Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

Virginia ties it on a bases loaded 4-6-3.

Oops, ruled safe at 1st because the 1B trapped it against his leg on the bounce.  Runners at the corners and 1 out now.

Edited by WBT

49 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Nebraska just ran out of arms, especially after having to come back and play one more game than Arkansas.  We needed a one day rain delay so our shortstop could pitch in the middle innings.  The Cornhuskers competed hard and overachieved this year (picked to be sixth in conference) but winning two out of three from #1 just wasn't in the cards.

Arkansas, on the other hand, didn't really hit worth shit during the whole regional.  Walks and wild pitches manufactured probably half or more of their runs.  It doesn't bode well for them going forward unless they wake up.

Was really impressed by Will Bolt, both on and off the field.  Has done a great job and comes across as a total class act.  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I like that ODU chose to wear these ugly mismatched jerseys to very publicly shame their AD for not funding them better.  

Also they said earlier that they were eating pb&j's in the hotel lobby. Damn.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I like that ODU chose to wear these ugly mismatched jerseys to very publicly shame their AD for not funding them better.  

A few years back, they went all in on football.  Have to believe they shorted the budgets of the other sports on the large capital improvement for their football stadium.

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I guess they needed to make a decision earlier, but it would seem to make more sense to have UVA host the super regional instead of doing it in South Carolina in front of a half-empty crowd.

Only the Regional sites were options.  The NCAA announced this over a month ago.

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

NCAA screwed DBU?  Higher seed than UVA, shouldn't they have the option of hosting in Fort Worth instead of Columbia?

Yeah, that would have made sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I guess they needed to make a decision earlier, but it would seem to make more sense to have UVA host the super regional instead of doing it in South Carolina in front of a half-empty crowd.

Everyone would die of rona.  And half empty seems optimistic.

Edited by WBT
  • Fuck You 1