Peanut Butter

Royalfan5

19 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This stuff is so shockingly good. $9. No sugar. Just coffee infused with finely ground single source beans. Straight outta Brooklyn. It's the combo you didn't know you need.  https://brooklynroasting.com/shop/coffee-peanut-butter/

•  

image.png.3814b8a74f671f72e2ca5e3ba7c0a3ee.png

Coffee Peanut Butters - Brooklyn Roasting Company

Oprah Winfrey Judging You GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

wtf is "chewy" peanut butter?

It's thicker than your average peanut butter. The coffee makes the taste very rich...you don't have the sense that it's coffee at all. Chewy maybe the same way as crunchy peanut butter is chewy except this is much smaller granules.

5 hours ago, next2naus said:

I;'m in this shit, I drink Sumatran Mandheling daily. 

You'll have to post your review. It's pretty damn delicious. Smoother than an all-natural regular ground peanut butter and far richer tasting, with a slight crackle that makes me think about those chocolate bars with rice krispies in 'em. I bought a few jars to help fill out some holiday gift bags for friends and neighbors and the questions about it here led me to open a jar. The 2 hosts of Oops the podcast were going on about it on an episode earlier this year and they must have driven a good amount of business because they ended up with a collab deal. The promo code oopsbeans saves ya 5%. 

This muthafucka here pops up just in time to be completely useless.

I would have ordered that shit a few weeks ago for some obscure family members that we'll be with gathering with this weekend.  

My tales of trailing a dude on 290 towards Dripping on a steel rim in my F-250 don't measure up.  Hot Damn, I need some chewy PB!  Fuck!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JessieJim said:

I adore peanut butter with bananas! It's my fav snack. 

I love that too but I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite snack. My mom used to cut bananas in half crosswise, then in half again lengthwise, and serve us those quarters loaded with peanut butter. Now I just eat a banana and add a dollop of peanut butter to each bite as I go. I do the same thing with red delicious apples. That’s a great match too.

My mom also used to cut up stalks of celery and serve those loaded with peanut butter. I remember liking those but it’s not something I’ve ever done myself. I like to dip my celery in blue cheese dressing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

My mom also used to cut up stalks of celery and serve those loaded with peanut butter. 

I’ll do this once in a while, but I grew up with it, and it’s still a taste that brings me back to childhood.

That, and peanut butter on Saltines.

Edited by South Austin

This is what we like. It's just peanuts. When you open it there's always a little peanut oil at the top requiring you to mix it up pretty good. And you do have to mix it up every time you eat it to keep the consistency right, otherwise the shit at the bottom doesn't stay smooth. But that's what you get with natural peanut butter I guess. 

Full-size item image

• Hook 'Em 2

Grew up with pb and celery too.  Still do it when we have celery around.

If you're looking for a fancy af like $9 jar of peanut butter, try Fix & Fogg.  Got the "everything" butter once which is a crunchy type nut butter loaded with seeds.

Fix & Fogg's nut and seed spread combines hemp, chia, sesame, sunflower, flax, and pumpkin seeds with peanuts and almonds for the ultimate butter with 8g of protein per serving.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, irishtexan said:

This is what we like. It's just peanuts. When you open it there's always a little peanut oil at the top requiring you to mix it up pretty good. And you do have to mix it up every time you eat it to keep the consistency right, otherwise the shit at the bottom doesn't stay smooth. But that's what you get with natural peanut butter I guess. 

Full-size item image

When you're done with the peanut butter, turn it upside down (with the lid on of course).  Store it upside down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, next2naus said:

The Coffee Peanut Butter....shit is fantastic, some might find it a bit grainy versus "chewy". It's sweeter than I expected too. Wish they make a Chunky version vs Smooth. 

I've been thinking about this chewy description off and on ever since it came up here and agree with you although grainy can also carry a negative connotation. A bit crispy in a pleasant way. The coffee isn't ground so small that it feels like it shouldn't be there, and not so large that it gets in the way. Just as gloppy as regular creamy peanut butter but they seem to use extra high-quality roasted peanuts. As coffee roasters by profession, I'd guess they roast them themselves. As I understand it, the mixture came about when someone was just messing around. 

Coworker brought a big bowl of peanut butter fudge, peanut butter/chocolate balls and various other pb based treats. All that was left was 3 pieces of fudge when I got there. After I took a bite I was ready to get stabby for the other 2 pieces. They were glorious.

Edited by RPM

8 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I've always been a JIF man, but I got crazy and tried Peter Pan.  I really liked it.  Hit's a little different than JIF.

I’m a Jif man. When I was a kid my family started out with Peter Pan and then at some point we switched to Jif. I’ve never looked back. 

5 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

A favorite snack of mine growing up was toasted english muffins, peanut butter and jelly.  I preferred strawberry.  And a cold glass of milk.

Strawberry is the standard for me too. I generally just go with Smucker’s preserves. (With a name like Smucker’s, it has to be good, right?) Sometimes I’ll mix it up. Right now I’m rocking the red raspberry. Other times I’ll go with blackberry.

I used to get this stuff but the store that sold it has since closed. It’s fantastic. It’s made by the monks of St. Joseph’s Abbey in Spencer, MA. I was just looking online and supposedly there’s a religious gifts and church supplies shop here in town that carries it. I’m not getting my hopes up but I’ll call when they open tomorrow to find out. Try it if you can find it because it’s awesome.

7E77C8CD-85E0-46AA-8165-1E89A751CC5B.thumb.png.a6c6d61241421d4a565cf6d66a57204e.png

Yes! I called Generations Religious Gifts and Church Supply and they do indeed carry Trappist Preserves. They’re out of blueberry right now but they have both elderberry and ginger in stock. (I just found out through my search yesterday that they make ginger preserves. That sounds intriguing.) They’re only 8 miles away, practically right down the road from me, so I’ll stop in soon. I’m very excited.

Here’s the Trappist Preserves website in case you’re interested:

https://trappistpreserves.pairsite.com/

61E275B3-A46C-47DC-ABE9-E7EE2993917B.thumb.png.edb327bc57cd35e210ac08da81535fbd.png