Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This thread was started 2.5 years ago and we are one month away from having zero recruits in the class. If that is not a perfect metaphor for Tom Herman Texas football, I don’t know what is. 

the title was rather prophetic

2 hours ago, Handcruser said:

So, losing ewers, possibly losing sanders, guilbeau might be looking around, roach saying we might have 0 recruits in a month, etc.

With that said, sounds like this team/staff is burning it down knowing they’re gone.

I think you're giving them too much credit. It's quite clear that Tom Herman is in way over his head and doesn't know how to get out at this point. He isn't trying to tank things, he just can't help it. It feels like a Charlie Strong press conference. 

Tom right now:

spacer.png

I've seen some comments like that but I don't understand the thinking.
1) I've said for a while that Fuckface has converted me completely into realizing that recruiting doesn't mean a fucking thing if the coaching is incompetent. Coaching under Fuckface is some of the worst shit I have ever seen. 
2) People can claim that Ewers and/or anyone else will get locked up by another school and we lost our shot. Fine, great, whatevs. If Texas hires Urban Meyer, I'm interested in how the landscape and dynamics for recruiting in Texas change almost immediately. 
3) If Meyer isn't the guy, I won't be committing suicide, but I will be checking out of following UT football and doing other shit for a good long while. 
I have been religiously following UT football and college football recruiting since my childhood. As it stands right now, I would not send my sons to play football at Texas. I cannot blame anyone else thinking/doing the same. This program has become a full-blown national joke. It's easy to blame Tom Herman, and he's a big part of it, but generally speaking, the athletic department and the institution as a whole get to carry plenty of that weight too.

Ditto.

I'm there with you guys as well.  I never missed a home game during my 4 years on campus.  Never missed a game in high school.  Have watched every game possible outside of friend's weddings and even then, I have my ESPN app up.  I'm fucking done.  I'm tired of my Saturdays being ruined.  This program is always reactionary.  Always too fucking late to make the right moves.  Hey guess what CDC, you stupid fuck.  You should have fired him last year.  We've been through this shit show with Mack and Charlie where they fire their entire staff and get a do over. It doesn't fucking work.  That is a last ditch effort and other coaches and recruits know it.  If things don't change, the coaches are back on the hot seat immediately and no recruit is going to sign up to play for a HC and staff that won't be there.  You should have fired him last year and you should have fired him after the TCU loss and then you had the chance to fire him after ou.  Now you're hoping he losses again and it may get dragged out for another couple of weeks while all of our recruiting efforts in multiple classes has fallen apart.  You should have fired his ass after ou and assured Ewers we were going to bring in a fucking elite coach with an elite staff and to wait it out.  Instead, he's about to commit to tOSU along with Burton and Domani Jackson, both 5 stars that were trending towards Texas.  Once again, we are a fucking joke of a program.  Atleast aggy can pound their chest about SEC.  We are a fucking pathetic big 12 team, with pathetic coaches, and a pathetic administration.  I'm not donating any fucking money and not coming to any more games.  I've wasted enough money traveling to Austin to see us lose against bad teams consistently.

• Like 1

So, losing ewers, possibly losing sanders, guilbeau might be looking around, roach saying we might have 0 recruits in a month, etc.

With that said, sounds like this team/staff is burning it down knowing they’re gone. If TH and UM hate each other as much as is rumored, Tom seems like the kind of bitch that would do whatever he could to fuck everything up for UM.

Ewers doesn’t totally change his tune in 10 days AND say a decision is imminent elsewhere unless he got some type of message from the staff/team that totally turned his lifelong love affair with Texas 180 degrees to the opposite direction.

CDC has to be in major damage control mode now. I think he probably knows it. I would bet talks with UM have escalated in the past 24 hours.

This sounds a lot like when MB left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello.

59aa6805a84b95f4a17224a4803e15dd.jpg

11 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

This is what happens when the program continually underwhelms and you're headed for a coaching change.

Indeed. Everyone knows who Tom Herman is as a coach, including recruits, and every “win” he gets just means the prolonging of his inevitable fire. Pull the trigger already so we can move on and try to fix this shit fest sooner rather than later. 

[mention=429]closetojumping[/mention] already said this isn't true.

But then the next post down adds clarification.

I don’t know what he said. But something happened to cause ewers, a lifelong UT fan and 1000% committed recruit to, in 72 hours, drop us and start recruiting other players to join him at *presumably* fOSU.

Something was said. Something happened. To what extent we dont know.

CTJ has great intel. But he’s not 100% right 100% of the time. [cue black panther].

Just now, victory88 said:

Wow...

At this point, I want CDC fired as well.  You’re in charge of the football program.  You’ve proven to be a complete pussy.  We have Shaka and Herman burning both programs to the ground and our idiot athletic director is watching it happen.

J’tavion Sanders will be next. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wow...

At this point, I want CDC fired as well.  You’re in charge of the football program.  You’ve proven to be a complete pussy.  We have Shaka and Herman burning both programs to the ground and our idiot athletic director is watching it happen.

I’ve previously compared CDC to a huckster, and until he shows he can be a killer, I’ll stick to that assessment.  I will say he was saddled with large contracts with Shaka and Herman (though CDC did exacerbate that  issue by extending Herman), and with the current economic environment it makes it harder to eat those dollars.  

26 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wow...

Bro let CDC do his thing.. he's obviously trying to get the big fish..  If he fires Tom tonight and has Ash or Yurcich take over.. these players will STILL be decommitting.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Bro let CDC do his thing.. he's obviously trying to get the big fish..  If he fires Tom tonight and has Ash or Yurcich take over.. these players will STILL be decommitting.  

CDC doing his thing got us in this situation.  He can go do his thing elsewhere.  The way he’s managed the basketball and football programs gives me little hope based on his decisions.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

There is 0 point to waiting, it doesn't matter who we can hire or how many wins we get this year Herman will not be the coach next year. So just fucking announce it and get on with the search.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

There is 0 point to waiting, it doesn't matter who we can hire or how many wins we get this year Herman will not be the coach next year. So just fucking announce it and get on with the search.

Maybe he's waiting until we no longer control our own destiny for a Big 12 title. A loss to OKST would mean we would need a lot of "help" to get in the champ game so I think he's done after that.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

CDC doing his thing got us in this situation.  He can go do his thing elsewhere.  The way he’s managed the basketball and football programs gives me little hope based on his decisions.

CDC hired the best softball and WBB coaches we’ve had in decades and enhanced the gameday experience tremendously. Blaming CDC because he won’t fire a 3-2 coach halfway through the season is reactionary and stupid tbh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

CDC hired the best softball and WBB coaches we’ve had in decades and enhanced the gameday experience tremendously. Blaming CDC because he won’t fire a 3-2 coach halfway through the season is reactionary and stupid tbh

Wow, he hired a good women’s b-ball coach -‘d softball coach.  Let’s give him a raise!!  What are their names again?

A good leader makes decisions at the right time.  If we win Saturday, do you think Herman gets fired?  Is another week of recruits bailing going to help this program?  

Herman is clearly doing his best to burn this down.  Put Ash, Drayton, anyone else in charge.  Atleast it’s an audition from them and they will atleast try to get recruits to keep an open mind.  Do you think Herman is trying his best to make our program better right now?  Because if he’s not, he should be fired.  If CDC is waiting for a loss to show we are out of contention, then he’s a huge fucking pussy.  We have 4 years of results to point to that he’s a terrible coach.  People that get fired, are usually too late with the right decisions.  CDC will not being here long term if this is how he operates.  He just made this job a lot less attractive to any decent by waiting.  I remember when Jim Mora, David Shaw, and a list of other coaches at mediocre programs turned us down.  It will be more of the same.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wow, he hired a good women’s b-ball coach -‘d softball coach.  Let’s give him a raise!!  What are their names again?

A good leader makes decisions at the right time.  If we win Saturday, do you think Herman gets fired?  Is another week of recruits bailing going to help this program?  

Herman is clearly doing his best to burn this down.  Put Ash, Drayton, anyone else in charge.  Atleast it’s an audition from them and they will atleast try to get recruits to keep an open mind.  Do you think Herman is trying his best to make our program better right now?  Because if he’s not, he should be fired.  If CDC is waiting for a loss to show we are out of contention, then he’s a huge fucking pussy.  We have 4 years of results to point to that he’s a terrible coach.  People that get fired, are usually too late with the right decisions.  CDC will not being here long term if this is how he operates.  He just made this job a lot less attractive to any decent by waiting.  I remember when Jim Mora, David Shaw, and a list of other coaches at mediocre programs turned us down.  It will be more of the same.  

Would have been hard to fire him after Baylor. Maybe after OU, but *shrugs*

Can't let Tom have the opportunity to pull a rabbit out of a hat in Stillwater

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting