2021 Non-Austin Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

11 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

You mean for Monday?

This is how you do it by the way. Win or lose tonight, you’ve won the game of life.

I have no shortage of various forms or alcohol in my home. but yes.. today is evidently National Bourbon Day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I really want ND to win, and that’s a disgusting thought that has never entered my mind before this series.  I’ve never been anti-SEC guy, but their fans at multiple schools are irritating as hell about how good they are. From Arky to LSU to both Mississippi schools to even A&M and their ridiculous threads about our appearance and a lack of SEC schools there, it’s delicious to me. 

Vandy and Tennessee seem to be the least obnoxious SEC fan bases for baseball. If they are the only two that make it, I’ll a) be very surprised from when we started the Supers, and b) wholly satisfied that these cockdaddy SEC fans have been silenced. Particularly Ole Miss, Arky, LSU and A&M fans. 

Hmmmm... where to start. Now I would like to think MSU fan's are pretty humble, because even with all the success in our history. we still haven't won the last game yet. We are damn proud or our attendance and stadium, and should be.. it's a different kind of passion that comes from a small state rallying around 3 very good baseball teams year in and year out. Yes, that passion occurs because there are less options for other forms of entertainment maybe.. but it's a passion that draws the largest crowds for us year in and year out. 

If you find the media attention irritating, well that's been discussed ad-nauseum and that's on ESPN.. we don't write the scripts, what should we do... just lose and not be talked about???

Now I don't know what "appearance" you are talking about unless it's fan support (screw you car horn guy last night...) and well your AD pointed this out on twitter earlier, UT has over 700 million in renovations going on currently. baseball is not near the top of the list. There is no room or truly need to make the stadium bigger as it's only filled 4 series a year including post-season. It's a problem we understand all too well at times. 

So hate LSU for being LSU, Mississippi (who chokes every year prior to OMAHA- Ole Miss at Home Again), and especially Arkansas.. 

but come on now, are you still holding that game 1 lose against us to root against us tonight? or would you rather beat us in Omaha in the first game.. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Hmmmm... where to start. Now I would like to think MSU fan's are pretty humble, because even with all the success in our history. we still haven't won the last game yet. We are damn proud or our attendance and stadium, and should be.. it's a different kind of passion that comes from a small state rallying around 3 very good baseball teams year in and year out. Yes, that passion occurs because there are less options for other forms of entertainment maybe.. but it's a passion that draws the largest crowds for us year in and year out. 

If you find the media attention irritating, well that's been discussed ad-nauseum and that's on ESPN.. we don't write the scripts, what should we do... just lose and not be talked about???

Now I don't know what "appearance" you are talking about unless it's fan support (screw you car horn guy last night...) and well your AD pointed this out on twitter earlier, UT has over 700 million in renovations going on currently. baseball is not near the top of the list. There is no room or truly need to make the stadium bigger as it's only filled 4 series a year including post-season. It's a problem we understand all too well at times. 

So hate LSU for being LSU, Mississippi (who chokes every year prior to OMAHA- Ole Miss at Home Again), and especially Arkansas.. 

but come on now, are you still holding that game 1 lose against us to root against us tonight? or would you rather beat us in Omaha in the first game.. 

All good points but you guys STILL hired Jackie Fu#king Sherrill.

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

All good points but you guys STILL hired Jackie Fu#king Sherrill.

Truth.. and there were good times and bad times. 

We then hired Sly Croom, one of the worst coaches in d1 history... we paid for our sins. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Looking at our bracket schedule, whomever starts our first game is going to have an ability to start our fourth game, if necessary. So, I feel more comfortable than I can remember in a long time entering this CWS with our 3 studs. 

If you’re Pierce, who do you start?

Doesn't feel like Pierce is gonna mess with his rotation at all. 

14 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I love that story

If you love it watch the "Hold the Rope" LSU/Skip B documentary on SEC Network.  They cover that series well and it is delicious.

The pep talk Skip gave to his squad before sweeping two straight from aggy was fucking beautiful.  Called aggy "frauds".  That's all the spoiler I'll offer.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Surprised MSU hasn’t won one title. Not a fan of the ESPN hype machine but fuck ND. Like, forever. 

I will root for ND to lose as God and DKR intended.

If MSU punches their ticket, I would love a rematch of the game in Dallas. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t wanna watch an LSU doc, but i do wanna hear the story. 

Skip called aggy frauds, which is correct in almost any situation, and they found a secret stash of Olsen magic aggy stored in the equipment shed near the train tracks. Well, the legend holds that Skippy B dipped the tiger bats in the magic and some of the gloves and well the rest is history. 

My recollection of the Gus story though was that he said it in Omaha on the media availability of all the teams. “Where are the Aggies? I was told they’d be here.” Heard that Gus said it just came out as he had to hear about them all season long.  

Edited by Droopy

11 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Surprised MSU hasn’t won one title. Not a fan of the ESPN hype machine but fuck ND. Like, forever. 

I will root for ND to lose as God and DKR intended.

If MSU punches their ticket, I would love a rematch of the game in Dallas. 🤘🏼

Well the ball bounced off Gene Morgan's shin in 85 from a longhorn batter and we never recovered then. 

some say 89 was our best team, but we fell in the regional finals to NC State in the 2nd game. 

2013 was the year we finished 2nd.. when we only had 1.5 quality pitchers basically. 

2018 was the true willpower crazy year.. cann caught sexting in a game and fired, and gary henderson rides the wave of jake magnum, big mac, stovall, pilkington, and small all the way to 3rd place..  

We win tonight. we go to omaha for 3 years straight. and 4 of the last 8.  

In full disclosure, I don't believe this is the year to win either if we make it. But OMAHA always plays different and a big park would be good for our pitchers.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Mississippi State has Landon Sims. I don't think Notre Dame has anyone like him on their staff.

The question that will be answered soon. do we start him or Houston Harding. I'm in favor of sticking with a proven starter but bringing Sims in as soon as he's needed. if that's the 3rd inning or 6th (or the 1st..ugh) but he's not a starter. He proved against the horns he can throw 60+ pitches in 3+ innings to finish a game. It wouldn't be a stretch to push him to 70-80 pitches with the game on the line. 

I’d go with Stevens, Madden, Hansen just like the regional. Starting Steven’s does not mean he’s the staff Ace. He is a solid pitcher that can get a win. 

Really you can say the same for Madden but I like what Stevens brings in the contact department and allows the D to get some routine work in. I prefer when the pitcher allows contact and his defense to make some outs as opposed to strike outs. Those are good too but getting guys in the field comfortable is also good for the team and that is what makes this team so special. No surefire super stars, just a solid all around team that is going to ruin your season and send you the fuck home while we dogpile on your heart. 

7 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Well the ball bounced off Gene Morgan's shin in 85 from a longhorn batter and we never recovered then. 

some say 89 was our best team, but we fell in the regional finals to NC State in the 2nd game. 

2013 was the year we finished 2nd.. when we only had 1.5 quality pitchers basically. 

2018 was the true willpower crazy year.. cann caught sexting in a game and fired, and gary henderson rides the wave of jake magnum, big mac, stovall, pilkington, and small all the way to 3rd place..  

We win tonight. we go to omaha for 3 years straight. and 4 of the last 8.  

In full disclosure, I don't believe this is the year to win either if we make it. But OMAHA always plays different and a big park would be good for our pitchers.

Saw an interview with Rafael Palmeiro once and he said the hardest hit ball he’d ever seen/fielded was from Keith Moreland. “Keith turned on a pitch and hammered it down the first baseline. I caught it and touched first, then realized I didn’t have the ball. It (the ball) broke my glove and went into right field.”

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Against solid hitting teams, of which we have faced none in the postseason, I’d much rather have a strikeout pitcher that has a tendency to walk guys, because we have such a stuffy bullpen. Stevens is the one guy that could get crushed in Omaha, and was really lucky last night to only give up 4 runs. 

There are some solid hitting teams in the Big XII though and Stevens held his own, plus Miss St already saw Madden this year, albeit in the first game of the season. Sending Hansen out there, while he is solid, is probably not what you want to do in this type of situation. 

It’s a question of Madden or Stevens and I’d prefer to have Stevens set the tone, Madden to keep the momentum  and Hansen crush their dreams. 🤘🏼

35 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I’d go with Stevens, Madden, Hansen just like the regional. Starting Steven’s does not mean he’s the staff Ace. He is a solid pitcher that can get a win. 

Really you can say the same for Madden but I like what Stevens brings in the contact department and allows the D to get some routine work in. I prefer when the pitcher allows contact and his defense to make some outs as opposed to strike outs. Those are good too but getting guys in the field comfortable is also good for the team and that is what makes this team so special. No surefire super stars, just a solid all around team that is going to ruin your season and send you the fuck home while we dogpile on your heart. 

Steven's?  Are you fucking kidding me?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, msudawg said:

State pulling out the maroon 1985 throwbacks for first time this year I believe. Let's see if it works out..

I think you'd probably get a little more sympathy around here if your school's colors weren't maroon and white.

And if your school had never hired Fedex Jackie $herrill.

And if your school weren't in the SECSECSEC.

Other than that, though, there's nothing to dislike about MSU. ;)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

And I've been cocky guy all year long and it hasn't bitten us yet so I'm going to keep it up by saying neither of these teams scare me. 

I will say though - Miss St. seems like they'd have a better chance. I think we'd fucking smoke ND.

Edited by ztejas