Political Discussion in Daily Texan

immamac

17 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Holy fucking shit. My grandpa served during WWII and was a top notch man's man.  Dude built his house with his own hands.  He passed what he knew down to his grandkids. He was a true reflection of one of our greatest generations.  I am so fucking glad he is no longer around to see how "conservative" Americans have turned into such gaping pussies.  You are concerned about being called names?  You are concerned about being misunderstood?  Are you fucking for real?  Please tell me you are being sarcastic and just trolling. Please!  And people are upvoting your weakass shit.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  Seriously. Where did all of this victimhood come from?  Do you ever look in the mirror and think to yourself, "Oh my god! I am giant pussy!"  Have you ever pondered on why you turned out this way?  Was it the way you were raised?  Did mommy tell you that you were always right? Is it the cable news show you watch nightly?  Maybe the social media you consume?  Whatever happened, please share so we can dissect and understand so that our children don't turn into giant gaping pussies.  

You have totally missed the point and proved mine at the same time...   My post said not a thing about one side being right on this yet you went there....   The point being that people should be able to express a view on a single topic and not be pigeon holed as a extremist for a side or even for a certain side, maybe you know the option of just having a actual decent back and forth conversation about points on a topic instead of people just yelling how right they are.   That’s the point and you went straight to over reaction yelling I’m right and you are wrong and name calling which is how we got to where we are today, you took a move from Trumps playbook on that.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/6/2021 at 1:46 PM, Macklemore said:

@Ghost of LL a conservative hahahaha. That guy is the very definition of the classic “Austin liberal” and is a founding member of the Cabal which is inherently liberal. What I mean when I say that he is a homegrown Texas liberal like the ones I went to school with in the 90s not the California imports who currently have infected the host.

Wulaw Horn's sock it is.

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

“More than 56% of taxpayers (100% – 43.7%) in the lowest income quintile in 1996 had moved to a higher quintile by 2005 (see arrow in top row of the top chart above), with about half of those upwardly mobile low-quintile taxpayers (28.8%) moving up to the second quintile, while nearly as many (27.4%) moved up two or more quintiles, and 4.5% of the low-income quintile taxpayers in 1996 moved to the highest quintile within a decade.“

Wouldn't this be interpreted as people got wealthier as they got older by 20 years?   I know I am a bit better off than I was 20 years ago too.   I know my tuition was lower as well and that if I did everything the same, and was in the same position, in college, I would have been worse off simply due to the increased costs across the board without a substantial increase in wages.

14 hours ago, Brew said:

Do you ever add anything useful to a discussion, because I’m pretty sure I’ve only seen you being a douchebag for the most part in threads?

On occasion I add something useful but mainly I just act like a douchebag. 

Although the only discussion I can recall with you was over the 2017 trumplican tax cuts which I believe you were defending because it saved the average America thousands of dollars and I claimed it was more like $100. I think we finally figured out it was around $500.  So progress was made I guess. 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, fattyflattie said:

We literally demand equal treatment in every other facet of American life.

Do we though?

I submit a few things...

Vote

Personal choice

Civil rights

Education

Religious freedom

Representation by the government 

These may seem trivial, but they're not demanded as equal by a large swath of America

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I responded to the leftists trope about tax rates in the 50’s.  So what I posted is accurate.  You called it a lie and then pivot to some bullshit about tax on labor.  Typical.

We’re the taxes higher in the 1950s or not?

from your own source 

It is worth noting that, per the Piketty, Saez, and Zucman data, the tax rates of the top 0.1 and 0.01 percent of taxpayers have dropped substantially since the 1950s. The average tax rate on the 0.1 percent highest-income Americans was 50.6 percent in the 1950s, compared to 39.8 percent today. The average tax rate on the top 0.01 percent was 55.3 percent in the 1950s, compared to 40.8 percent today.

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I responded to the leftists trope about tax rates in the 50’s.  So what I posted is accurate.  You called it a lie and then pivot to some bullshit about tax on labor.  Typical.

The tax rates you posted from 1950 to the present are on labor. You do understand that can include the highest earners right?

If you don’t understand that or are going to lie/deflect about it then it’s not worth discussing with you.  Just thought the board should know. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The tax rates you posted from 1950 to the present are on labor. You do understand that can include the highest earners right?

If you don’t understand that or are going to lie/deflect about it then it’s not worth discussing with you.  Just thought the board should know. 

Specifically the chart I posted is on the highest earners.

read the fucking chart

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Specifically the chart I posted is on the highest earners.

read the fucking chart

Dude you are a total moron. Anyone but you can read my posts and know I understood that.

My point is the top .001 percent pays less in taxes nowadays because they never realize gains on capital and the government lets them get away with that. Who cares what the rate on labor was in 1950 v 2020. I guess they were getting screwed then too.

But I realize that argument is beyond your pea brain so I’m done discussing this with someone like you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Dude you are a total moron. Anyone but you can read my posts and know I understood that.

My point is the top .001 percent pays less in taxes nowadays because they never realize gains on capital and the government lets them get away with that. Who cares what the rate on labor was in 1950 v 2020. I guess they were getting screwed then too.

But I realize that argument is beyond your pea brain so I’m done discussing this with someone like you. 

None of which was the topic above.

• Drool 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Yes.  And the Silk Road guy posted here I believe.   

quit donald trump GIF

Didn't know where else to put this, but the #2 guy at Silk Road---Variety Jones---(aka Roger T. Clark) was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison by the SDNY.  That was a long fucking extradition and trial.  This is a good primer/refresh on the whole thing if you have ~5 minutes:

https://www.wired.com/story/silk-road-variety-jones-sentencing/?bxid=5cec29952ddf9c4e32eef556&cndid=31320656&esrc=AUTO_PRINT&mbid=mbid%3DCRMWIR012019 &source=Email_0_EDT_WIR_NEWSLETTER_0_DAILY_ZZ&utm_brand=wired&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_content=WIR_Daily_071123&utm_mailing=WIR_Daily_071123&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl&utm_term=P4