Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I agree with the prevailing wisdom that Ewers is a generational talent but even then I don't think CDC should (or would) make executive operational decisions based on a single recruit.

Problem is this isn’t a single recruit. It would be a generational recruit in a long line of great recruits decommitting or committing elsewhere when they should be coming to Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Problem is this isn’t a single recruit. It would be a generational recruit in a long line of great recruits decommitting or committing elsewhere when they should be coming to Texas.

I mean I don't disagree, but that also wasn't really my point.

Regardless, Herman is done anyways so no reason to argue the finer points.

16 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I agree with the prevailing wisdom that Ewers is a generational talent but even then I don't think CDC should (or would) make executive operational decisions based on a single recruit.

I normally agree, but CDC seems to notice shit like this. He's not like Deloss who would probably say "I pay Mack to worry about recruiting."  CDC knows things aren't going well and losing a generational talent that was once committed and is leaving because of your offense, well that's a problem.

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I normally agree, but CDC seems to notice shit like this. He's not like Deloss who would probably say "I pay Mack to worry about recruiting."  CDC knows things aren't going well and losing a generational talent that was once committed and is leaving because of your offense, well that's a problem.

Oh ya this is not lost on anyone in administration, to boosters and especially to CDC

• Hook 'Em 2

TFB

Super K made a post this morning regarding the smoke coming from Ohio State’s camp. While true, Texas will not be completely out of the running for Ewers, everything is dependent upon how Texas finishes the season and/or who will be coaching next season.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Super K made a post this morning regarding the smoke coming from Ohio State’s camp. While true, Texas will not be completely out of the running for Ewers, everything is dependent upon how Texas finishes the season and/or who will be coaching next season.

Ok but if he commits to tOSU within the week and we hire Urban few weeks later. Will we get a chance to flip him back?

It was just a matter of time while Herman is still coach. I was raised to be a Texas Longhorn. Texas is the only school I applied for and it was because of football.

If my son was a blue chip football player I would advise him not to come to this dumpster fire. This is currently a program that wastes players talent and turns would be 1st round picks into 3rd+.

CDC better make the right move and it needs to be fucking soon.

1 minute ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Ok but if he commits to tOSU within the week and we hire Urban few weeks later. Will we get a chance to flip him back?

If he commits quick it’s fucking done...best you can pray for is a long drawn out process and Urban in Austin

5 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It was just a matter of time while Herman is still coach. I was raised to be a Texas Longhorn. Texas is the only school I applied for and it was because of football.

If my son was a blue chip football player I would advise him not to come to this dumpster fire. This is currently a program that wastes players talent and turns would be 1st round picks into 3rd+.

CDC better make the right move and it needs to be fucking soon.

Hi Blake. Fuck you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Start chatting up Weigman?  Yeah he's just as good.  Regardless, Ewers waited 2 weeks since the entire world realized Herman is done and the admin didn't have the balls to go all in on the future of the program.  This isn't a "fire him at the end of the year, unless they somehow win out" situation.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting