Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

It’s like everyone forgets Casey Thompson is on the roster. He’ll start the next 2 years and one or both ofJQJ or Card will transfer. Thompson already has 2 years in Herman’s system. Shouldn’t impact Ewers though, he could start as a true freshman at this rate.

if Casey Thompson starts for 2 years either he has gotten a hell of a lot better or Card/JQJ died and Ewers quit football to go be a monk

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Highly doubtful

As much as people would like to believe otherwise, we’re fucking terrible at making predictions. This year across so many categories should highlight that. 

The right answer regarding what happens with the depth chart after a new coach is hired is probably “who the fuck knows who will be valued/transferring/ready/system for/switching positions/taking a med schol/etc.” It will be chaos in some form.

We should all be willing to believe anything, good or bad, once Herman is told to go sell his brand of stupid somewhere else. I personally doubt that Thompson will ever be the man, but I have witnessed crazier shit than that already this morning. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

As much as people would like to believe otherwise, we’re fucking terrible at making predictions. This year across so many categories should highlight that. 

The right answer regarding what happens with the depth chart after a new coach is hired is probably “who the fuck knows who will be valued/transferring/ready/system for/switching positions/taking a med schol/etc.” It will be chaos in some form.

We should all be willing to believe anything, good or bad, once Herman is told to go sell his brand of stupid somewhere else. I personally doubt that Thompson will ever be the man, but I have witnessed crazier shit than that already this morning. 

Fair enough, there is a possible future timeline where Thompson is the starter for the next 2 years. I'd be willing to lay down $$$ that it doesn't happen though.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

What does that mean? He's committed, for right now?

My best guess on possible scenarios based on nothing.

He stays if:

-  Herman goes on a win streak and stays.  As long he's not in a scenario where he's 1 loss from being fired constantly like he is now, he probably sticks it out with Herman.

-  Herman is fired and Urban Meyer is hired.

He decommits and switches to tOSU if:

- Herman is retained with a sub-par season and his long term future is in question.  He's not going to sign up to board a sinking ship and not know who his next HC will be.

- We fire Herman and hire another unproven coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Imo none of this means he's likely to decommitt but of course he's going to keep his options open. He's the #1 prospect and has no idea who will be coaching here next year. I would think we still have a heavy advantage but if he doesn't like the new coaches, obviously he won't come here.

• Hook 'Em 1

TFB on Ewers...not ideal

By: Super KPosted on: October 28, 2020

I know there have been some rumors going around regarding the possibility of Quinn Ewers opening things back up.

They seem to be coming from the Ohio State side.

I reached out to a couple of sources and on the Ohio State side the smoke is coming from the fact that the Ohio State recruits are confident that Ewers will reopen things up.

I can’t say for certain this is true but I certainly haven’t gotten a resounding shut down of the rumors from other sources. In fact, what I gather is that Texas is in the process of trying to make sure this doesn’t happen.

It’s no surprise that people are going to be coming after Texas’ guys in the current environment. Herman just needs a win this weekend and I think it should quiet things back down on the recruiting front.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Blake Munroe who was nails on this recruitment pretty much said he doesn't see tOSU as a factor right now. He said if anything Clemson would be the one to look out for, that's if shit really hits the fan. I trust Blake on this one. 

Who Is This GIF

43 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB on Ewers...not ideal

I know there have been some rumors going around regarding the possibility of Quinn Ewers opening things back up.

I reached out to a couple of sources and on the Ohio State side the smoke is coming from the fact that the Ohio State recruits are confident that Ewers will reopen things up.

I can’t say for certain this is true but I certainly haven’t gotten a resounding shut down of the rumors from other sources. In fact, what I gather is that Texas is in the process of trying to make sure this doesn’t happen.

It’s no surprise that people are going to be coming after Texas’ guys in the current environment. Herman just needs a win this weekend and I think it should quiet things back down on the recruiting front.

Urban has his guys helping turn the heat up on Tom.

jk, but I see no universe where Tom is the coach for Ewers. If Tom is the coach, we don't have Ewers. If Ewers is here, we don't have Tom. So there's no reason to worry about this yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He's done work with both Texas and Baylor 247. Not sure where he's at now but he was calling Ewers to Texas way before anyone else. 

That's the "Blake" referred to in the post 3 posts above (by BevoXXX, who says something similar).

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since recruits are mainly connected to people who would be fired how do recruits get info backchanneled to them? Any way that the Ewers would have access to somebody that can give them the inside scoop RE: Urban? 

Hamm usually used recruits for information. Its why he was usually wildly incorrect.

TFB on Ewers...not ideal

I’ve effing had it with a bunch of couch burners coming down and getting top recruits. I’m sick of this shit and someone needs to take a bat to some recruiter’s kneecaps - figuratively of course.

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve effing had it with a bunch of couch burners coming down and getting top recruits. I’m sick of this shit and someone needs to take a bat to some recruiter’s kneecaps - figuratively of course.

Maybe you're looking at this all wrong.  Urbs is in, is working on his staff, and is having those guys start to form a relationship with the kids Texas wants.

One can dream, can't they?

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

Per Mike Roach @ Horns247...
In the past 48 hours, there have been rumors surrounding the commitment status of five-star quarterback Quinn Ewers.
After speaking with multiple people around the country, I can report that the rumors surrounding the 2022 passer are starting to show some real substance. So where are things as of now? Here's what I know.
—Those closest to Ewers are maintaining that the family has no problem to make any changes. As it was stated by a source to me, "There's no reason to make a change unless something changes." In speaking with other sources, I was told that they heard the same from his camp. After all, Ewers committed to Texas at a time when he knew the coaching situation might be a bit unstable with a make or break year on the horizon. It would make sense the family would wait to see what happens with the program before making a move with that in mind.
—I heard today from a reliable source that there is talk Ewers could be close to opening his recruitment and looking at his options. When I spoke to him last week, he said he was glad to have the recruiting attention off of him but he did still speak to a few schools here and there. I was told that he is indeed still talking to programs like Clemson, Ohio State and Alabama. Nobody I spoke with confirmed anything regarding a decommitment, and most of the talk came from rumors around the family. As I mentioned when he originally committed, the family is fairly private and closed off.
—Sources at Texas have been pretty quiet on the matter, but I'm told they are set to speak to Ewers soon. I don't have a great feel for the staff's level of concern at this point, but I'll keep digging there as well.
—I could probably make a case that the rumors are true or false and feel pretty firm either way, but one thing stands out to me as a negative. The sources around the Ewers camp are starting to go quiet. That sort of thing isn't uncharacteristic when a move is close to being made. Maybe they are being overwhelmed right now with attention, or maybe they aren't in a hurry to return calls or texts. However, my gut tells me it might be a little more. This is obviously something we will continue to monitor and I'll let you guys know what I hear as the story continues to develop.
 👎

Roach's update.  There's smoke

Edited by closetohumping
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You're roaring out of the gates here. 

IDC what anyone thinks of me.  Too many of y'all are idiots and think that texas is good or can get whoever we want.  Texas is a dumpster fire and running kids and coaches off.  Fact is we suck and OU runs this conference and we got a long ways to go, but y'all just keep acting like we're close to being "back"!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

2 minutes ago, aUsTinstrong said:

IDC what anyone thinks of me.  Too many of y'all are idiots and think that texas is good or can get whoever we want.  Texas is a dumpster fire and running kids and coaches off.  Fact is we suck and OU runs this conference and we got a long ways to go, but y'all just keep acting like we're close to being "back"!

Have you read any of the posts here?  We are the most pathetic, low self-esteem fan base in football.  Troll.

6 minutes ago, aUsTinstrong said:

you are right no one gives a fuck what you think.  now fuck off dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting