember that I've known him since he was a freshman, and I've watched him physically develop over the last four years. Winfield is probably the most natural receiver of the group with great route-running ability and exceptional hands. It's one thing to see Ewers work from the other sideline, but Winfield got a new appreciation being on the other end of the pass. While I don't sense anything imminent with him as of now, I feel really good about my 247Sports Crystal Ball pick in favor of Texas.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Ear to the streets

— It was a bit funny watching all the guys get to know each other. Wilson and Ewers have been talking a lot in the last week, but neither really knew what the other had as a skillset. After the workout was done, Wilson was blown away by the way Ewers threw the ball. He kept marveling at how effortless it was for Ewers to put it right on the money in any kind of situation. Ewers was also pleased with how big of a target Wilson was and the way he caught the ball.

6COMMENTS

— The best interaction of the night was watching Ewers and Evan Stewart get to know each other. They had only talked before this, but they blew each other away many times. Stewart is one of the fastest players in the country, and he was very pleased that Ewers could hit him in stride instead of underthrowing him as many others do. Stewart showed off insane athleticism and speed changing gears fluidly through breaks and a vertical that blew everyone away. Ewers' jaw dropped when he saw Stewart elevate one time to catch a touchdown pass. They seemed like two people who had only heard of each other eyeing one another from across the room. Stewart really likes Texas, and he talks with Jay Valai more than anyone. That said, he wants to enjoy his recruitment and take his time. I don't get the sense he's ready to shut anything down.

— I saw Ewers during the spring and he looked like he was carrying a lot of burden from his recruitment. He's never been ungrateful about it, but it can take its toll on a kid. Seeing him today, he was as light as a feather. The weight was really off of his shoulders and he was having fun with everything. It was awesome to see him recruiting in action. He's not over the top about it, but he is effective. He has the type of personality that can thrive in any situation, and his skills speak for themselves. Talking with him, it was clear that Texas was his dream school and he didn't want to miss the opportunity to commit there. I can't see the future, but barring anything crazy, I don't think there's anything to worry about with his recruitment.

So this is why the aggy QB commit is holding his own “media workout”...can’t wait for the Looch write up on his perfectly thrown passes, best I’ve ever seen, better than Ewers, etc....

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Ear to the streets

6COMMENTS

excited andy samberg GIF

Jesus it’s almost too much  

6-BBD0-DF5-7-CBC-4126-95-A4-1-BE9-B7-B5-

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting