Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We're gonna get a 4-ish national seed, but it's okay to admit that this stings.  It's a largely meaningless tournament. 

2-4 seems like a crapshoot. One projection with us at the national 2 or 3 seed had UCLA and LSU both in our region. No thanks. I'd roll the dice on the 4 spot in that scenario. 

Another thing... winning this shindig would mean another 5 games in the next 3 days for these kids. That seems like unnecessary wear. I actually think best case scenario we win tomorrow and Friday to get a little momentum back and lose Saturday morning/afternoon to avoid a doubleheader. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2-4 seems like a crapshoot. One projection with us at the national 2 or 3 seed had UCLA and LSU both in our region. No thanks. I'd roll the dice on the 4 spot in that scenario. 

Another thing... winning this shindig would mean another 5 games in the next 3 days for these kids. That seems like unnecessary wear. I actually think best case scenario we win tomorrow and Friday to get a little momentum back and lose Saturday morning/afternoon to avoid a doubleheader. 

We don't need to win the whole thing to solidify our seed.  5 games between now and Sunday would be a lot of wear.  But 8 days off is the other alternative.  And not a very good one.  

not good Bob.  see the guy twice in a week and we can't hit him. We had something on the line both times. not good for the national seed ranking.  shitty all the way around.

Pierce needs to light their ass on fire.

Better come back pissed and in a big way tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That is a theory but despite many of our teams playing lots of games in this tournament in the past it has never hurt us. So long as you are not burning pitchers it won't put any wear and tear on the players, this is baseball not football. They will have several days off even if they end up playing Sunday.

If we do end up running deep we will get to see pitchers who don't ordinarily play much, getting them some work might be a good thing.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

We don't need to win the whole thing to solidify our seed.  5 games between now and Sunday would be a lot of wear.  But 8 days off is the other alternative.  And not a very good one.  

Just now, Valmy77 said:

That is a theory but despite many of our teams playing lots of games in this tournament in the past it has never hurt us. So long as you are not burning pitchers it won't put any wear and tear on the players, this is baseball not football. They will have several days off even if they end up playing Sunday.

I was commenting without knowing the rest between conference tourney and regionals. I guess either way isn't the end of the world - just doesn't seem optimal to drop game 1 if we wind up getting to the final Sunday.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

not good Bob.  see the guy twice in a week and we can't hit him. We had something on the line both times. not good for the national seed ranking.  shitty all the way around.

Pierce needs to light their ass on fire.

Better come back pissed and in a big way tomorrow.

What’d we have on the line tonight? Always nice that you show up when we lose 

The Horns aren’t playing their best ball consistently right now. In April we win that game by seven runs. And the one last Friday night or whenever we lost to Wolf last week.

The team feeds off the starting pitcher And Madden for whatever reason isn’t pitching like he was earlier this year.

Oh well. Let’s kick Okie ass tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

What’d we have on the line tonight? Always nice that you show up when we lose 

what the fuck are you talking about?  we are trying to win the conf tournament(or maybe we're not).  I'm here when we win and lose.  we sucked ass twice against a sub .500 team in less than a week. and our ace had another meh outing.   not good.  doesn't mean they can't get their focus back and win but these 2 losses sucked.  

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If we do end up running deep we will get to see pitchers who don't ordinarily play much, getting them some work might be a good thing.

agree.  the wear and tear is really only a concern with pitchers and catchers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

what the fuck are you talking about?  we are trying to win the conf tournament(or maybe we're not).  I'm here when we win and lose.  we sucked ass twice against a sub .500 team in less than a week. and our ace had another meh outing.   not good.  doesn't mean they can't get their focus back and win but these 2 losses sucked.  

Busting your balls buddy. I agree but West Virginia was playing for their lives both last Friday and tonight. Does it suck we didn’t shut em down? Yes. But we’ll pick up a win tomorrow cause we always seem to bounce back. 

Also yeah, this shit is meaningless. Like I said earlier, Gus wouldn’t bring his best 5 or whatever players to the conference tournament cause it was a waste of time 

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Maybe Pierce needs to dust off some Augie “pep” talks cassettes, and hear what a pissed-off coach sounds like.

Yes, because you know for a fact that Pierce doesn’t know how to do that. You’ve been on a roll lately dude 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

You know what? Fuck it. @GreenspointTexas wanna make a wager? Texas makes it to Omaha, I get $100, if Texas doesn’t make it, you get $100. Easy enough for you to understand? @Sheriff Bart you’re more than welcome to join in as well 

Yep. Figured. @GreenspointTexas, sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations and the seasons over. Pussy

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We won half a fucking title because we got beat by a sub .500 wvu team at home. We had a chance for revenge tonight and blew it again against the same fucking pitcher, the same fucking team, with the same sub .500 record

We have a chance to set a record for championships this year, but we shouldnt really give a fuck about that... nor should we care about losing to shit teams, huh?

You seem unhinged. Chill. Didn’t you call our loss against them in our Friday night game one of the of the worst in program history? A loss which ultimately was meaningless.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Figured. @GreenspointTexas, sorry we didn’t live up to your expectations and the seasons over. Pussy

Where the fuck did I say I didnt think we would make it to Omaha or that the season is over? The loss was bad, as was the one last Friday. WVU is a shit team. Put your glasses back on and brush up on the 2nd grade reading comprehension buddy

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

This!

• Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Where the fuck did I say I didnt think we would make it to Omaha or that the season is over? The loss was bad, as was the one last Friday. WVU is a shit team. Put your glasses back on and brush up on the 2nd grade reading comprehension buddy

Every Texas loss ever is the worst loss in program history to you. It’s clear besides movies and beer, you don’t know all that much. That’s ok. We’re here to help. @B00M couldnt read, write or understand numbers and look where he is today! And no you didn’t, but you’re acting like the season is over when we’re guaranteed to host to Omaha. Were those losses pretty? Absolutely not. But with your defeatist behavior, I don’t even think, I know you think we’re not getting out of the regional. So, we on? Lord knows you have the money. I mean why else post a paystub to a message board full of sarcastic, borderline psychotic assholes. 

Edited by Fletch

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I am excited to see Texas end OU's season and kill any chance they have to make the NCAA tournament tomorrow.

At the very least, the team should be motivated today. Fuck OU. 

Let’s get back on track and Beat the Hell out of OU! 🤘🏼🤬🤘🏼

Guest Lobo

Hell yes, we don't need to win this conference tourney to solidify our Top 3 seed, but we need to win at least a couple.  And ending OU's season (they ain't getting an at-large bid) in their backyard would be perfect.  Pickup a win on Friday and we've more than made our case.  

But we are not going to lose to Oklahoma.  I fucking refuse!  

Guest Lobo

Gordon or Eckhardt?  We're not gonna make it to Sunday.  But we need to pickup a couple wins today and tomorrow.

If we make it to the second game Saturday evening, the staff we're facing would be on its #4 starter versus our #5......we'd almost have the advantage.  

11 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Man, some of you dudes need to get a grip.

Same thoughts here. For as nice of a season as Texas baseball has had, there sure is a lot of fucking handwringing going on.

Glass houses and all, but LOL at Baylor. Holy shit, what a fucking inning they are giving K-State. Just a total melt down.

Top 7, K-State down 3-2, Baylor gives up back to back HRs making it 4-3 KSU. Then Baylor changes pitchers only to give up two more runs from various hits and it's 6-3 KSU. Then, Baylor changes pitchers again and gives up a hit, another hit with runners on first and third, 2 outs. Runner at first decides to just jog on a steal of 2nd base only to have the Baylor pitcher turn around and throw to 2nd and get caught up in a pickle within 7 feet of the 2nd baseman. The 2nd baseman decides to run after the KSU runner who is now heading back to 1st, only to run without throwing the ball while watching the runner at 3rd, not realizing that they just need one fucking out to end the inning, and never throws to the bewildered first baseman. Runners at the corners, still 2 outs. Next pitch, you guessed it, a three run homer and it's 9-3 KSU. Shitty baseball all around.

Edited by Droopy
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

people who enjoy college baseball.  How often do you get to see 4 games in one day?   I'm heading to the Tavern in an hour to watch us play Oklahoma and get some beers

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

Us, if we win some games. 😁

Otherwise, it's completely worthless and we meant to be out quickly to get ready for the real tournament.

Yeah if we 0-2 it just means we were saving ourselves for the Regionals.

If we win some games it means we are gathering momentum for a deep run in Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 1