Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Spoiler

i have bad news he is not committed it was bait 
i have been linked as the mole in the gc & kicked/banned
i have to go now i hope u all remember carl in a positive light & never forget the great times we had in 2020
i luv u all & remember to always be glizzy gladiators 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i have to go now i hope u all remember carl in a positive light & never forget the great times we had in 2020

The Office Reaction GIF by My4

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Who was the commit turner?

3 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the good times, Carl.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Tidbit on 2022 from Mike Roach this morning

—I’ll end with a quick 2022 note. Guys are being really careful with what they say right now because they don’t want to be perceived as followers, but there is a lot of communication going on with 2022 prospects. I talked about the workout Quinn Ewers organized with Evan Stewart, Phaizon Wilson and Armani Winfield the other day, and there was supposed to be another prospect there. I can’t go into great detail yet because I’ve been asked not to, but Texas is making waves with a talented in-state prospect. There are some delicate parts of this recruitment, so we can’t get deep into it. We will see if Texas can keep the momentum up with this player.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Seems overwhelmingly likely to me that everything he's said has been completely made up and now he's writing an ending to his own story because he's bored with it. 

I mean I don't want to be a hater, but each of the sites usually has about ten "carls" who basically read info from the other sites, change a few percentages, repackage it as their own with the caveat as "things can change of course."  I don't think it's hard.

"Hey guys we're trending for Leyrer, 85% chance.  Turner is a lock at some point."  

• Hook 'Em 1

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Texas commit Quinn Ewers talks decision process

Spoiler

Texas commit Quinn Ewers talks decision process

MikeRoach

Quinn Ewers put together an impromptu throwing session last Friday with several top wide receiver targets.

The five-star quarterback from Southlake Carroll has been an active recruiter since committing to Texas two weeks ago, and he wanted to get some familiarity with the other big-time players in the area.  He was joined by fellow Texas commit Phaizon Wilson, four-star Frisco Liberty receiver Evan Stewart and four-star Lewisville wide receiver Armani Winfield.

"I just hit up these guys and wanted to throw it around a little bit," he said. "It was good to throw with Phaizon because he's already committed and going to the University of Texas, and I wanted to throw with Armani and Evan because those are my guys."

Ewers sported a Texas hat and an easy smile as the burden of recruiting was gone from him. Growing up a huge Texas fan, Ewers said that the opportunity to commit to his dream school became an easy decision for him.

"It was always a dream of mine to play at the University of Texas," he said. "To commit to my dream school was a really big deal for me and my family because they were very excited to see me commit there. Even my grandma and great grandparents were so excited for me. I just felt the timing was perfect for me to commit to the University of Texas."

When Ewers told the coaching staff he was committing, they were rightfully excited. Ewers said the reaction from Texas offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich surprised him.

"They were pretty pumped up," he said. "Coach Yurcich might have screamed a little bit. They were pretty excited for sure."

Ewers still has two high school seasons to complete before he enrolls at Texas, but he's excited to work under Yurcich and learn more about the game.

"I'm excited to get to work in just about seventeen months and sit in the quarterback room with him," Ewers said.

With Ewers as the most important target for Texas in quite a while, some have wondered if he will stay committed. Ewers had a simple answer when asked about his commitment.

"Yes sir. I'm completely locked in," Ewers said.

At 6-foot-3, 195 pounds, Ewers is ranked as the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the nation and No. 1 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

7 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thots and playas.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cant get enough of these Ewers blurbs, this from TFB

Spoiler

With over two years until National Signing Day 2022, it will be awhile before we see the true result of Texas’ 2022 class led by 5-star quarterback Quinn Ewers. Though I expect big things from the class. And while Ewers isn’t the alpha of alpha males, but to think guys aren’t looking at Texas a little harder following his commitment is a lie. Texas has a chance to build something special in the 2022 class, and land certain guys they’ve been missing on in previous classes.

The two most important recruits for Texas following Ewers commitment are the two main positions Texas has failed to land the top guy in recent classes. Offensive line and wide receiver. Arlington Bowie 5-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell is a DFW guy, like Ewers. Texas is in a solid spot for him right now and adding Ewers can only help. At wide receiver, it seemed like Ohio State was a forgone conclusion to steal the top guy in Texas at the position in Del Valle’s Caleb Burton, but Ewers commitment could give Texas a major jolt in the recruitment.

Ewers was working out with two star 2022 wide receivers Evan Stewart Frisco Liberty HS and Armani Winfield from Lewisville HS. Those are two other guys I see trending towards Texas right now following Ewers commitment.

Like I said, lots can change between now and NSD 2022. But there is no reason Texas shouldn’t land an elite 2022 offensive class. And the addition of Ewers had some 2022 defensive guys turning their heads too. But the performance of Chris Ash’s defense will be a bigger selling point for 2022 defenders. All I can say is, the Ewers effect is real.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting