2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

57 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

how has his game changed?  i haven't been watching.

Not so much about his actual game changing, but he's been more willing to defer to his teammates now. Other players (like Bogdan Bogdanovic,  Lou Williams, and even Huerter and Gallinari) are initiating the offense much more frequently now than they were earlier in the season. He's playing off ball more than what I've seen before. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Memphis beat the deserving MVP and best player in the league Steph Curry in their play-in game. 

You cant be MVP and not make the playoffs.   Sorry.   Thems the rules.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I think I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to pay their own training staff to look after them and take care of them probably ought to be able to do that as a standard course of business, and if I'm the team I'd rather it be on them than on my guys.  Most won't do that- how many people really have their own team like that?  Top 20 guys?  Top 40 guys?  

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to pay their own training staff to look after them and take care of them probably ought to be able to do that as a standard course of business, and if I'm the team I'd rather it be on them than on my guys.  Most won't do that- how many people really have their own team like that?  Top 20 guys?  Top 40 guys?  

The flip side of that coin is that if I own the team and give someone  $150m fully guaranteed I would want my training staff to have some input on the management of his health.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

The flip side of that coin is that if I own the team and give someone  $150m fully guaranteed I would want my training staff to have some input on the management of his health.

Sure.  Some input seems completely and totally warranted.  I'd give the guy and his team final control though.  It should be a collaborative process, without a doubt, but after what happened with KD (and the ability of anyone who doesn't want to play to not play) I want that guy to have ownership over that.  I think, more or less, that their interests are usually aligned.  Mitchel's team doesn't have any desire to risk the $150 million dollar investment of the Jazz.  They expect 2 more max contracts I'd guess.  That makes his investment more important than the Jazz more or less. If his professionals and his body are telling him he can go I wouldn't get in the way of that were I Utah.  If Utah is saying he can go but his body or his pros are saying no I wouldn't have any desire to put him back on the court if he wasn't ready if I were Utah.  So- players people (if he has people) would have final say if I was running things. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure.  Some input seems completely and totally warranted.  I'd give the guy and his team final control though.  It should be a collaborative process, without a doubt, but after what happened with KD (and the ability of anyone who doesn't want to play to not play) I want that guy to have ownership over that.  I think, more or less, that their interests are usually aligned.  Mitchel's team doesn't have any desire to risk the $150 million dollar investment of the Jazz.  They expect 2 more max contracts I'd guess.  That makes his investment more important than the Jazz more or less. If his professionals and his body are telling him he can go I wouldn't get in the way of that were I Utah.  If Utah is saying he can go but his body or his pros are saying no I wouldn't have any desire to put him back on the court if he wasn't ready if I were Utah.  So- players people (if he has people) would have final say if I was running things. 

Happy Los Angeles GIF by LA Clippers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I thought the play-in tournament was the the compromise on this want.  

Guessing the ratings came in, so now they have to knee-jerk.  Nevermind the fact that you'll get something as compelling as Steph vs Lebron maybe once every ten years.

But then again, the NBA is good at creating whatever outcome they like so wtf do I know.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

we were due for a dud after an incredible weekend, but i wasn't expecting it to be this one.

Eh. I thought -5 was a little generous to Miami. You knew the Bucks were going to come out with everything they had. 

I didn't think it was going to be THAT bad of an ass-whipping. 

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I wonder what his personal record on 3's is?

I think 14 is still the record - I'm sure Dame has had a few 11 or 12 games. 

I can look it up for yall give me a sec. 

Yeah he's had 2 11 games a 10 and then obviously a bunch of 7, 8, 9 nights (if you expand it to playoffs it includes another 10 game)

Screenshot_20210524-223643_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c94937833bb5529f8105ba7cfe05649.jpg

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1