2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No matter who wins, take Utah and lay the points on Sunday.

You can never "punt" a playoff game, but that feels like one where one of these teams should play their starters for one quarter, and if they can't keep it within 6, empty the bench.

23 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Great game. The warriors are so sloppy with the ball and my God, Andrew Wiggins shot selection was atrocious. 

In his defense (and I can’t believe I’m doing this), someone has to shoot the ball within 24 seconds.  When they are doubling Steph off the ball there weren’t a lot of good choices. 

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Not a terrible outcome for the Warriors, all things considered. A couple nice rotation players emerged, Steph had the beserker season everyone wanted to see, and the Warriors get a few more lottery balls.

Best thing to happen to the Warriors this season was the Timberwolves continue to be one of the worst franchises in sports and likely fucked themselves out of a top 6-7 pick.

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not like the nba sells out every game though, that’s the thing. There just aren’t any baseball teams (pre pandemic or weird situations) averaging less than 15k. 
I’m season ticket holder for astros and have had rockets season tickets. Demand is way higher for stros (when Harden has them as title contenders so comparing like v like- not this years abomination). 
So Yeah- based upon TV numbers and radio numbers and the like yeah- I think there is less demand for hoops. By a fair bit.  I’m not suggesting they’d build domes for it- but if they thought they could sell out 20 or 24k seat arenas they’d build them that size. 

As a Dallasiite living in Houston I can tell you Houston is different from other cities I've lived in when it comes to baseball. They love their Astros and baseball in general. Trying to get my 8 year old into the local little league is white knuckle ride every January. If I don't logon within the first 2 minutes of the portal opening he's not playing that spring. It's fucking ridiculous.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James was found to be in breach of the NBA's health and safety protocols this week, a league spokesperson told ESPN on Friday night.

James was one of several high-profile guests present at a promotional event for Lobos 1707, a tequila brand he backs, earlier this week before the Lakers' play-in game against the Golden State Warriors.

The tequila was poured at a brief outdoor photo shoot, and invitees, including recording artist Drake and actor Michael B. Jordan, had to produce proof of vaccination or a recent negative test result in order to attend.

Even with those measures, James, who has declined to say whether he has received the COVID-19 vaccination, was found to be in violation of the league's health and safety protocols.

"It's a violation of the agreed upon protocols, and, as we have in other comparable instances around the league, it has been addressed with the team," a league spokesman told ESPN on Friday.

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James was found to be in breach of the NBA's health and safety protocols this week, a league spokesperson told ESPN on Friday night.

James was one of several high-profile guests present at a promotional event for Lobos 1707, a tequila brand he backs, earlier this week before the Lakers' play-in game against the Golden State Warriors.

The tequila was poured at a brief outdoor photo shoot, and invitees, including recording artist Drake and actor Michael B. Jordan, had to produce proof of vaccination or a recent negative test result in order to attend.

Even with those measures, James, who has declined to say whether he has received the COVID-19 vaccination, was found to be in violation of the league's health and safety protocols.

"It's a violation of the agreed upon protocols, and, as we have in other comparable instances around the league, it has been addressed with the team," a league spokesman told ESPN on Friday.

The NBA needs to stop with all that shit along with masks and all the other nonsense. Those guys are big boys and if they want to not get the shots like a bunch of morons they should be free to FAFO. It’s paternalistic bullshit now to still have health and safety protocols or tell grown ass men what they can and can’t do. Anyone who cares is vaxed and safe. Anyone who doesn’t care is a moron and can potentially get sick along with the other idiots. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The NBA needs to stop with all that shit along with masks and all the other nonsense. Those guys are big boys and if they want to not get the shots like a bunch of morons they should be free to FAFO. It’s paternalistic bullshit now to still have health and safety protocols or tell grown ass men what they can and can’t do. Anyone who cares is vaxed and safe. Anyone who doesn’t care is a moron and can potentially get sick along with the other idiots. 

Yes, but they stand to lose a fuckton of money if that idiot gets covid. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The NBA doesn't care about "health" at this point, they care about star players contracting the virus and having to miss playoff games. It's a business issue.

I know. But if they have them out for contract

tracing or health and safety protocols like they did KD 2 times reroute I’m this year for 10 days each then all the testing is going to lead to the stars being out. That’s my point. Unless they are going to ignore contact tracing now. Which they should. 

Just now, Kermit said:

Yes, but they stand to lose a fuckton of money if that idiot gets covid. 

Then make him get vaxed. My sense is that any business probably could, legally. 
I like LBJ way more than most on here without

actually liking him. I guess I respect a ton about him in an off the court sense bc he’s totally maximized his gifts both on and off the court like few in his upbringing ever have. Mad respect. But yeah- he’s doing that whole thing with the vaccine here that stupid people who

think they are being smart do. “Long term effects, I don’t know if it’s safe, let’s get some more research blah blah blah”. Shut up and take the needle dude. That’s what non morons do. And if you’ve had the needle tell the nba to fuck off, you are immune so you are going to act like it- as the CDC has finally figured out. He runs the league he has the stroke to do that. 

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Don’t they still test several times a week?

Twice a day I believe unless the team has reached 85% or something and then it’s slightly relaxed. 
you can pop a positive test even with the VAX but you aren’t actually sick. Happened with like 8 Yanks that were vaccinated. They were asymptomatic and I believe they all played. Which says- why ducking bother texting people who are vaxed. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along 

• Haha 1

I'm finding the Wiggins blowback surprising. He had become a very legitimate weapon for them. He had a terrible game shooting wise. He's a valuable piece. He's 6'9, can (most nights) hit an open 3, can create his own shot and he's a very good defender. 

The story of the game to me, as stated by Cumsteen, was GSW being sloppy with the ball again. Draymond with 6 turnovers again. Steph with 7. JTA with 4. Mostly unforced. The Warriors are fun to watch with their playground style of sharing the ball but I swear sometimes Steph and Dray forget that they're on the floor with Kent Bazemore and Michael Mulder instead of KD and Klay. Disappointing.

Memphis and Utah should be fun. I probably only noticed because I'm a MSU alum, but I found it interesting that Tillman was on the floor in crunch time and Jaren was on the bench. Not a knock against JJJ because I think he can be great, he's just got a long way to go. And Tillman, man, he just plays winning basketball. He just gets it. He plays like a 10 year veteran.

Edited by Baboontyme

Lmfao. But KD, who already had the virus, had to be pulled out for 2 weeks for contact tracing.

Health protocols should’ve been thrown out the window the second vaccines were available to anybody over 18. Obviously places like LTC, hospitals should have them.

Vaccine/no vaccine…youre going to have one side who’s vaxxed, who’ll publicly shame those who haven’t..then you’ll have those who haven’t who likely have been living a much more livelier life pre vaccine telling those to fuck off. And I guess natural immunity is thrown out the door?
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

But it’s not New York vs Boston, it’s Brooklyn vs Boston. I live here. Nobody gives a shit about the Nets even with 3 of the best 15 players in the league. But if it’s KD and a LeBron in the final, I don’t disagree with you.

Further to this.  My firm has a suite for the Nets game tonight and are basically having to beg people to come. Meanwhile my neighborhood is filled with little kids in Randle and Barrett jerseys. It's sad, because all KD desperately wants is to be loved. 

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’s nice not to be tied to Wiggins anymore, as was on display last night

Yea, because D'Angelo Russell has been so good.  He pretty much sucks.  

Since the trade, win Shares for Wiggins:  4.4.  Win Shares for Russell: 2.1.  And only 61 million more to pay Russell.  It may be nice to not be tied to Wiggins anymore.  Unfortunately, the Twolves tied themselves to an uglier ditch pig.  You guys are lucky KAT continues to mysteriously want to stay in Minnesota.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1

Russell and kat have played like 10 total games with each other. They’ve won games when those 2 and edwards have played including winning their way out of a top 3 position

I agree he has been more bust than boom…but wiggys shots, particularly in the 4th and OT where he bricked 3s, shot a long 2 and missed a bunny didn’t make me miss him at all