Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Wow, he hired a good women’s b-ball coach -‘d softball coach.  Let’s give him a raise!!  What are their names again?

A good leader makes decisions at the right time.  If we win Saturday, do you think Herman gets fired?  Is another week of recruits bailing going to help this program?  

Herman is clearly doing his best to burn this down.  Put Ash, Drayton, anyone else in charge.  Atleast it’s an audition from them and they will atleast try to get recruits to keep an open mind.  Do you think Herman is trying his best to make our program better right now?  Because if he’s not, he should be fired.  If CDC is waiting for a loss to show we are out of contention, then he’s a huge fucking pussy.  We have 4 years of results to point to that he’s a terrible coach.  People that get fired, are usually too late with the right decisions.  CDC will not being here long term if this is how he operates.  He just made this job a lot less attractive to any decent by waiting.  I remember when Jim Mora, David Shaw, and a list of other coaches at mediocre programs turned us down.  It will be more of the same.  

Yall are emotional right now and it’s clouding your judgement. Firing Herman mid season does nothing but make our AD look like An unsupportive twat. Let the season play out And fire him after the season. CDC has proved he can hire elite coaches and has done so here and TCU. 

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yall are emotional right now and it’s clouding your judgement. Firing Herman mid season does nothing but make our AD look like An unsupportive twat. Let the season play out And fire him after the season. CDC has proved he can hire elite coaches and has done so here and TCU. 

Remember when LSU fired Les Miles mid season?  And Oregeron got the team to buy in and they started winning?  And when they started winning, their recruiting class didn’t complete fall apart.  Yeah, what we are doing is so much better...

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

If CDC lets Herman finish the season whichever coach CDC tries and bring in at that juncture will be staring at the barest of cupboards and Texas will be on a fucking two year "Vision Quest" for recruits. Recruits like Charles Wright will be the fucking ceiling vs the floor.

CDC needs to act decisively and show that Texas means business.

Edited by BrazilHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

If CDC lets Herman finish the season whichever coach CDC tries and bring in at that juncture will be staring at the barest of cupboards and Texas will be on a fucking two year "Vision Quest" for recruits. Recruits like Charles Wright will be the fucking ceiling vs the floor.

CDC needs to act decisively and show that Texas means business.

So this is the part where fans pretend to know more than people who literally do this for a living? I think CDC knows the consequences of whatever action he takes. Firing Herman now does literally nothing 

So this is the part where fans pretend to know more than people who literally do this for a living? I think CDC knows the consequences of whatever action he takes. Firing Herman now does literally nothing 
What is the good in keeping him?

What part of our program would get worse if he's fired? On the field play? Recruiting? Fan support/morale? Press coverage?

Please tell me one thing that could get worse if we fired Tom right now, tonight?

I can't wait to hear it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Keeping him does more harm than good. There is no upside in having him stay. 
Recruits are leaving in droves, fans are apathetic, current players are regressing. Herman has built a shit sandwich and it’s time to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Handcruser said:

But then the next post down adds clarification.

I don’t know what he said. But something happened to cause ewers, a lifelong UT fan and 1000% committed recruit to, in 72 hours, drop us and start recruiting other players to join him at *presumably* fOSU.

Something was said. Something happened. To what extent we dont know.

CTJ has great intel. But he’s not 100% right 100% of the time. [cue black panther].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be clear, I’m not willing to say that Elling is reporting something incorrect or untrue, in terms of some badmouthing. Where I’m saying he’s wrong is regarding the concept that this caused a decommitment. 

I can’t go further any time soon because I’m hoping this guy comes back to us with a coaching change. As always, when I can, I will. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, I’m not willing to say that Elling is reporting something incorrect or untrue, in terms of some badmouthing. Where I’m saying he’s wrong is regarding the concept that this caused a decommitment. 

I can’t go further any time soon because I’m hoping this guy comes back to us with a coaching change. As always, when I can, I will. 

This seems good.

What the fuck could Herman have negative to say ABOUT Ewers???? I understand something negative about the program if he knows he’s on his way out, but how could you have something negative to say about a generational talent that grew up a longhorn and is helping you recruit across the fucking nation??

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

what does "he was to simple" mean? 

best guess: "I [Phaizon] was having doubts about Texas and Ewers was having his own, independent doubts as well. Simple as that."

“I was having my [doubts] and he was too, simple”

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

IT says watch for Connor Weigman, he really likes Texas and just got an OU offer...guessing hes the Ewers backup (Gross even writing that)

watch how soon? I don't want to ross and rachel up Ewers if we're just on a break.

• Hook 'Em 1

Humidor

Spoiler

Tom Herman has a big, winnable game ahead of him this week in Stillwater. If you’ve been paying attention, we don’t think the remaining season matters all that much for his future at Texas. That has nothing to do with preference or opinion, it’s simply based on what we are hearing; it’s based on what we have been hearing.

In the coming weeks/month, Johnny Come Lately will report revelations of “they have buyout money“ and some such, but that’s not groundbreaking, and it’s clearly implied in what we’ve been reporting. How the buyout actually occurs might become news unto its own, but we don’t yet know how that will play out. In the end it will just be a minor footnote.

You may remember such classics as “Hark the Harrell Angel” and “Coord Cutting” but we aren’t to the frenzied point where news is daily or calling for the alcohol inducing Moderator Only thread. We’re not fans of busy work, and think re-packaging non-update updates is lazy. Shuttlesworth and I used to call it making stone soup. We’ll at least add some carrots this week but Fridays come fast and new info doesn’t always adhere to deadlines.

So what do we have that’s new? Not a lot, but not nothing either. After bulleits last night I’m going to bullet to make it easier.

- The search is on....for a search firm. Search firms have a bad reputation on the Texas internets. That will happen when you spend $267,000 for CYA to hire Charlie Strong. But firms serve a real purpose if used correctly. It’s how I found Justin. Firms are becoming adept at misdirection so it will make our job more challenging and more fun. Del Conte used a search firm to hire the women’s basketball coach. Vin Scully I think his name is. Of course it’s easy to overspend for a coach in a non-revenue sport. If he overspends on this next coach it’ll probably be a good thing, however. Don’t read too much into retaining a search firm. That could be part and parcel with both Scenario 1 and Scenario 3.

- Calm in the donor ranks is eerie. There’s plenty of **** talking over the current conflagration, and these dudes even have group messages like @Toadvine and @malaise apparently have with half the IT readership, but they’re no longer mad, up in arms, or threatening to withhold funds. From my vantage, the donors who matter are all in line and willing to do what it takes to put out the fire.

- I previously heard if the job should open, Jay Hartzell was open to hiring Urban Meyer. Now I hear that Hartzell wants him if there’s a vacancy. That’s probably related to my previous point.

- I think an in-season firing is possible, but I don’t think it’s likely. This is based on info before Quinn Ewers and DeAndre McNeal de-committed, but I think it’s still accurate. I don’t know what to make of it, but I’m smart enough to give slack for things I don’t know. I’ve heard there is a lot to navigate but try as I might I can’t get color on what that exactly entails. It takes no imagination to believe there is an excess of red tape and bureaucratic friction to navigate at Texas. I do believe the school can’t reach out to potential candidates while Tom Herman is employed. They’ll honor that of course.

Like I said, search firms come in handy.

Personally, I understand fans wanting Tom to be fired in-season if results on the field warrant, but I know there’s a plan in place that might not call for it. Without knowing the details of the plan it’s hard to have confidence in it, but these people are operating with much more info than we are.

- This is independent of UT sourced info, but I asked a trusted confidante in the sports world who he thought were the best, realistic candidates. He listed: Penn State's James Franklin, Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Cincinnati's Luke Fickell, Minnesota's PJ Fleck, and Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott.

Funny enough, a week ago he didn’t think Tom was on the way out. This week he came back with his mind changed. This week he also said he didn’t think Texas was coordinated enough to pull of the Urban Meyer hire. I’m going to give him a week on that and see what he says ;)

Upon a re-read and edit, there’s plenty of meat in there. Be careful not to add too much salt.

STATE OF RECRUITING

Ja’Tavion Sanders, DE, Denton Ryan (TEXAS): The top prospect in UT’s Class of 2021 has been fielding calls recently and even though there’s nothing concrete, his stability in this class is less than stable. Look for OU and Alabama to make a run at Sanders.

Jack Bech, WR, Saint Thomas More (Lafayette, LA): Texas recently reached out to the 6-foot-2, 215-pound senior recently and extended an offer to the former Vanderbilt commit. Andre Coleman and Bryan Carrington have been putting in work with Bech, building the relationship and selling the city and academics. There have been multiple conversations between Texas, Bech, and his family this week. This could be one where the school wins irrespective of coaching upheaval.

Bech holds double-digit offers, including Texas, LSU, Mississippi State and TCU recently. His exploits on the hardwood only add to his appeal as a versatile, athletic wideout.

Bech is scheduled to travel to Austin Saturday morning with family to take a closer look at the university and spend time around the campus and city. Bech is not expected to make a quick decision, and barring a new impactful offer this one looks like a Texas vs. home-state LSU battle. LSU is not a lock in this recruitment, as he enters the recruiting process for a second time. Bech sees both an academic and athletic opportunity at Texas. Bech entertained Ivy League offers before initially picking Vanderbilt because he wants to get a great education.

Bech is also a teammate of one of the top 2022 quarterbacks in the country, Walker Howard. The LSU commit could become a target for Texas should Quinn Ewers commit to Ohio State in the coming days. If Howard were to ever open up his recruitment, Texas would be one that would receive a serious look.

Connor Weigman, QB, Bridgeland (Cypress, TX): Speaking of top 2022 quarterbacks, Conner Weigman of Bridgeland High in Cypress grew up a fan of the Longhorns for years. At 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, the multi-sport athlete excels at baseball as much as football with a desire to play both sports in college. Weigman told IT last week in person, and again this week that a Texas offer "would be my dream". The members of the coaching staff at Bridgeland High we spoke with last week said the exact same thing.

Weigman has 14 offers already in hand, including OU earlier in the week, Baylor, Missouri, Colorado, Pittsburgh and Mississippi State. Texas A&M could be closing in on offering, and that’s a school he’d entertain despite his UT fandom. The Oklahoma offer is impactful, as would one be from LSU, but the Tigers already have a commit in the class.

With Ewers set adrift on the S.S. Fond Farewell, Weigman is one of the many top quarterbacks in-state for his class.

We’ll add a team portion in another thread. We’d prefer it compartmentalized from the toxicity of the coaching discussion. They may be disjointed but they aren’t mailing it in.

17 hours ago, victory88 said:

Remember when LSU fired Les Miles mid season?  And Oregeron got the team to buy in and they started winning?  And when they started winning, their recruiting class didn’t complete fall apart.  Yeah, what we are doing is so much better...

While this scenario could playout elsewhere, LSU's recruiting class is always going to keep the huge majority of La.'s best at home. 

Honestly shocked he was a take that early to begin with with how much talent is at receiver in this class 

Shit here we go again.

“How are we going to fit all these croots in our class?”

We might get none.

Remember baron browning and DJ and all those linebackers? Not a single one.

I’d take Dustin mischkes kid at this point.

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

Shit here we go again.

“How are we going to fit all these croots in our class?”

We might get none.

Remember baron browning and DJ and all those linebackers? Not a single one.

I’d take Dustin mischkes kid at this point.

Oh trust me, it makes sense NOW. But as the first take in the class was kinda shocking

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting