2021 Non-Austin Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don't care about DBU.  Texas is the best program in the state and we will prove that by being the only Texas team in Omaha.

Fuck you wannabes Tech, A&M, Baylor, DBU, UH, TCU.  All of you. 

Agree, but I don’t think DBU belongs with the others on that list. Doubtful they perceive themselves the way the others do. I was just looking at them as a novelty team with no serious chance.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

ESPN has been sending their broadcast crews to games. Wouldn't be surprised if it were about money.

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Definitely $$$

Yeah, like with a lot of things, covid is only a convenient excuse at this point.

8 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Agree, but I don’t think DBU belongs with the others on that list. Doubtful they perceive themselves the way the others do. I was just looking at them as a novelty team with no serious chance.

Well so were Fresno State and Coastal Carolina and plenty of other Omaha attendees over the years. They had the talent to win it, but a lot had to go their way. It did not.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Too bad.  Good season for DBU.

Are we still confident that we're the late game vs either MSU or Notre Dame over Tennessee vs Virginia.  I think we should be but with DBU losing, I'm not 100%.

I would think ND for sure, maybe not MSU.

Edited by clapclapclap
"Texas is back!"

How the ACC was seeded in this tournament kind of baffles me. They had a ton of teams in the tournament but only 1 regional host, their champ, who was not even a national seed. What is the deal? They usually are one of the top leagues and now have two schools in Omaha.

I guess it was all the weirdness around Covid but it seems to me they were really, and unusually, under-rated this season.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

How the ACC was seeded in this tournament kind of baffles me. They had a ton of teams in the tournament but only 1 regional host, their champ, who was not even a national seed. What is the deal? They usually are one of the top leagues and now have two schools in Omaha.

I guess it was all the weirdness around Covid but it seems to me they were really, and unusually, under-rated this season.

Got no respect due to their limited nonconference schedule. You could say the same for the Big Ten but nobody considers them an elite baseball conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Shortened season by only playing conference games... Is that what might be helping them also with players being more fresh?

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don't care about DBU.  Texas is the best program in the state and we will prove that by being the only Texas team in Omaha.

Fuck you wannabes Tech, A&M, Baylor, DBU, UH, TCU.  All of you. 

Yeah I’m not gonna pull for any school in Texas. Especially one with “Baptist” in its fucking name 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coastal was good that year and probably should have been hosting.  RPI/rankings going into the tournament were borderline top 16.  They don't belong in the same category as Fresno.

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah, it was bizarre.  ND especially got hosed.  As you said, the league was worthy of getting a ton of teams in but their champion who won the league by 4.5 didn't deserve a national seed?  The argument could be made that they should be hosting MSU and that if they were the series would already be over.

Edited by WBT

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Got no respect due to their limited nonconference schedule. You could say the same for the Big Ten but nobody considers them an elite baseball conference.

Yeah, Nebraska was also underrated.  They for sure weren't the weakest 2 seed as evidenced by them pushing a salty Arkansas team that was this close to Omaha to the brink.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I really want ND to win, and that’s a disgusting thought that has never entered my mind before this series.  I’ve never been anti-SEC guy, but their fans at multiple schools are irritating as hell about how good they are. From Arky to LSU to both Mississippi schools to even A&M a d their ridiculous threads about our appearance and a lack of SEC schools there, it’s delicious to me. 

Vandy and Tennessee seems to be the least obnoxious SEC fan bases for baseball. If they are the only two that make it, I’ll a) be very surprised from when we started the Supers, and b) wholly satisfied that these cockdaddy SEC fans have been silenced. Particularly Ole Miss, Arky, LSU and A&M fans. 

Besides that time Jackie Sherrill was their head football coach I don't really have anything against Mississippi State but there is the knowledge that the A&M fans are all vicariously living through them and will be sad if they lose...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They have a hell of a history for a team that’s never won it, with Will and Raffy, but solely because of their conference affiliation and A&M tears, I’m rooting for an ☘️ victory. 

On the other hand Notre Dame, along with Arizona and Tennessee, have a crazy good line up. I would just assume not see them in Omaha.

But hey it is not like we were going to get any easy games there anyway.